Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Problematic lack of DJ's
As you know the radio is currently down and the schedule is not going to get done anytime soon.

Griffin is scripting a weekly changing schedule, but Fist and I thought we could start using the fixed schedule until then.
Only a to few time slots are filled, half of the current dj's still has to pick a slot. When we still have insufficient programming perhaps more slots or get new dj's.
When the website is back up, after Corleone has granted fist ftp access, we could start broadcasting again.

Now before Fist and I decide upon anything we should realize that there are others in the management and ask you on your ideas about this.
  • When do you think we should come back online (what needs to be fixed first)
  • How to get all the djs to sign in for a slot, kick them out if they don't?
  • How to get more DJ's if we need them (actions, pr, ads whatever)
  • We must agree on a date so we can announce the relaunch of lvpradio so we will actually have listeners. We could try and get a dj to make a cool start show, with prizes for listeners etc (all the already proven fun games/things we used to do on the radio only then prepared, well constructed and organized :) (and then hope people will stick around)

Anyone anything to add, scratch, mention, agree or disagree upon? (really I want us to think it trough so shout, so we wont look unprofessional(again) when we launch(again)
(03-19-2009, 06:54 PM)tBKwtWS link Wrote:
  • When do you think we should come back online (what needs to be fixed first)
Sometime in mid-April. I think that a month is the perfect amount of time to get things done. :D

• How to get all the djs to sign in for a slot, kick them out if they don't?
Require every single DJ to be on the LVP Radio IRC channels (i.e. #LVP.Radio & #LVP.Radio.Crew) and make a topic especially for the slots so we can communicate better. ;)

• How to get more DJ's if we need them (actions, pr, ads whatever)
The application topic is a great start, but every current DJ could put in an extra signature to advertise that we need more applicants. ;) We could also set the topic of #LVP and #LVP.VIP to inform others that we're looking for new DJs. That way it wouldn't only be on the official LVP Radio channel of #LVP.Radio, thereby appealing to a greater audience. (Of course, we should poke Badeend or Nakebod for that, though. :+)
It could be put in the news header, at the top of the FORUM page?
Well, signature campaigns are good, but putting out threat of LVP Radio shutting has drawn some negative response, and therefore, I made my own way of getting the word out with my signature. Another thing that might help is a DJ reward program... something like prizes in-game? (money, a special spawn car - BIG reward, spawn point saved to the DJ account, banking upgrade - level and/or limits, etc...)