Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Special chat
A lot of people dont speak english in the mainchat. Well, they find it hard anyways, and it can be annoying if they want to Pm all the time, Or maybe, if they are new, they dont know they can join a gang n talk any language there....

So, Maybe a new rank, that allows ppl to have a special chat, Like //(Message) Would be easier :)
But, if they don't know about gangs, then they won't know about the special chat.

Also, you should speak English in all public ingame channels... so this would be kinda stupid. What's wrong with the things the way they are? They should try and speak English, or get muted.

Simple, no?

-tj
Create a gang and use gangchat !message
/call somebody (use ; to chat to normal chat
use /pm

3 ways to do it, more then enough imho.
(05-29-2007, 11:51 AM)Deaken link Wrote: Create a gang and use gangchat !message
/call somebody (use ; to chat to normal chat
use /pm

3 ways to do it, more then enough imho.

:Y
Yes, But not everybody knows this! the special chat could be advertised, With benbot announcements over irc, its harsh that people who cant speak english get muted imo!
(05-29-2007, 01:06 PM)Grove link Wrote: Yes, But not everybody knows this! the special chat could be advertised, With benbot announcements over irc, its harsh that people who cant speak english get muted imo!

Personally I think the annoucements and sometimes even personal messages are more than enough for someone to understand that they have to speak English in the mainchat.
And as Deaken stated there are alsoo enough options for someone to speak his own lanuage :)

It sounds quite 'extreme', but in the end this is the best solution for the all players imho...
(05-29-2007, 11:45 AM)tomozj link Wrote: But, if they don't know about gangs, then they won't know about the special chat.

Also, you should speak English in all public ingame channels... so this would be kinda stupid. What's wrong with the things the way they are? They should try and speak English, or get muted.

Simple, no?

-tj

%) I agree with tomozj
I created 4 days ago a /forcecall command :D, this simply forces a Phone conversation between two people, mostly if they're not speaking English :)

JUTD
(05-29-2007, 01:06 PM)Grove link Wrote: Yes, But not everybody knows this! the special chat could be advertised, With benbot announcements over irc, its harsh that people who cant speak english get muted imo!
If those people can't speak english, how can you make clear that they have to do then? Or how do you tell them how they could use 'special chat'? So there will be 100 announcements, each in an other language? :?
(05-29-2007, 11:20 AM)Grove link Wrote: A lot of people dont speak english in the mainchat. Well, they find it hard anyways, and it can be annoying if they want to Pm all the time, Or maybe, if they are new, they dont know they can join a gang n talk any language there....

So, Maybe a new rank, that allows ppl to have a special chat, Like //(Message) Would be easier :)
Nah i don't think it wil be easyer i don't  like it srry.