Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

An idea for the talkshow...
What about, instead of using teamspeak for the talkshow, how about using Ventrillo?
Ventrillo has much better quality, and it would be good for talkshow segments.
Las Venturas Playground doesn't have a Ventrilo server. (Or do they?) :+ Also, though, everything is already set up on the TeamSpeak server, so why switch? Some participants would have to download the Ventrilo client if they didn't have it, as well. It's just an unnecessary hassle, in my opinion.
(03-18-2009, 12:35 AM)TEF™ link Wrote: Las Venturas Playground doesn't have a Ventrilo server. (Or do they?) :+ Also, though, everything is already set up on the TeamSpeak server, so why switch? Some participants would have to download the Ventrilo client if they didn't have it, as well. It's just an unnecessary hassle, in my opinion.

Yes, I know TEF certain people dont want to switch.
However we won't switch anything, the ventrillo will be only for the talkshow.
Teamspeak quality is deemed...ugh

I've talked to some of the other hosts, and they love the idea.
Well, if the others want to do it, I really don't see why not. :P
i say go Vent
I'm alright with using Ventrilo, now we just gotta get a server set up. Who's gonna poke Peter or Badeend for it?
What is the difference in kbps? The extra kbps, might not make a difference because of most people's desktop mic quality (including mine). However, it will help when (and if) I get a professional microphone soon. Also, the hosts Internet will be VERY slow if they are sending out and recieving alot of data quickly, especialy since they will be broadcasting too.
(03-18-2009, 08:25 AM)Fist link Wrote: What is the difference in kbps? The extra kbps, might not make a difference because of most people's desktop mic quality (including mine). However, it will help when (and if) I get a professional microphone soon. Also, the hosts Internet will be VERY slow if they are sending out and recieving alot of data quickly, especialy since they will be broadcasting too.

It doesnt matter about the kbps, ventrillo just sounds better... the quality is much better.
When we use teamspeak and record, it just doesn't sound like a talkshow, and it seems to lag.
In vent, you can talk over eachother, and be in a conversation and not wait for a person to be talking.
I think we should stick with TeamSpeak, the quality isn't that bad, the server's set up already, the channel is there, everybody knows how to find it, why change?
(03-19-2009, 08:27 AM)Wesley link Wrote: I think we should stick with TeamSpeak, the quality isn't that bad, the server's set up already, the channel is there, everybody knows how to find it, why change?

agree with you wesley