Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[C]Interior weapons
Hi, this is a complaint I've been meaning to create.
Ok, there are 2 parts to my complaint, both pertaining to interior weapons.

My first one is very annoying. Right when you go into that yellow exit arrow walking out of ammunation (or any int.) right before you push the door open, if someone shoots you, it will affect you. I know that's a bug with GTA:SA, not a problem.

The second is allowing weapons inside period. You guys have a function so when one is shot inside it doesn't affect them, not true. I get hurt all the time indoors when lamers start nading and shooting. All I ask of you is to disable interior weapons altogether, that will fix everything. I really hope you will do this, highly appreciated.
(10-02-2009, 08:44 AM)TeEjAy link Wrote: I get hurt all the time indoors when lamers start nading and shooting.

You only get hurt if somebody throws a nade and runs out.

(10-02-2009, 08:44 AM)TeEjAy link Wrote: All I ask of you is to disable interior weapons altogether, that will fix everything. I really hope you will do this, highly appreciated.

We can't do that, minigames like the Robbery can't be played with interior weapons disabled, but I agree, something should be done.
No guns too Matt. Every weapon hurts me, and some others too.
No, it doesn't.

It's an issue as Matthias stated, we'll fix it soon. If there are any other bugs regarding interior weapon damage then we can't reproduce it or don't have enough details to be able to look it up within the source.

Please note that this isn't a bug report section however.

Matthias link Wrote: but I agree, something should be done.

Something was done. An interior weapon handler was wrote which failed.
I just hope this is resolved, I'm really sick of this. And yes, even when someone shoots me indoors, with a deagle/sawns or whatever, it affects me.
(10-03-2009, 09:45 AM)TeEjAy link Wrote: And yes, even when someone shoots me indoors, with a deagle/sawns or whatever, it affects me.
(10-02-2009, 11:08 PM)Jay link Wrote: No, it doesn't.
I actually did hear of a bug like this before, but it was kind of random.. We tried it out and person x(forgot who it was) could be hit by people but I couldn't..
There is a small issue with SA:MP and team IDs when people connect which existed prior to build 35, hence why the handler was written. But after that I returned :P and it was fixed. However the fix probably doesn't use the best of methods, maybe it could be improved so it's a little more accurate but I still couldn't see it causing people to take damage indoors. Perhaps some more information would help.
(10-03-2009, 10:30 AM)SAFC link Wrote:Hey, I saw your complaint. The reason you get effected by weapons when leaving an interior is that OnPlayerChangeInterior gets called as soon as you walk into the yellow marker.

The interior damage prevention uses teams, in samp if two are on the same team, using SetPlayerTeam they can't damage eachother.

When you walk to the yellow marker, your team is instantly changed which means you're able to take damage, it also allows naders to effect you because they hit the yellow marker causing their team to change.

A simple way to stop it is adding a one second timer on the interior change function. Using SetTimerEx for each player as they leave interiors.

It's just to delay the team change, making it impossible for lamers to damage you on your way out, and making nades ineffective also.

With lvp getting ~100 players, lag can cause the teams to unsync, especially with teleports, since the game wasn't designed to accomadate instant teleports to interiors.

The way to solve that is a regular global timer keeping the player teams in sync, if they're in an interior and not in a minigame then their team should be set to the interior team.

It's an easy thing to do to fix a big issue, since lamers obsessed with ratio nade indoors all the time.

Catch ya later

This is what SAFC Pmed me. Basically what Jay is saying about the team id's, he suggests a timer to keep team sync up-to-date.

(10-03-2009, 11:10 AM)Matthias link Wrote: [quote author=TeEjAy link=topic=22030.msg261383#msg261383 date=1254559557]
And yes, even when someone shoots me indoors, with a deagle/sawns or whatever, it affects me.
(10-02-2009, 11:08 PM)Jay link Wrote: No, it doesn't.
[/quote]

*facepalm* Yes it does, ffs. I have experienced this.
But usually it doesn't.

We can create a system where if a player is killed by another player, and the killer is in interior ID 0 (outside world) but the player who was killed is in a different interior ID, we can count it as a lame "grenade throw and run out", and jail appropriately.

Regarding the sometimes being able to be shot by regular guns, that seems like just a SetPlayerTeam issue - although I have never, ever had such a problem.