Las Venturas Playground
Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Main Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Development (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads (/thread-34960.html)

Pages: 1 2

Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - zkippi - 02-26-2019

Howdy!

So I have a few suggestions to make LVP a little more better. My thoughts are adding some new features to the existing house system.

What Im thinking is:
  • Penthouses (Maps)
  • Gatehouses (Maps)
  • Keypad-system

Let me explain further, starting with a Penthouse map that also includes the Keypad feauture. So to spice things up in LVP & to make the gameplay a little more interesting, I could map exclusive houses around Las Venturas as LVP's gamemode is mainly based in Las Venturas (Maps around other cities in SA could also be done if wanted). Along with a mapped house comes also the Keypad-system/feature.

What does the Keypad-feature do?
Well simply said, it allows gates/fences to be either opened and/or closened for Gatehouses. It allows elevators to go up and down for Penthouses. This makes it possible to lets say reach your Penthouse without having to /dive.

How does it works?
So lets take the Penthouse as an example. Along with every penthouse map comes also an elevator that will make it possible for you to either 1) Go up with your lift to reach your house or 2) Go down with the elevator to reach the street.

Every penthouse map will have three keypads in total. The keypad object ([Image: 2lcxjjn.png]) will be placed:
1) Down on the street - if you're down at the street and the elevator is up by your house. You press the keypad and the elevator will come down.
2) In the elevator - Once you reach the elevator, you press it once again to either go down/up.
3) Up near the house - If you're at your house and the elevator is down at the street, you press the keypad to bring it up.

Your character will make an animation (pressing the pincode in the keypad). Then the elevator will either come down/up to get you. Once you have ''called'' the elevator to your place. You get into it and press the keypad thats placed inside of the elevator and it will take you either up/down.

Hard to understand? Perhaps this video explains it better:

Does every player has access to the keypads?
No. The best would be if the keypads are linked to a specific House ID. Lets say the three keypads belongs to House ID 172. We need to get those Keypads linked to whoever owns House ID 172, and only that player that owns the house will have authorization to use the keypads. If any other player that doesnt own House 172 tries to bring the elevator down/up using the keypad, nothing will happen.

What is a gatehouse?
A gatehouse is pretty similar to a penthouse. Unlike a penthouse, a gatehouse is not located at a rooftop. Instead its an exclusive mapped house thats on the ground. Sometimes even located above water/ocean to really give it the ''exclusive'' feeling. And instead of 3 keypads, a gatehouse will have 2 keypads. This, to be able to open/close the gate of your house.
Keypad 1) Inside the area of your house to make a fence/gate go down into the ground, allowing you to go out.
Keypad 2) Outside of the gate, which allows you to enter the area of your house.

The Keypad-feature could for instance be applied to this map.One of my previous works, a gatehouse:

Which players will be able to buy these houses?
When this project was in its early stages, I discussed it with Joe & BigPenis saying: ''I could map exclusive and unique houses for VIP players to buy. Like you donate 5€ => You get your new freshly mapped gate/penthouse mapped by me or anyone else with good knowledge in mapping.

Joe however was not very fond of this idea. Instead he gave an suggestion saying these maps could be based on the players activity if I remember it correctly. Further of this idea he did not explain. So im expanding his idea myself: What if these houses have a requirement of having like 500-1000 hours of ingame time to be able to buy them? Unlike a regular house that only costs money, a mapped exclusive house would require both money and atleast an x amount of hours ingame in order to be able to be bought. Got less hours than the house requires? You wont be able to buy it.

Well that was basically it. Im ready for discussions, critique towards anything, improvements and new suggestions to this idea etc. Just leave a comment below!

- zkippi

RE: Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - Specifer - 02-26-2019

Great work zkippi  I hope that you would keep doing these awesome things. +what about tree house  I will be mapping some time later here onwards ! ?

RE: Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - Bojan - 02-26-2019

Good job,zkippi :D

RE: Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - zkippi - 02-26-2019

(02-26-2019, 05:37 PM)Dr.Specifer Wrote: Great work zkippi  I hope that you would keep doing these awesome things. +what about tree house  I will be mapping some time later here onwards ! ?

(02-26-2019, 08:13 PM)Bojan Wrote: Good job,zkippi :D

Thank you for appreciating my work :)

RE: Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - Freakins - 02-27-2019

Good Idea mate :D

RE: Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - PigBenis - 03-01-2019

This is such a nice idea and it disappoints me to see that it hasnt gained a lot of response

RE: Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - zkippi - 03-02-2019

(03-01-2019, 11:09 PM)PigBenis Wrote: This is such a nice idea and it disappoints me to see that it hasnt gained a lot of response

Thanks for the the support. Hope any developer sees it anytime soon because yeah its a little dissapointing D:

RE: Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - Jibin - 03-02-2019

Interesting idea and nice presentation.

RE: Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - zkippi - 03-03-2019

(03-02-2019, 03:08 PM)Jibin Wrote: Interesting idea and nice presentation.

Thank you Jibin  :)

UPDATE:
I have made another penthouse:

Not entirely finished, but it gives you a preview on how it'll look.

RE: Pent- & Gatehouses + Keypads - Humza - 03-03-2019

Wonderful idea mane, I really liked your idea but I hope this gets implemented as I see none of developers are really giving any response to this...

Good work!