Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Against [BB]DoctorG
Hello everyone, to the staff team and to the players.
This isn't an introduction section, but my complaint relates to my identity over sa-mp.
First of all I'll like to post the meaning of the word Impersonating, The misunderstood word which allowed the administrator [BB]DoctorG, to kick me around four times.

Impersonating: Pretend to be (another person) as entertainment or to deceive someone.

Well, I registered my account at LVP yesterday with the nickname 'G4NG$TER' not knowing that there was another guy already registered with the nick 'G4NG5TER' which led to me getting kicked over 4 times one after another while I was trying to explain the administrator what impersonating means. It doesn't work like this my friend.

I've been a reputed player at many of the servers, playing since 2009, have been a Moderator at another well known server, Ex member of a famous gang XRK, one of the current leaders of WmE/hL clan.Playing for years and today I face the consequences of sharing a common name with another guy who just differs my name with a '5' with mine having '$'.

Now, my question to this admin is to prove that I came here to impersonate the other guy. Get me the logs, get me the screenshots where you can prove that I took an advantage of sharing the common name. What do you do if you share a common name with someone in real life? do you go to the police to get him jailed or what? The other guy is not an administrator over here(lets say if I really knew that such a guy existed and I wanted to impersonate him).

Kicking me again and again, not listening to my points won't be a solution. The server itself is a part of the multiplayer gaming SA-MP playerbase so how can you ask me to change my name when I've been using it since years now? I can't compromise my identity and achievements in no way.

My request to the staff team is to participate as much as possible because it can happen with any one of you as well. What if one of you shared a common name at some other server while you had it for such a long period of time? I've been playing at many servers with the same nick and In no way I'm ready to compromise with it so if there's some other option, I'm good to follow up. No one would like getting kicked again and again and not being listened to what one has to say. That's not good administration in any way. The good ones are listeners.
Hello G4NG$T3R,

Once again, I do not care about other servers. The name you registered yesterday is extremely similar to G4NG5T3R's and he's a regular here - a VIP as well but that doesn't make any difference. Everyone deserves to have their identity protected. You might not know him but other players do, that's where impersonating comes in.

I'll kindly ask you again to come up with a new nickname.
Its still not impersonating when I never tried to be him. If everyone deserves to have their identity protected, then I'm one of those. I have a registered account in your server, I have a registered account on your forums. I enjoy all the features that your server offers to the registered players. Its not logical to discriminate if you think he's a regular and I'm not. Well, you prove the impersonating by posting the logs/screenshots you have where I talked to his friends/anyone being him and I'll readily change my nickname. I would rather change it everywhere I play. Until then, No.

He doesn't hold any administrative position that would mislead players or lead to the so called impersonating. The name can still be differentiated by the '$' & '5'.
You didn't get my point. While you might not pretend to be him, others can easily think you're impersonating because of the almost identical names. I don't want to allow that to happen.
G4NG$T3R,

First and foremost, thank you for joining our community! :)

You couldn't really have known beforehand that your nickname G4NG$T3R shared similarities with those of another player, G4NG5T3R - I think I speak for most people when I say this isn't the kind of thing I'd check out when registering somewhere. 

Similarly, I get where DoctorG is coming from in the sense he was attempting to protect G4NG5T3R from the potential of impersonation.

I don't think either one of you are out of line, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

To avoid confusion, I think it would be best if you choose another nickname. Even if we discard the potential of impersonation, we still have other issues that may arise - for example if a player were to say "Hey Gangster!" in game, and you were both around, this could understandably raise questions about who was being spoken to.
Hi G4NG$T3R,

I'd like to add some colour to this as well.

It's unfortunate that your nickname is very similar of that of another Las Venturas Playground player. I've observed that you're not alone in this— we've got [BB]Diablo and Diabl0, and just today there was an issue between RTFM and rtfm.

Whether or not to kick for this this is a delicate question. To focus on your situation, G4NG5TER chose a distinguished colour. In some sessions you may, by pure chance, get assigned the same colour. At that point it becomes *very* difficult to see the difference: I honestly never considered whether the nickname uses a "5" or a "$".

This creates for a situation that's prone to misunderstandings. Suppose that G4NG5TER uses a cheat. Administrators may, by mistake, miss the difference in your nickname and ban you by accident. Suppose that G4NG5TER declared war on other players. You may get people aggressively chasing you whilst being completely ignorant about the cause.

When conflict does happen as a consequence of such misunderstandings, what would we, as a community do?

To be fair, I don't know. My gut feel is to listen to both parties, but intuitively I think I'd err to the player that has been around for longer. Not fair, I agree, but we can't mediate on every issue.

Since G4NG5TER uses another nickname too, you could consider reaching out to him and asking how much he cares about the name. Perhaps we can all show a little bit of kindness and resolve this amongst ourselves :).

Thanks,
Russell
Okay, sure, there can be always some confusions while reading. I agree. But, those conflicts and confusions are still shot term (everyone can get used to the talking style, to the game play, to the friends group). I can always get unbanned if I get banned wrongfully. What would affect me on long term basis would be the name change. I already tried to explain my problem to you guys. I don't want to compromise myself. For now, the only way I can cooperate is using my gang tag. Now that's a major differentiation to the name, everyone is able and conscious and cautious enough to read the gang tag.  I hope everyone accepts that. I can contribute a lot to the community but only with my identity on the game.
think the problem is gone now
i did ask G4NG5TER if he likes a new name and he was ok whit it
so next time you see Zeus ingame thank him G4NG$T3R