Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Fuel system for vehicles
I set up a test server little while ago with something like that, really sucks.
Your driving and your car is stopping, no fun:(.
Hmm i think it would be loads of fun.
1. You run around the streets kill some one get followed by another jump in a car damn not your lucky day car with no fuel.
2. Easy way to punish DB'rs, Take away their Fuel.
3. Cruise is more fun if you have to refuel.
4. Make the Gasstations Property so the price of fuel can be set by a player.> Owner of Oil Refinery can set price of The oil * with limits ofcourse * and the owner of fuel station has to buy his fuel so he can sell to customer.
(12-08-2006, 04:41 PM)Rippance link Wrote:Well that would be ideal to force some1 to refill.
Following situation:
1. Fuel empty
2. User get list of refuel stations , or nearest refuel stations
3. User gets carteleported
4a. User choses to refill. End.
4b. User does not refill.
5. Throw user out of vehicle every 10-20 seconds :D

I agree with you, this would be the best solution imho, if freezing a car is not possible, like theHolyCow mentioned earlier. It would be best to ask the player if he wants to teleport to the nearest fuelstation for a certain amount of money (depending on the distance to the closest fuelstation), where he will be put in the fuelmarker, where he can use /fuel to buy fuel.
If he doesn't want to get fuel, he should be thrown out of his car every 15 seconds for example. Also, if a player enters a car without fuel, he should also be thrown out of the car, or he has to teleport to a fuel station.
When a player is at a fuel-station (read: in the marker at a fuel station), he shouldn't be thrown out of his car, because that can be quite annoying when you have to withdraw money from a prorekening before buying fuel.

By the way, will it be possible to freeze cars properly in 0.2?

edit:
Isn't it possible to freeze a car with TogglePlayerControllable(playerid,moveable);? Just execute this command when a player enters a car, so he won't be able to move. He can, however execute commands. If he wants to leave the car: /leavecar; If he wants to teleport to a fuelstation: /fuelstation for example. If a player uses /leavecar, just throw him out of his car, and unfreeze him with said command.
When he teleports in his car-without-fuel to a fuelstation, and buys fuel so the amount of fuel is >0, he can also be unfrozen, but don't throw him out of his car :+

Is this possible?
(01-17-2007, 05:35 PM)BakuraRyou link Wrote:edit:
Isn't it possible to freeze a car with TogglePlayerControllable(playerid,moveable);? Just execute this command when a player enters a car, so he won't be able to move. He can, however execute commands. If he wants to leave the car: /leavecar; If he wants to teleport to a fuelstation: /fuelstation for example. If a player uses /leavecar, just throw him out of his car, and unfreeze him with said command.
When he teleports in his car-without-fuel to a fuelstation, and buys fuel so the amount of fuel is >0, he can also be unfrozen, but don't throw him out of his car :+

Is this possible?

Yeah, I think it is. I am currently busy with exams, when I've time I'll see if I can make something out of it.
I really like the idea of cars running out of fuel. So i have some aspects to talk about.

- The car must drive at least 3/4 of the whole SA-MAP (over the highway) before fuel is running out.
- You must go to a Fuel Station to refill your tank, do NOT place fuel markers everywhere! This makes this very un-realistic (in liters)
- Like the idea of punishing drivebyers, take away there fuel!
- What you can do in LVP 3 (0.2), is let the wheels pop so the car can't drive father. A warning really should be showed when you're running out of fuel.
- Make sure the car has enough fuel to let the players have fun.

It looks really fun with cruises, or to cruise alone. The players must just have enough fuel, and ofcourse, the fuel station has to get money for the people who have to refill! This should variey from 5000/10000, depends on how many fuel the player wants to have. When all this aspects will be used in a fuelmod, I think people will have loads of fun in it!

Greetingz, TriggeR :7 (and sorry for my bad english!  :+)
Ehm.
Hi.
Planes - More fuel

Cars - Less

think that would be realistic.. =p
I really think it totally sucks. it's the most annoying feature I've seen in SA-MP so far, and I definitly don't agree with it being implented. I want to be able to drive around on my own server without restrictions, let the RPG servers have features like this.
(01-25-2007, 07:19 AM)Peter link Wrote:I really think it totally sucks. it's the most annoying feature I've seen in SA-MP so far, and I definitly don't agree with it being implented. I want to be able to drive around on my own server without restrictions, let the RPG servers have features like this.

:Y :*)
Well that settles it. Rejected by veto.  >:)