Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Streamer plugin CPU fuckup @ new server [Very high priority!]
Since .dev is kinda dead right now: someone needs to pick this up ASAP because our current server will expire soon-ish.

On our new server, which has been running minecraft already for a while, but so far the SA-MP testruns are running like shit.
An empty server with LVP is taking 5% CPU usage, while a "full" running LVP gamemode at the current server isn't even using 2%.
Changing the gamemode to lvdm and the CPU usage is normal, aka 0% with an empty server. So it is something in LVP.

I think I have managed to trim the problem down as far as I can, it seems to be the streamer plugin. We are using this Streamer Plugin amirite? If so, I updated the plugin at the new server already to the latest 2.6.1, aka 0.3e version. But that didn't help.

Plus I saw the following warnings/errors in the server_log:
[12:11:40] *** Streamer Plugin: Include file version (0) does not match plugin version (0x26104) (script needs to be recompiled with the latest include file)
[12:11:40] *** Streamer_SetIntData: Invalid data specified

On the WIKI I saw something related to Streamer_TickRate which could be tested:
Note: The tick rate varies depending on the server's processing power. If items stream too slowly, lower the tick rate; if CPU usage gets too high, raise the tick rate.
I have no clue what the current tick rate is, but it is probably too low right now :)

So hopefully it is a quick and easy fix, otherwise we have a serious problem next month.

Messages In This Thread
Streamer plugin CPU fuckup @ new server [Very high priority!] - by Sander - 06-16-2012, 12:47 PM