Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Football Topic
(03-06-2010, 01:08 PM)XiZ link Wrote:id say Carragher, Gerrard or Lampard. Although I'd like a defender to be a captain, an older one like Terry/Ferdinand/Carragher.

I'd have said Carragher too, as he's a good leader, good at coaching the youths too and is inspirational too. But he retired from international football a couple years ago.

Gareth Barry is said to be a good choice. And perhaps Glen Johnson could captain in a couple years.
I doubt it, Rooney will be the captain by the next euros  ;)
(03-06-2010, 08:01 PM)8Ball link Wrote:I doubt it, Rooney will be the captain by the next euros  ;)

Definitely. Gerrard and Ferdinand will be too old to captain then and may even have retired from international football by the time the Euros start.

Although the whole thing about Terry should have died down by then so maybe he'll be captain again if he doesn't retire.
(03-05-2010, 09:44 PM)Munch link Wrote:My predictions:

Saturday:

Fulham v Tottenham  (2-1) - Danny Murphy to score if he's playing.
Portsmouth (DEAD!) vs Birmingham (1-1) - It'll be a 1-1 draw then Portsmouth will win the replay. Really hope they don't face liquidation.

Sunday:

Chelsea vs Stoke (3-2) - Would like it to be the other way round though.
Reading vs Aston Villa (1-2) - Tough call. Reading are doing well, but so are Villa.

Oh and, while Munching about on Facebook I thought, wonder if any Man U fans want Fergie sacked. I searched for groups on it, and came by this:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=50...671263..1#!/group.php?v=info&ref=search&gid=50454245381

Hahaha some Man U fan he is. 24 years as manager and no major trophies, devloped no players and stuff...he's had about 35 different honours under Man U alone (including 2 Champions Leagues and 2 UEFA Cups). I don't particularly like him but there's no denying he's a great manager.

I top your Fulham v Tottenham (2-1)

With Fulham v Tottenahm (0-2)
Fulham - tott ( 0-0 ) - nice match, i knew fulham will not give up at home. They are strong as domain team. I played 1x on that match. won

still waiting barcelona .. atm its 1-1 with Almeria.
Wednesday Real Madrid - Lyon ! 8)
(03-06-2010, 08:01 PM)8Ball link Wrote:I doubt it, Rooney will be the captain by the next euros  ;)

+1
(03-06-2010, 08:17 PM)Converse link Wrote:I top your Fulham v Tottenham (2-1)

With Fulham v Tottenahm (0-2)

You would say that. Tottenham stink, mmkay?

Replay on the 24th, Spurs will get 1-0 on that game since it's at White Hart Lane.
SATURDAY NIGHT, SPANISH LEAGUE

-Almeria 2 - 2 Barcelona
Almeria(the footbal club of the city where i from :P) had wroten in his t-shirt "Fuerza Chile" and because that the match started 15 minuts later**. the match started good for Almeria, which started wining 1-0, with a goal of Cisma by a corner, later, by  a free kick, which polemic because it wasnt, messi got the 1-1. After that, Almeria got the 2-1, by an autogoal of Puyol, but in some minuts, Barcelona got the final 2-2. But i think Almeria shoulded win, because the keeper did so bad, and made bad for Almeria.
    -Best player: Diego Alves (Almeria's keeper)

-Real Madrid 3 - 2  Sevilla (What an epic match)
At the start of the match Sevilla got the 0-1 by an aoutogoal of Xabi Alonso, and Real Madrid didn't respond untill the minut 30, when Real Madrid started to have really good opportunities, but they didn't get the goal.. And in the second half, Sevilla got another goal and it was a 0-2 .. goal by Dragutinovic by a really weird free kick. Real Madrid was getting lot of oportunities, lots and lots of them.. and they didnt still get the goal untill that Cristiano Ronaldo got the goal for the 1-2. Some mins later Real Madrid got the draw with a corner in which Sergio Ramos got the goal for Real Madrid, getting the 2-2. Real Madrid needed the last goal for win, they had 34 oportunities O_O, and finally, in the minut 92... Van der Vaart got the final goal getting the finally 3-2 and getting the crazyness for all the ppl and Real Madrid players. By cause of that, Real Madrid got the 1st place on the clasification :DDDD 
      -Best player: Guti (Real Madrid player)

In conclusion, Barça """lost""" and Real Madrid won :)  :+
I'm not the slightest bit happy! I was gonna place a bet on Chelsea winning 2-0 with Terry getting the second goal. But I never did! This is the second match in a row this has happened. Except the first one was my dad missing out on the bet.

Nice game though with nice goals.

The FA Cup Semis are:

Aston Villa vs Chelsea
Fulham or Tottenham (Fulham :)) vs Portsmouth

The two games will be on April 10th after we see who plays Portsmouth.

I was supporting Portsmouth last season, and will be again this year. Portsmouth or Fulham.