Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Graphics Card Suggestion?
(06-24-2009, 07:05 PM)Mike link Wrote: And if you took the CPU heat sink off, make sure you reapplied the thermal grease between the processor and sink.
now u tell him that? lol thats a tad bit important , but yeh , take a piece of towel , put a lilttle water or not sure to recommend this but a little rubbing alcohol , use the towel to get rid of the thermal paste , the glue thing that looks grey on the CPU fan and the CPU , and then add the thermal paste then put it back together
i didnt touch the cpu...at any point nor do anything near it...so i didnt take off the heatsink or whatnot...

edit:pc still acting very strange and slower than normal,still getting the cpu fan error on start up(it lets me boot up if i shut the pc off 3 or 4 times),only thing i have done is install the new power supply and graphics card,so it has to be one of those things causing the issue
bruhh dont u understand? DID U EVER TAKE OFF THE FAN OF THE CPU? and DO U know what im talking about?
What PSU did you end up getting? And it must have something to do with the PSU swap, cuz thats the only place i can see you screwing up in.
lol didnt u see my post above urs sean,i never did anything involving the cpu,no taking off of the fan no touching shit near it or anything,

cloak,i got a coolermaster psu,wasnt cheap at all so i figure it is decent quality,when i took out the orig i made sure i plugged back in the same things i unplugged,only had 4 wires total that were orig plugged in,(HD,DVD Drive,Big Plug In motherboard,and teh one in the diagram farepak posted earlier in this post,when i installed theĀ  graphics card and plugged it in that made 5,so i know i got everything plugged back in,i just dunno what the issue is,i havent even put the side piece back on my case and it doesn't get hot at all,i check quite often to make sure its not warm or anything inside the case and it never is..comp seams to have been randomly crashing today too,i will be doing something and my music will stop and the screen will go out but the pc is still on...n when i press the sleep button nothing happens,like its frozen but everything blacks out so i cant tell,untill i did these upgrades i have never had an issue once with my pc so i know it has to be something...i just dont know what

i took a pic so i could remember the exact error it gives me on reboot

"ERROR: CPU Fan Has Failed

PC will automatically power down in a few seconds.
Service PC immediately to prevent damage to CPU"
>:)
Whats the model of it? Specs?

Saying its a coolermaster doesnt mean much :P
Does the CPU fan spin or anything?
(06-26-2009, 03:37 AM)2MuchHustle link Wrote: lol didnt u see my post above urs sean,i never did anything involving the cpu,no taking off of the fan no touching shit near it or anything,

cloak,i got a coolermaster psu,wasnt cheap at all so i figure it is decent quality,when i took out the orig i made sure i plugged back in the same things i unplugged,only had 4 wires total that were orig plugged in,(HD,DVD Drive,Big Plug In motherboard,and teh one in the diagram farepak posted earlier in this post,when i installed theĀ  graphics card and plugged it in that made 5,so i know i got everything plugged back in,i just dunno what the issue is,i havent even put the side piece back on my case and it doesn't get hot at all,i check quite often to make sure its not warm or anything inside the case and it never is..comp seams to have been randomly crashing today too,i will be doing something and my music will stop and the screen will go out but the pc is still on...n when i press the sleep button nothing happens,like its frozen but everything blacks out so i cant tell,untill i did these upgrades i have never had an issue once with my pc so i know it has to be something...i just dont know what

i took a pic so i could remember the exact error it gives me on reboot

"ERROR: CPU Fan Has Failed

PC will automatically power down in a few seconds.
Service PC immediately to prevent damage to CPU"

lmao same , i made some upgrades a while back , but since i upgraded to win7 , shits been eating up my ram , and my pc freezes , it just freezes , the screen shows like error lines across , then the pc noise sounds gets louder , then the screens sends me back what i was doing , but it is frozzen , then i turn it off then back on. pretty fuckin gay cause it happens out of nowhere :S
yeah the cpu fan spins normally just like it always has,

link to my PSU

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product....ct_id=2726

one thing i have noticed,after the screen blackd out i went and looked inside PC and on the bottom of my graphics card there is this little red light on that is normally not on,when i reboot the light shuts off and doesnt come on unless the screen blacks out..