Las Venturas Playground
Range Ban Complaint - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Main Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Development (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Range Ban Complaint (/thread-9814.html)

Pages: 1 2

Range Ban Complaint - Zipper - 06-26-2008

A month ago a friend of mine was complaining that he was banned from LVP for no reason, and 2h ago I went to another friend. He just bought a PC and got an Internet connection this morning. while I was at his house i downloaded SA:MP and started showing him the basics. But when I tried to log in (on a new unregistered account) and then.......                        You got banned (Ban Evading code(if forgot the code))
Then I asked my self How can a guy whose never played on LVP (even SA:MP for that matter) be banned??

The only obvious reason is my range ban!!
There are only 2 good internet providers in my country (MT ADSL and On-Net and other small providers) and if I'm right every one on MT ADSL(my provider) will be banned. about 30% of all internet connections in my country.

ps: Don't think I'm trying go get myself unbanned(I know my brother cheated and I accept that), I'm just trying to allow all people wrongfully banned to play on the server 

Re: Range Ban Complaint - Richard - 06-26-2008

What is the ingame name from your friend?

Re: Range Ban Complaint - Zipper - 06-27-2008

(06-26-2008, 03:41 PM)estroe link Wrote: What is the ingame name from your friend?
I wasn't registered and it probably was "SHOOTER" (I'm not 100% sure about the name..) 

Re: Range Ban Complaint - Zipper - 06-28-2008

(06-27-2008, 12:59 AM)Zipper link Wrote: I wasn't registered and it probably was "SHOOTER" (I'm not 100% sure about the name..) 
And after 32h .............
.........  Nothing

Re: Range Ban Complaint - [Griffin] - 06-28-2008

I personally think you are trying to get yourself unbanned.

Re: Range Ban Complaint - Zipper - 06-28-2008

Quote: link=topic=10600.msg122788#msg122788 date=1214675009]
I personally think you are trying to get yourself unbanned.
I personally think think you're not getting the point here
I don't think I should be unbanned, I think you have to change the way range banning works

Re: Range Ban Complaint - Richard - 06-29-2008

And how do you suggest it should work? Dynamic IP's are just a pain in the ass, can't do much more then range-banning.

Re: Range Ban Complaint - Lodewijk - 07-03-2008

mcPhail3d to get yourself unbanned

Re: Range Ban Complaint - Zipper - 07-03-2008

(07-03-2008, 12:01 AM)Greyfox link Wrote: mcPhail3d to get yourself unbanned
you just do not get it, do you
It's just one server I'm banned from(no big deal, I'm not a PC freak like some who play LVP and the ban means nothing to me)   
but its   ~500 people not able to play LVP
now we know LVP rank is falling and this may be one of the many reasons for it

(06-29-2008, 11:24 AM)estroe link Wrote: And how do you suggest it should work? Dynamic IP's are just a pain in the ass, can't do much more then range-banning.
You're in the Management, not me so figure it out :) 

Re: Range Ban Complaint - HaZe - 07-03-2008

nah you're definitely trying to get unbanned.