Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

MySQL profiles
The MySQL profiles feature has just been committed, for which you need to know some stuff.
  • If you don't have a mysql server installed (there is no remote testing database available atm, not sure if there will be one either) or if you don't understand the workings of it yet, you can use the old file system by setting the MYSQL_PROFILES define in lvp.pwn to 0.
  • The MySQL connection will be created in OnGameModeInit.pwn, where you can change the database name, username and password
  • For the gamemode to compile, you will need a pawno include. Add a_sampmysql.inc to your pawno includes directory, provided in tags/MySQL Plugin
  • For the sa-mp server to run, you will need a plugin: sampmysql.dll for windows servers, sampmysql.so for linux servers. Both are provided in tags/MySQL Plugin, and don't forget to add it to your server.cfg plugin line.

And last but not least: The database table. Click here for an export.

So if you don't have a webserver, but you'd like to try some stuff, you could take a look at XAMPP: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/index.html. Apache, PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin etc etc in one package, easy to install.
(12-30-2008, 02:14 AM)Badeend link Wrote:
  • For the gamemode to compile, you will need a pawno include. Add a_sampmysql.inc to your pawno includes directory, provided in tags/MySQL Plugin

I added the include to the a_samp.pwn file to make things easier by the way. :)
I'm a bit late with this, but looks pretty hot. Niceone.  :9~
I changed some stuff in the database today. There is now a testing account available and you should be able to connect to the database from any host.

Host: 85.25.77.114
Username: lvp_test
Password: lvpdb68743
Database: lvp_test

Of course this data is for the developer's eyes only.
I was thinking of an idea before.

Sometimes when a crew member bans a player, later on when that player ban evades, they can log back into their account, and if a crew member has forgotton about the ban, they can get away with it and continue playing. Maybe when someone get's banned, it could also set a field to the players profile, and when the player attempts to re-login, it will automatically reban and send a message to the crew channel of a possible ban evader. It could even be used in the nameban system.

Wouldn't necessarily have to be done for 2.90 though, Maybe 2.91 or something.