Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Not a complain per se
I'm going to share my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

(09-17-2020, 12:59 PM)Specifer Wrote: We were sniping each other. and i just stopped shooting, never got damaged, hid and paused since I had to do something. It had approx 20 second gap. And after that she ran over, waited for me come back again and shot me dead. Ok this doesn't seem more like a death evade, but rule's a rule. But i get 4 minute jail for that and Its my very first offense.
I thought I would get a warning or even a default jail of 3 minutes. But 4 minutes of jail time and This impolite talk.

You are right in that you should've at least received a warning, or the default 3 minute jail time instead of 4. Sophia and you have had differences even before she was promoted, so there might be some bias involved here, which is evident by how she waited to kill you first before handing you a 4 minute jail-time.

On the other hand, if you really wanted to pause while being engaged in a fight, for whatever reason, you should've simply made an attempt to finish the fight (aren't sniper fights relatively quick?) or conceded to Sophia by giving her the kill. What difference would it make, really?

(09-17-2020, 02:13 PM)Sophia Naz Wrote: And nearly after 17 seconds of afk you came back I killed you and I had an ironic reply "Ah hmmm" which made my doubts true that you paused intentionally.

If you felt that Specifier broke the rules, you should've verbally warned him or jailed him immediately. Let's say player A pauses their game for 10 minutes in the middle of a fight. Would you wait the entire duration until they're back, to kill them first, or would you jail/kick them instantly? We, as crew members, always do the latter. There's no valid reason to be fixated on one additional kill when a rule has already been broken and a warning/punishment is imminent.

(09-17-2020, 02:13 PM)Sophia Naz Wrote: And speaking of first offense, you're playing this game for 3-4 years I guess and you know all the rules. I can't feed you with spoons myself about rules and related stuff. This is embarrassing.

Looking at Specifer's logs, this is indeed his first DM-related offense. It doesn't matter if a player has been around for 1 week or 3 years — everyone deserves to be treated equally. Based on your statements about Specifier being an old/trusted player in the community, what warranted the extra minute of jail-time or the kill prior to it? A warning should've sufficed in this case. I'm sorry, Sophia, but the choice of words here are inappropriate. As an administrator, you are expected to clearly explain the rules to players and make them aware of what's right and what's wrong.

(09-17-2020, 03:29 PM)Sophia Naz Wrote: Again you're not playing this game for the first time and you know the rules so let's NOT talk about "your first offense" or whatever.

It still doesn't change the fact that it appears to be his first DM-related offense, which makes it an important factor in deciding an appropriate warning or punishment.

I hope Xilent or Holsje arrive at a conclusion and deal with this soon.

Messages In This Thread
Not a complain per se - by Specifer - 09-17-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Sophia Naz - 09-17-2020, 02:13 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Specifer - 09-17-2020, 02:47 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Sophia Naz - 09-17-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Specifer - 09-17-2020, 03:45 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Specifer - 09-24-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Beaner - 09-29-2020, 11:25 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Holsje - 10-02-2020, 05:36 PM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Specifer - 10-03-2020, 05:59 AM
RE: Not a complain per se - by Holsje - 10-03-2020, 03:26 PM