Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Resignation
(05-05-2009, 07:15 PM)FarePak link Wrote: This is gonna fail, no one is going to listen to people who is unsigned, you were barely getting any listeners on LVP radio, the wider audience is gonna hate you even more.

I have to disagree. There are a lot of pubs/clubs around Britain that make a lot of money showcasing unsigned bands live. It might work in radio format too.
(05-05-2009, 07:16 PM)Myke link Wrote: How's this sucess?
Right now there's no-one DJing, the same it's been for the last 3 days.
Only certain DJ's were coming on, but for the most part it's been dead.

Well. I'm not sure. This may be due to my, and lot's of other people's leavings.

(05-05-2009, 07:15 PM)FarePak link Wrote: This is gonna fail, no one is going to listen to people who is unsigned, you were barely getting any listeners on LVP radio, the wider audience is gonna hate you even more.

You know what? I'd love to see you try something new. People will listen, and at least it will be legal. I don't do it to succeed anyway, I do it as a hobby. I don't know why your saying that it's going to fail, FarePak, you already have. FarePak was a Christmas savings group that actrually came from my town, one year it went bust leaving lots of disapointed families without any food, or presents. Their money was gone. They never got it back.

So is that why you call yourself that, because your a disapointment, are always downing on everybody? You have ALWAYS posted negative comments, so unless you have something decent to say, don't. Try and do something like this, or another project yourself. See how people down on that.
Erm, I wouldn't say alot, especially now in the ressecion and all. Most rookie bands suck, whos gonna trust some randomer with their music.
(05-05-2009, 07:18 PM)Fist link Wrote: Well. I'm not sure. This may be due to my, and lot's of other people's leavings.

The only reason you're leaving is because it's been dying. And you think starting up a new radio will some-how be better..
With the vast amount of unsigned artists out there, a huge majority of them won't waste their time sending music to some unknown online radio with no prospects and without a high average listener count.
And on the other hand, people won't listen if it's just unsigned music.
(05-05-2009, 07:20 PM)Myke link Wrote: The only reason you're leaving is because it's been dying. And you think starting up a new radio will some-how be better..
With the vast amount of unsigned artists out there, a huge majority of them won't waste their time sending music to some unknown online radio with no prospects and without a high average listener count.
And on the other hand, people won't listen if it's just unsigned music.

That is not true. I have been thinking of this for ages. I have a topic in the Management section saying that I'm leaving, even before the "dying" began. Also, the legality issues annoyed me. I wanted to have a go at my hobby, without feeling guilt for breaking the law. Also tell me since when do you know what I am thinking, and what my reasons are for things?

I know quite a few bands that would love to have a break through radio, alot of people want to hear new bands, upcoming artists, and more. Not everyone listens to the radio for music anyway. You can't comment on the listening figures because it hasn't started yet. The only reason LVP Radio didn't get alot of listeners is because I couldn't freely advertise it because it was illegal.

(05-05-2009, 07:20 PM)FarePak link Wrote: Most rookie bands suck, whos gonna trust some randomer with their music.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...D=63051230

http://www.unsigned.co.uk/The_Fore/
Although its illegal, I don't think anyone here cares.
I've seen quite a few "DJ's" come here and apply, if you'd accept them instead of the LVP regulars, maybe LVP Radio will get hot again because there are "outsiders". And those outsides could bring new music and more listeners. Who knows, maybe not. :P Have fun, Fist and good luck with school.

LVP Radio certainly won't die because of the departure of Fist, as there are others managing it too. If only the "DJ's" who were accepted for a timeslot actually were "DJing" on the time which was assigned to them. In my opinion, you should only apply if you enjoy "DJ-ing" and you're dedicated to it. Also, you "DJ's" should make your shows more interactive. I'm talking about quizzes, etc. Although, with the 20 second time delay, that would kinda blow. :+
(05-05-2009, 07:27 PM)Fist link Wrote: That is not true. I have been thinking of this for ages. I have a topic in the Management section saying that I'm leaving, even before the "dying" began. Also, the legality issues annoyed me. I wanted to have a go at my hobby, without feeling guilt for breaking the law.

I know quite a few bands that would love to have a break through radio, alot of people want to hear new bands, upcoming artists, and more. Not everyone listens to the radio for music anyway. You can't comment on the listening figures because it hasn't started yet. The only reason LVP Radio didn't get alot of listeners is because I couldn't freely advertise it because it was illegal.

You can't have listeners with no music to play (or very little music) and hardly anyone will send you their songs after you start the radio up if you only get an average of say 5 listeners.

And the only way it'll be completally legal is if you pay royalties to the song producers.
Even unknown artists aren't going to send their song which they spent endless hours producing/recording and the money spent on the studio time they booked to a radio among the other thousands with the risk of you stealing it.
(05-05-2009, 07:30 PM)FarePak link Wrote: Although its illegal, I don't think anyone here cares.
Yes. But I think the authorities would.

(05-05-2009, 07:36 PM)Myke link Wrote: You can't have listeners with no music to play (or very little music) and hardly anyone will send you their songs after you start the radio up if you only get an average of say 5 listeners.

And the only way it'll be completally legal is if you pay royalties to the song producers.
Even unknown artists aren't going to send their song which they spent endless hours producing/recording and the money spent on the studio time they booked to a radio among the other thousands with the risk of you stealing it.

They will do it to get noticed, get some publicity. I won't be "stealing it", I'll be playing it, and then when they want me to stop I will. Otherwise I will get in legal problems.
(05-05-2009, 07:39 PM)Fist link Wrote: Otherwise I will get in legal problems.

It's the internet. What's stopping them to believe you're going to wait until you get enough songs then shutdown the radio and they never hear from you again?