Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Hey There...
Firstly, let me just say that I was planning on making this last until Christmas Day, but due to a ban I can no longer continue with this planned out secrecy.

Yeah, it was a joke; the entire thing was planned out. A few of you knew, probably because of how completely calm I was taking the so-called "demotion," or possibly how many times it was mentioned by crew members (I'm looking at you, Joe), but that's not the point here. The point is that players complain about me all the time; like I'm the only crew member they find unfit for the job. It's amazing. So, when you guys started coming forth with complaints stating the complete opposite, I was both impressed and very grateful. I truly appreciate how much you guys really wanted me "back," and this little prank actually shed some light on how certain players really felt. Sure, you could say that this was completely uncalled for, and you can most certainly toss your respect for me to the side; however, you need to know why I did this before you can make proper judgment. I did this for many reasons, but here are the three that come to mind: to celebrate a year of being apart of the crew, getting back at everyone who has ever hated me, and, probably more than anything, fun. I was not trying to be an ass during any of this, as I've actually taken the time to PM some players who were basically going to flame unless they knew otherwise. You may be wondering why I didn't do this in April. There's a simple explanation for that, actually. The first reason is because I just got another complaint, so I figured it'd fit more. (I mean, wouldn't you kinda put two and two together if it was around April?) The second reason is because I was promoted to a moderator on December 27, 2007, (December 28 for the Dutch guys) and that means I'll be apart of this crew for a full year on December 27, 2008. Stupid way to celebrate? Well, not when you're as hated as I am. The most important reason of all, however, is because I wanted to show you all how truly committed I can be. You may think that I do my job poorly, but when it comes right down to it, I'm really passionate about Las Venturas Playground and making it a better place. I'm in this crew for a reason, and regardless of what you players think, you have to realize that.

So next time you post a complaint about me, really try to see what was actually done instead of making some bias report based on complete lies. Sure, what I do is sometimes completely unorthodox, but that's why I'm going to ask you all something. If you think that I'm not doing something the way I should be, PM me about it. I'm a damned chatterbox! I'll talk all day long with you about pretty much anything; even more so when it's something you think I could improve on. If you don't believe me, just ask around. I've changed a lot since I was first promoted, and even after I came back from my "vacation" in late August of this year. I'm trying to be more low-key, and I think it's working. And sure, I've definitely made some mistakes, but that's just apart of being human. We've all made mistakes, and—guess what—we're gonna make them again. Again, if you think that I can better my moderation on absolutely anything, I urge you to send me a PM, either on IRC or on the forums (even in-game, if you want). The way that isn't appreciated is by posting a useless complaint. Settle your problems directly, not through a third-party. I'm really not that bad a guy to talk with. I will always take the time out of my day to have a conversation with someone, and you can ask pretty much anyone in the crew to confirm this. If you feel like I've done something wrong, or even if you just wanna shoot the shit, I'm here. Do you want an explanation on why you just got kicked? I'm here. You want to start an argument with me? Still here. Even if you want to just PM me a bunch of insults and vent until you feel better, I'm here. Why? Simply because I care. Even though it might not look like it at times, trust me, I care. Sometimes you may see me reply with a "#care," "/care," or "I don't care." More often than not, it's me replying to some flamer who just got kicked or muted, so don't worry about that.

Anyway, the main point I'm getting at here is that this was a joke, but a joke with a reason: I want you all to realize I'm an administrator who knows he's wrong sometimes, and I'm willing to own up to that. Don't assume I'm trying to get at you somehow. Talk with me. Why? Because I'm not some "power-hungry kid" who just is out to get you. (Very creative insult, by the way.) No, I'm someone who can own up to his own mistakes and talk it out with anyone involved, or even if they're just a curious bystander. And because of this, I want you all to feel safe talking to me. I'm not going to take what you say, spin it around, and ban you. That's ridiculous. No, what I'll do is talk with you about what you're feeling about the situation. You don't need to go running to Management to get your point across. Really. I'll respect you more, and I think you may respect me a little more as well, if we just talk it out like people. I mean, why cry to mother if mother does nothing? If you want something changed, you go to the source. I've changed many things about the way I moderate based upon long, and even short, conversations with other players. I care about the players. Without you guys, LVP wouldn't be and I wouldn't have even been promoted. Listen, I'm not here to harass anyone. I never was, and I never will be. I'm here for the sole reason of making Las Venturas Playground a better, cheat-free environment. I may do things you don't like, in fact I'm positive I'll do things you don't like, but I assure you I'm not doing them to be a bother. I do them to keep LVP well-moderated. Well, I've actually run out of things to say, so I'll just end it with this.

If you ever need to speak with me about anything, please talk with me. I'm always here, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. If I don't respond on IRC, it's most likely because I'm either in-game or I'm not connected. Either way, you should get an away message when you PM me.

I'd like to give a clearer explanation for a few of my points that I've tried to make throughout this post, as I think it may help to just have it listed for some readers. One point is that I'm always open to suggestions about my moderation techniques, so you can, at any time, just drop by a PM and I'll be there. Another, more important point is that I'm not ever trying to act arrogant to anyone. That's simply not why I'm here. I have, since the beginning of my life, always hated arrogant people. They think they're above everyone, making life a living hell. However, I want to make clear that when I'm trying to set a point across, I sometimes look like I'm acting above the person I'm conversing with. This is never the case, I assure you; I'm just trying to make my point clear. I've been working on this, though, so I think I've gotten better at it, if only a bit. The third point I've tried to make clear is simply that I always care. This third point directly involves the first one. If you really think I can improve on something, and not just a “you suck as admin,” then I would love it if you talked with me about it. You're the players who make LVP a great server, and I think that you should have a right to know what's up with a crew member's technique. Don't like it? Talk with them about it. If you really want to make a difference, and not just make the crew dislike you, take on matters directly and without third-party interference. That's all.

I thank you all for your time in reading and trust you all have gotten the message. I also want to sincerely thank estroe, Badeend, and Peter for their fantastic support during all of this. :) You guys are great!

Sincerely,

Justin D.
Total Epic Failure
Las Venturas Playground
You looked at me.  *;

Glad I don't have to lie anymore, thanks for quitting TEF.
You failed epically.
(12-20-2008, 12:53 AM)Badeend link Wrote: You failed epically.

Indeed. And I was getting tired of lying to people about it, I'm glad it's over now.
TEF is so emo.
Congrats on the year of admin! 

Join me on irc.dab-media.com #failure and we'll talk shit on TEF together. <-- for real!
Hey! Screw you guys on top that say TEF fails.

Goodjob TEF, great joke and goodluck on getting...promoted again  _O-
damn I knew it was too good to be true... :(
lolfail, anyways, way too long post imo, but it was fun :D
(12-20-2008, 01:41 AM)Fireburn link Wrote: lolfail, anyways, way too long post imo, but it was fun :D
Fireburnt is a silly bitch. :+
That was a Bigass post, just finished reading it. . . *cough* OH SO IT WAS A JOKE! *cough*