Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[0.3.DL] LVP Update coming?
Will we be seeing an LVP 0.3.DL update or not? I personally think that the idea of custom player models and objects is going to improve the server in so many ways, it's like GTA:O it makes you update your game when you join a server and download the custom objects and player models

[Image: 2rhw5rp.png]

As I'm writing this there are 4 servers currently online in 0.3.DL and server developers have said that they're working on using this feature in their server as well and migrate their servers to 0.3.DL, so is the LVP development considering this?

[Image: 25qz02f.png]

As you can see in this graph, SA-MP players base has gone down drastically, 0.3.8 update which is an improved version of 0.3.DL will surely make the player base grow as server will be more and more different, as of right now there are only 4 server on SA-MP 0.3.DL so if LVP developers can make LVP 0.3.DL happen LVP's player list will grow for sure because there won't be any competition

Links to articles by Kalcor

Basics of exporting from blender to SA-MP

SA-MP 0.3.DL R1 Release

Kind Regards,
Arash
I don't see the point of 0.3DL on Deathmatch/Freeroam servers. It's basically made for RolePlay servers like LS:RP. LVP wouldn't improve much by updating to 0.3DL.
(09-22-2018, 10:58 PM)Sleep Wrote: I don't see the point of 0.3DL on Deathmatch/Freeroam servers. It's basically made for RolePlay servers like LS:RP. LVP wouldn't improve much by updating to 0.3DL.

Custom objects and player models will be a part of SA-MP 0.3.8 like it or not, so why not take advantage of it to improve the server
Didn't the SA-MP 0.3.8 has been cancelled due to some fluctuations?
(09-23-2018, 06:26 AM)Sofie_ Wrote: Didn't the SA-MP 0.3.8 has been cancelled due to some fluctuations?

I don’t believe it was canceled completely, 0.3.8 is gonna get released
Sure, we could update, but we would need active developers (which, right now, we do not have) to make it worthwhile, for example to create and add models (which is really what the update is focused on). There's 3 bug fixes over the 0.3.7 version (see here) but none of those will help LVP. 

We would also see a decrease in player count, as a lot more people will run the 0.3.7 client than the DL client, and they are not backward compatible, i.e. if people have 0.3.7 installed, they won't be able to join LVP, and most of those people probably play on other 0.3.7 servers as well as LVP, so they likely won't update.

So, to answer your question, there is no update planned for 0.3 DL.