Las Venturas Playground
Reaction tests! - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Main Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Reaction tests! (/thread-33420.html)

Pages: 1 2

Reaction tests! - Russell - 09-17-2016

As of this morning, more than 600,000 reaction tests have been answered by you all! That's absolutely incredible!

We have two kinds of reaction tests: repeat the characters, and solve a calculation. We'd love to know your opinions about the reaction tests— are they too easy, or too hard? Should we add other kinds of reaction tests?

The first one to reply wins.... ;)

RE: Reaction tests! - Holsje - 09-17-2016

Reaction tests are fine

ps. won

RE: Reaction tests! - Russell - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 07:08 PM)Holsje Wrote: Reaction tests are fine

Fine is not enough, we want them to be great!

RE: Reaction tests! - Huracan - 09-17-2016

Allow us guys to request custom reaction tests, as long as they're appropriate.  
E.g. a thread where we request and a mangement member approves and adds it to the script, limit of 1 reaction test per player, maybe 2/3 for VIPs

RE: Reaction tests! - Mourad - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 07:26 PM)Huracan Wrote: Allow us guys to request custom reaction tests, as long as they're appropriate.  
E.g. a thread where we request and a mangement member approves and adds it to the script, limit of 1 reaction test per player, maybe 2/3 for VIPs

Not a big fan, other servers have the same feature.

Shem, any other ideas to make the reaction tests better? This is all I could think of x(

RE: Reaction tests! - Russell - 09-17-2016

Huracan, can you give an example about how that would work? I'm curious, because I've never heard of it before.

The fact that other servers have a similar feature is absolutely no reason to not do it on Las Venturas Playground, of course.

Example, I ask Russell to add a reaction test which requires players to type 'insert custom message here' in this case: 'Huracan rules', the first one to type this would win the default prize for a reaction test, easy :p

RE: Reaction tests! - TEF - 09-18-2016

Time for a reaction test–whore to comment! :+

(09-17-2016, 07:06 PM)Russell Wrote: As of this morning, more than 600,000 reaction tests have been answered by you all! That's absolutely incredible!

We have two kinds of reaction tests: repeat the characters, and solve a calculation. We'd love to know your opinions about the reaction tests— are they too easy, or too hard? Should we add other kinds of reaction tests?

The first one to reply wins.... ;)
To address the concern of test difficulty, I would have to say that variance is what matters most here—and that is quite large, which is wonderful! Perhaps, to switch things up with the current two versions of tests, we could add some division into the math and longer character strains into repeat the characters (I feel a range would be suitable here, like 8 to 12 characters). As far as a new idea goes, perhaps a "jumble" of sorts wherein you have to find the hidden word? (Think Scrabble here!) Or, perchance, random trivia? (Trivia could be its own thing, honestly, but a random question here and there would be fun to throw into the mix!) There are endless possibilities for this little chat game we have here!

(09-17-2016, 11:20 PM)Huracan Wrote: Example, I ask Russell to add a reaction test which requires players to type 'insert custom message here' in this case: 'Huracan rules', the first one to type this would win the default prize for a reaction test, easy :p
I think I agree here, insofar as "type this phrase" is concerned. I feel as though a few dozen or so (humorous) messages within an allotted character limit (maybe six to ten words maximum?) would definitely spice the reaction tests up a fair bit! I completely agree that a suggestion and discussion thread would be wonderfully fun for these phrases (and even trivia)!

Ultimately, whatever we do to make this little chat game even more fun, I feel as though the truly sporadic, random nature of what is to come—catching the players off-guard, in the midst of whatever they were doing—makes the reaction test exactly what it is: a reaction test. If they were at all predetermined, it would definitely ruin the fun of it (which is why I honestly dislike the /reactiontest command—it takes away the unknown).

RE: Reaction tests! - Batata45 - 09-18-2016

Combined with Huracan's idea, we could add a goal.
How ? For example, when you a player gets XXX amount of wins, he wins something (i dont really know what, but Im sure someone has a good idea )