Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Introduction] [W]IDmad
hmm am extremely bored
[table]
[tr][td]Ingame Name: [W]IDmad, normally some random name[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Country: Finland[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Age: 18[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Gender: Male[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Other Games: aoe2,aoe3,css,lfs,nhl06,worms world party and many others[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Playing SA-MP Since: First public beta so bit over 3 years[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Playing on LVP Since: Summer 2007 (regged on forums in November)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Introduction:

hmm where should I start..well I started playing GTA rumble in late 2005 and moved to MTA:race after few months of playing it. In April 2006 I heard from somebody (don't remember who) that there'd be a new GTA:SA multiplayer mod betatest coming and I thought it'd be worth a try. First I thought the mod was shitty coz I couldn't hit anything and only played it few times during the public beta tests. After I heard that there was a full release from the mod I thought I'd give it a shot if it had improved and tried it. I soon noticed that it hadn't really improved but I quickly learned how to lead aim etc. From that point my sa-mp "addiction" started.

First I was playing on different official servers and finally found my way to littlewhitey's in May-June 2006. There I quickly made friends with ppl and started hanging with members of a clan called "[W] - The Warriors". I remember them as good players at the time coz I was pretty noob at the time. After I had been with them quite a while I asked if I could join them and I remember hooligan telling me that I need to train a bit and hang around with the clan members more. So I did and after 2 months or so I finally got in. After that I just kept fighting at North Ammunation mainly against SMITH who were better than us at the time. But we had more members than they did so we usually had the upper hand. Slowly I got better and better and eventually I could win 1on1 fights against SMITHs. There was many flamewars and fights between SMITH and W but I wasn't very active at the time so I don't remember much about those times. Partly coz of this slight inactivity I missed the whole PEN1 stuff. I played on lw's for about a year or so and had around 13000 kills but after the release of 0.2 in 2007 lw's got some new admins and new rules like "no doorcamping, no switching" and usually admins kicked/banned players if they didn't like them. Around those times lw's started to get shitty. Then I found LVP and played there pretty often and on lw's once in a while (usually undercover). I played on the server for half year or so b4 I started to change servers and around those times W's own server: Los Santos Turf Wars got very popular and had over 100 players daily for few weeks. LS:TW was pretty popular for almost half a year (over 50 players daily) and after it got unpopular I moved back to LVP. At that time I could say I had my "skill peak" and I've gone downhill since then. Around these times W was pretty active too and we had around 30 players in our roster. W was very well known also. Then me and few others organized the LVP vs lw's match in June 2008 (which LVP won 5-1) and after that I couldn't go to lw's anymore without getting abused by some admin. Therefore I started using undercover names everytime I went there and eventually got banned for "Not welcome here anymore" in December 2008.

At that point I was pretty bored of sa-mp already so it didn't really bother me and I just played on LVP if I even felt like playing sa-mp in the first place. After a few months I pretty much got bored of sa-mp and started playing other games instead. I played rarely and usually using undercover names. I evaded on lw's a few times but the server hasn't got any better so there's no point playing there and since I'm banned from LVP and most official servers there's not much left to play in sa-mp. U won't find any good old clanwars anymore and most of the old/big clans are inactive or dead. Sa-mp had it's "golden era" between summer 2006 and summer 2007 and it's gone downhill since then. Sa-mp will eventually die within few years and there'll be only few hundred players left in the whole community. Almost all the oldschool players have left the community except a few ones.

In June 2009 I thought I'd arrange another LVP vs lw's event and after few weeks of organizing with Slice we managed to get it all together and the event went good and LVP won 9-1. Big thanks to Slice and everyone who participated!

I'm close to the point of "retirement" and just wrote this so I could still remember all these things after a year or two. I've met a lot of ppl via sa-mp and can't possibly remember them all but they've all been part of making the bigger picture.
I know I've missed a lot of stuff between summer 2006 and 2007 but I really don't remember much about that time and I'm not sure what happened and when. I might've got some times wrong but correct me if u remember them better.

In July 2009 I decided to leave [W] after been in the clan for almost 3 years. I left due lack of interest in sa-mp and coz I wouldn't get any active in the future either.
So basically I left coz I'm done with sa-mp and have no interest in it anymore.
Was fun playing this game and it's the only game that I've played more than 3 years. The community is the only thing that keeps sa-mp alive and without it sa-mp wouldn't have had lasted so long. I've met some great ppl via sa-mp and the "sa-mp experience" wouldn't have been so good without them. It's been great.

P.S Propz for everyone who read it all.
[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

aight promised to add a few pics so here's some, sadly tho I've lost all the 2006-2007 pics so I only got pics from early 2008 to early 2009

BB vs W fight
[Image: sa-mp-013.png]

BB vs W war
[Image: sa-mp-021.png]

crusing around at LVP
[Image: sa-mp-028.png]

Shooting some ppl
[Image: sa-mp-030.png]
[Image: sa-mp-041.png]
[Image: sa-mp-204-1.png]
[Image: sa-mp-217.png]
[Image: sa-mp-114-1.png]
[Image: sa-mp-112.png]

apparently got lucky against violax
[Image: sa-mp-045-1.png]

Hatred on LW's (me as helicopter_boi)
[Image: sa-mp-056.png]
[Image: sa-mp-073.png]
[Image: sa-mp-0733.png]
[Image: sa-mp-139.png]

other pics
[Image: lulz.jpg]
[Image: sa-mp-032.png]
[Image: sa-mp-248.png]
[Image: sa-mp-189.png]
[Image: sa-mp-107.png]
[Image: sa-mp-097.png]
[Image: sa-mp-202.png]
[Image: sa-mp-199.png]
[Image: sa-mp-173.png]
[Image: sa-mp-105.png]

me killing littlewhitey in the 1st LVP vs lw's match
[Image: sa-mp-114.png]

1st LVP vs lw's match
[Image: sa-mp-122.png]
[Image: sa-mp-119.png]
[Image: sa-mp-117.png]

Some vids where I'm in:
BB vs W mini-war filmed by HaZe
[W]arriors vs [B]lood [B]rothers: Mini-War

from W's own server Los Santos Turf Wars from 2007
San andreas Walking on planes

Helislice on lw's
another helislice on lw's

Lw's tec/sawn tourney final match vs [PA]_PDA
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5036850/LW_Tournament_Final

One of the best sa-mp videos from 0.1b times
PAWNAGE
And yes I'm in it (check 3:20 very closely ;))

Cruise on LVP
LVP cruise on 13th of December

I think that's it

Yeah sa-mp is pretty crappy compared to how it used to be. Much more stable, but gameplay wise, crap! I used to play partyserver all the time when SA-MP first came out, it was good back then, I used to go the FBI guys, since most of the fighting was around there. It's like the ship in LVP...but no 'safe zone', but started going crappy, some characters started being allied with other characters (FBI became SWAT and allied with the Army for example) and it just started getting boring and the turfs came in and there's absolutely no point in going there no more.

SA-MP will die, but not while I'm still munching around!

Nice intro btw.

[me=Munch]waits for some newbie to welcome you[/me]
Welcome to LVP, we hope you enjoy your stay here.
Nice intro you've made. Good story, and it's actually true too. =)
Why'd you get banned on LVP lol
(05-23-2009, 01:31 AM)FarePak link Wrote: Why'd you get banned on LVP lol

Lol was gonna ask that but forgot about it.

Always goes on irc...uh...drunk...argues with TEF and ends it with a racist comment, then got 10, then 35 days and now it's Godknows how long (didn't even know he was banned)
Yo IDmad!
(05-23-2009, 12:45 AM)Munch link Wrote: Yeah sa-mp is pretty crappy compared to how it used to be. Much more stable, but gameplay wise, crap! I used to play partyserver all the time when SA-MP first came out, it was good back then, I used to go the FBI guys, since most of the fighting was around there. It's like the ship in LVP...but no 'safe zone', but started going crappy, some characters started being allied with other characters (FBI became SWAT and allied with the Army for example) and it just started getting boring and the turfs came in and there's absolutely no point in going there no more.

SA-MP will die, but not while I'm still munching around!

Nice intro btw.

[me=Munch]waits for some newbie to welcome you[/me]
it's annoying how much shit people talk about sa-mp when they still play it
(05-23-2009, 01:31 AM)FarePak link Wrote: Why'd you get banned on LVP lol
apparently I've said something bad while playing on LVP and now I got a 6 month ban or so.
Quote:IDmad link=topic=19266.msg214084#msg214084 date=1243087758]
apparently I've said something bad while playing on LVP and now I got a 6 month ban or so.

shizz, you topped Zezima?