Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Unbanned] Discord ban
Rather than making assumptions about what happened, and who did or did not complain, it would do you well to just focus on your own actions. To be clear, sentences such as the one in your example absolutely were shared, in disingenuously manipulated images, and multiple people made complaints.

As I wrote in the other appeal related to this, all communication on Las Venturas Playground is subject to our community guidelines. The messages and images you shared were unquestionably outside those realms, and directly contributed to making people feel unsafe within our community. I trust that you understand that that is not acceptable, and therefore I feel that the ban is just.

You will be allowed back on Discord tomorrow. Bantering is fine, having some fun is fine. Deliberately provoking other people you know are prone to crossing the line once they're agitated is not. Making people feel unsafe is not—the other people who were involved in those conversations have been spoken to already.

I strongly suggest that you take more direct bantering and trash talking to #cave, which has been created deliberately for that purpose, and has thus been marked as 18+. It's people's own decision whether they want to join that channel or not. However, racism, discrimination and illegitimately sharing people's private information, regardless whether it's fake or not, is prohibited there too.

To your point regarding Finisha: the purpose of our community guidelines is exactly to avoid individual judgement, and I think that worked well here. Where I think we can improve is to make sure that those who ban people from the Discord server don't have their chat restricted to just people who share a server with them. You are entitled to complain and be heard.

Messages In This Thread
Discord ban - by Orlando - 07-29-2020, 08:30 PM
RE: Discord ban - by Russell - 07-29-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: Discord ban - by Finisha - 07-29-2020, 10:32 PM
RE: Discord ban - by Sophia Naz - 07-29-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: Discord ban - by Orlando - 07-30-2020, 10:26 AM
RE: Discord ban - by Sophia Naz - 07-30-2020, 03:51 PM