Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Draco rule breaking
hey,
[Draco] has been acting like a little baby.. :?  Flaming, Racism, interior abuse, and throwing bombs at the ship
reporting wont work so i have recorded him throwing bombs at the ship (sorry but i could not record other things)
 and he have been told by many players and admins to stop this nonsense but he did not stop. In my opinion only this kid will not learn until he gets his ass banned. And i hope you do something about it. :(

Thank you for watching  ;)
[Draco] has been given a three-day ban, for this obvious annoyance (which he fully knows isn't allowed) and also his previous poor behaviour.

I do feel that we (LVP) could do a better job at protecting players on the ship, though. It shouldn't be possible for a grenade to cause players to get thrown off, for example (rare, but it can & does happen). Similarly, it shouldn't be possible for players to use a spraycan to force you off, like demonstrated from 1:35 in your video. A change was made by one of our developers recently to try and aid with this problem, but it was discarded before being moved to production - I think we need to re-visit this area of our gamemode.
About the whole shipzone: It's imo quite a mess already, although it is a rewritten part of our gamemode. My idea was to get rid of the safezone in the ramp, move the poles and make the interesting area a bit larger. I already have some interesting stuff integrated in our development-build with objects, but that's it.

The whole killtime-feature combined with the ship not being a safezone during killtime, increases the complexity of the ShipManager-code.
(04-30-2016, 09:29 AM)Xanland Wrote: About the whole shipzone: It's imo quite a mess already, although it is a rewritten part of our gamemode. My idea was to get rid of the safezone in the ramp, move the poles and make the interesting area a bit larger. I already have some interesting stuff integrated in our development-build with objects, but that's it.

The whole killtime-feature combined with the ship not being a safezone during killtime, increases the complexity of the ShipManager-code.

The ship is a primary point of recognition of Las Venturas Playground, I would like us to consider such plans carefully :)

From a code health point of view, I'm most certainly in favor of reconsidering what we do and rewriting it. Please do try to shy away from implementing new features or rewriting code in Pawn, however— JavaScript has the very strong preference now.