Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
(03-27-2011, 08:38 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: The biggest danger on religion IMO is that most of Christians when they hear that their religion is false and quit it, they immediately assume that other religions (like Islam) are the same as Christianity, so they become atheists and totally deny the existence of God as they want to disbelieve anything that the Bible says, well let me send a message to all atheists in this forum who happen to be ex-Christians, If it turned out that Christianity is false, research Islam, know more about Islam from Islamic sites, not Islamophobic sites who spread false thoughts about Islam.

For me I don't really care if other people disbelieve in God, as long as it doesn't affect us.
biggest danger? atheist keep to themselves, they dont blow themselves or other shit up for example.
u believe and follows everything that the koran says?
(03-27-2011, 08:48 PM)Fat Cobra link Wrote: biggest danger? atheist keep to themselves, they dont blow themselves or other shit up for example.
u believe and follows everything that the koran says?

Biggest danger on religion... yes.

and yea I believe everything that the Quran says, and it doesn't say blow your self up... again, stereotypes.
(03-27-2011, 06:09 PM)Gaahl link Wrote: Religion = mass control system which got his origins in dark ages (such as medieval times) to let the clergy be able to steal people's money/make them work as slaves/make them do whatever you ask them to under the threat of an avenged almighty god. This system still works quite good today

just my 2 cents

For everyone who says that Religion is created to control people and over take their properties or money or whatsoever, is not correct, Islam doesn't tolerate that, it calls for justice, no violence except in the case of war, and giving women their rights just as men.
(03-27-2011, 09:04 PM)BLoODsT3R_ link Wrote: For everyone who says that Religion is created to control people and over take their properties or money or whatsoever, is not correct, Islam doesn't tolerate that, it calls for justice, no violence except in the case of war, and giving women their rights just as men.

Ok I'm gonna leave this topic cos ^ almost made me explode.

Cya
You can't have a rational discussion about religion. You either believe, or you don't. It's that simple.
(03-27-2011, 09:15 PM)Maka link Wrote: You can't have a rational discussion about religion. You either believe, or you don't. It's that simple.

I think what Daniel meant is to discuss it, because I have talked to several players regarding religions, they all had a really different and certainly wrongfully image about Islam, anyway, if someone says something wrong about Islam I may correct that, then I wont have anything further to say :+
(03-27-2011, 09:19 PM)BLoODsT3R_ link Wrote: I think what Daniel meant is to discuss it, because I have talked to several players regarding religions, they all had a really different and certainly wrongfully image about Islam, anyway, if someone says something wrong about Islam I may correct that, then I wont have anything further to say :+

Never stated you mayn't correct others. I only stated that there's quite the potential this topic will derail just like the previous one. You have to remember that there aren't that many adults on here, hence the topic derailing.

Enjoy the discussion though for as long as it goes well.
Let's get back to the serious discussion part please and respect eachother.
(03-27-2011, 09:15 PM)Maka link Wrote: You can't have a rational discussion about religion. You either believe, or you don't. It's that simple.

That's an awkward understanding about religion.... as quoted from a funny atheist guy who used to be a Christians: When faith starts, Evidence stops.

Don't you think if there's a God who says he will punish you for disbelieving him, won't he at least provide us humans some evidences so if we disbelieve the punishment would be fair?
I am a Christian and believe in a God, yet I don't fully understand his actions. There is one thing that I am sure of though. Miracles excist. Its up to you to believe if it was caused by God or something/someone else. I think God makes miracles happen, but that is because I have no idea what else could've made it happen.

Religion's a difficult thing and I can understand people are atheists. Im fine with it if someone is an atheist, a muslim, jew or christian, but dont bother other people with it. (i.e preaching in the middle of a shopping centre). I never told a friend who doesnt believe to do so, and I think you cant force people to believe, just like that.