Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Mute Messages
(09-25-2008, 05:14 PM)estroe link Wrote: Hmm, how about making it like the PM thing whilst you're in a minigame? 'This player is currently muted, it might take a while before he/she responds'

Jay? :+

The point of muting is to give them a punishment for not following the rules, the mute. Not that others get annoyed by not getting a reply. My idea there would solve that.
But the others don't normally get annoyed. If I speak to someone who doesn't respond, I just think they are afk or something. It will just seem pointless if we tell everyone that they are muted and defeat the purpose.
(09-26-2008, 12:38 PM)Jay link Wrote: But the others don't normally get annoyed. If I speak to someone who doesn't respond, I just think they are afk or something. It will just seem pointless if we tell everyone that they are muted and defeat the purpose.

And how do we? By telling people that the other guy is muted?
Yes. Think about it. The point of being muted is so that you can't respond to people when they talk to you, but they simply won't talk to you if they know your muted.
(09-26-2008, 04:01 PM)Jay link Wrote: Yes. Think about it. The point of being muted is so that you can't respond to people when they talk to you, but they simply won't talk to you if they know your muted.

The point is punishment, not making you unable to reply to others. It's punishment for flaming or non-English or w/e.
And the way you get punished is by not being able to use the chat & reply to peopleĀ  :+
Yes, indeed, but, what's so hard on making it like the minigame stuff? :P
Oh, it's not hard at all. Just this line would do it:
Code:
if(PlayerInfo[recieverid][playerMuted]) SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_RED,"This player is currently muted & cannot reply to you.");

But it would just be pointless! The mute wouldn't have as much of an effect on the player if he knew people know that he's muted.

And, why is that? I mean, what's the difference? They know he's muted, handy to know, I miss the negative side of it..
Doh, read back a few posts!

Right. Say I have been breaking the rules, calling TEF a mother fucker (I want to make that an achivement btw, do it without getting banned) and he mutes me. Now, if I am also in the middle of a discussion with some fellow gang members, and they are say, asking me a few questions, it's going to annoy me if they don't know I'm muted and continue talking to me, and I can't reply. However, if they did know, it wouldn't bother me as much simply because they wouldn't talk to me at all knowing so, and wait for the mute to end. The point of a mute is to punish people and stop them from responding to others, but nobody will talk to the muted person, therefore he won't need to respond, making the mute pointless.