Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Another ship bug
:o You didn't get jailed?
(05-11-2009, 01:24 PM)Phyc0 link Wrote: I have discovered something related to ship killing which bothers me:

I've noticed that if you kill someone on the ship you don't get the kill (/my stats), but if you are killed while on the ship it counts as a death. Can you please change that? :/
Was not the spawn at ship removed?
That's probably why. Or am i wrong?
(05-12-2009, 05:58 PM)Mafo link Wrote: Was not the spawn at ship removed?
That's probably why. Or am i wrong?
I removed it yes.
(05-12-2009, 05:58 PM)Mafo link Wrote: Wasn't not the spawn at ship removed?
[quote author=Matthias link=topic=19075.msg210763#msg210763 date=1242148874]
I removed it yes.
[/quote]Problem solved! :)
(05-12-2009, 09:57 PM)Mafo link Wrote: Problem solved! :)

So far for the shipidling I guess. :+

But people don't get jailed now, so new bug arising. :'(
(05-12-2009, 11:07 PM)Richard link Wrote: So far for the shipidling I guess. :+

But people don't get jailed now, so new bug arising. :'(
That's why i never get jailed when i ship kill.

* Mafo Hides.
[move]I WANT ATTENTION kthnx[/move]

(05-11-2009, 01:24 PM)Phyc0 link Wrote: I've noticed that if you kill someone on the ship you don't get the kill (/my stats), but if you are killed while on the ship it counts as a death. Can you please change that? :/

Can a Developer fix this? :/
Probably one of the devs editing something in the OnPlayerDeath public function.

Whatever has been done, its caused heli kills to be acceptable with no punishment, which in my opinion is pretty shit, and also people cant stay in the "safe zone" and be safe, since being killed on the ship is just the same as being killed anywhere else in the server.

(05-12-2009, 06:21 PM)Matthias link Wrote: I removed it yes.

Why???

Lets say someone on the ship has 4mil, runs to the ATM machine, but doesn't get there, because some noob like frank123 nades the ship kills them. He earns the 4mil +1 kill, and doesnt goto jail.

The player who was killed, after losing 4mil, then spawns somewhere else, and maybe they spawn at the police station, they're greated by K4T3 in an RC Barron ready to spawn kill them.

Sounds fair?

Or... A player has just been fighting, he kills 2 or 3 players, and runs low on stamina. Wants to goto the ship to regain stamina and bank the 50mil bounty he just got from a kill. When he's shot by a sniper, or naded by frank123 who has developed quite a liking for ship nading recently. He regains stamina yeah, cos he was killed, but loses 50mil, spawns somewhere else. And gets pissed off that its been allowed to happen.

Just some simple possibilities which you obviously hadn't thought of.

Also... Some interiors allow killing... why?

Interior weapons is a good idea to stop the interior weapons cheat, but, a bad idea if you're going to allow interior damage in some interiors.

Seems the .20 part is just another step to becomming littlewhitey's
(05-13-2009, 10:57 AM)SAFC link Wrote: Why???

Lets say someone on the ship has 4mil, runs to the ATM machine, but doesn't get there, because some noob like frank123 nades the ship kills them. He earns the 4mil +1 kill, and doesnt goto jail.

The player who was killed, after losing 4mil, then spawns somewhere else, and maybe they spawn at the police station, they're greated by K4T3 in an RC Barron ready to spawn kill them.

Sounds fair?

Or... A player has just been fighting, he kills 2 or 3 players, and runs low on stamina. Wants to goto the ship to regain stamina and bank the 50mil bounty he just got from a kill. When he's shot by a sniper, or naded by frank123 who has developed quite a liking for ship nading recently. He regains stamina yeah, cos he was killed, but loses 50mil, spawns somewhere else. And gets pissed off that its been allowed to happen.

Just some simple possibilities which you obviously hadn't thought of.

Also... Some interiors allow killing... why?

Interior weapons is a good idea to stop the interior weapons cheat, but, a bad idea if you're going to allow interior damage in some interiors.

Seems the .20 part is just another step to becomming littlewhitey's

If you'd actually read what has been said before, you would have known I removed the ship spawn.