Las Venturas Playground
Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB (/thread-32397.html)

Pages: 1 2

Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - George - 08-11-2015

UPDATE: The best fix I've come across for this issue can be found here

On the release day of Windows 10, 2-3 weeks ago, I was rushing to upgrade, like many other people. However, each time during the installation process, the progress halted at 32% and didn't move (despite many attempts, and leaving it for hours). Tried many options such as disabling security software, removing accessories (USB, monitors, etc) per the advise on various forums and none of it helped. Yesterday, I remembered the sfc /scannow tool which is built-in with MS systems, and helps to verify the health and integrity of the installed OS (in my case, Win 8.1). To cut a long story short, after spending most of yesterday fixing various errors that it reported (had to uninstall a bunch of updates), the sfc scan reported no errors!

Today, I managed to get Win 10 running and am using it at this very moment.

My gameplay of SA:MP is much smoother now (and colours have changed slightly too).

All good? Sadly, no.

As I typically do many times a day, I tried to ALT+TAB out of the game for a few moments and was presented with a blank black screen upon doing so. I've tried all the normal things (re-installing gta:sa/samp, deleting user files, updating and rolling back graphics drivers, installing windows updates, running as admin, compatibility modes, etc). Nothing worked. Apparently I'm not alone: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?p=3543628

The only option I've found (very far from ideal) is to ALT+ENTER, hit the windows key, and then select an application from my taskbar. This essentially does the same as ALT+TAB, though with extra steps/hassle.

I figured I'd post this here for others who may be experiencing problems.

Re: Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - inno - 08-12-2015

I was thinking to update my windows to 10 but does it have bugs and shit? Is it good for gaming?

Re: Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - George - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 09:53 AM)inno link Wrote: I was thinking to update my windows to 10 but does it have bugs and shit? Is it good for gaming?

It does appear to have a few problems. For example, when first switching on my PC, my internet connection is established (WiFi) though the connection is not valid (and no applications reliant on network connectivity work properly). To fix it, I have to disconnect, and re-connect. This isn't an issue with my router or any of my hardware, it worked just fine with Windows 8.1. The SA:MP application (and various other applications) become unresponsive at times. I don't think I ever had this issue with 8.1. I ran a Windows update (which, for the record, has moved. No longer in Control Panel) after installing Windows 10 and the only available updates were for Windows Defender, as well as two security updates so it doesn't look like many patches have been released since 10 was released to the gold tier. Hopefully within the next month or two these things will be fixed.

Gaming experience (albeit very limited, just SA:MP) has been very good, just hope to see the ALT-TAB issue fixed and then it will be perfect.

Re: Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - inno - 08-12-2015

Lol man that wifi bug happens with me in windows 8.1 xD

Re: Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - Rooney - 08-26-2015

One of LW's players has already complained about Win 10 bugging his SA:MP after he decides to put the screen down( ALT + TAB ). Basically after he gets back to the game, it shows nothing but a black screen without a single thing. Not entirely sure what may be causing the problem. He said that it can be very annoying at times, especially when he pauses the game for a sec or 2 just to do some personal stuff...

Sorry for the bump btw!

Re: Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - Holsje - 08-27-2015

Quote:Runi[SWEG] link=topic=33752.msg464618#msg464618 date=1440622882]
One of LW's players has already complained about Win 10 bugging his SA:MP after he decides to put the screen down( ALT + TAB ). Basically after he gets back to the game, it shows nothing but a black screen without a single thing. Not entirely sure what may be causing the problem. He said that it can be very annoying at times, especially when he pauses the game for a sec or 2 just to do some personal stuff...

Sorry for the bump btw!

Myself when I'm watching a movie, have a lot of tabs open(Not sure if it effects as I always got a lot open), and playing SAMP when I alt tab I get the black screen, as soon as I alt tab back in the black screen is gone. (The black screen is on the monitor I play samp on)

However playing on windowed mode fixes this for me (Use alt+enter to enable windowed mode) Too bad it's not borderless

So basically, just alt+enter as Granny said :D

Re: Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - Rooney - 08-28-2015

(08-27-2015, 08:28 PM)Holsje link Wrote: Myself when I'm watching a movie, have a lot of tabs open(Not sure if it effects as I always got a lot open), and playing SAMP when I alt tab I get the black screen, as soon as I alt tab back in the black screen is gone. (The black screen is on the monitor I play samp on)

However playing on windowed mode fixes this for me (Use alt+enter to enable windowed mode) Too bad it's not borderless

So basically, just alt+enter as Granny said :D

Oh, i understand. But it really must suck to do that everytime you wanna check something on the internet... xd Glad that there's no such on Win 7. Tho there is a thing however that keeps on happening. Once when i ALT TAB the game for a longer period of time, my game gets all upside down and the screen looks very messy. Don't know if that has ever happened to you guys before.

Re: Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - Holsje - 08-28-2015

Quote:Runi[SWEG] link=topic=33752.msg464670#msg464670 date=1440751789]
Oh, i understand. But it really must suck to do that everytime you wanna check something on the internet... xd Glad that there's no such on Win 7. Tho there is a thing however that keeps on happening. Once when i ALT TAB the game for a longer period of time, my game gets all upside down and the screen looks very messy. Don't know if that has ever happened to you guys before.

I can't remember that happening, however what I usually do if some random glitches happen is, ALT+Enter 2 times. (Make it (un)windowed and then set it back to (un)windowed, depending on how you played)

Re: Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - George - 09-27-2015

I found a fix for this issue (or at least, it did the job perfectly for me). I can now ALT-TAB as normal!

If you're having this problem:

- Download d3d9.dll: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34970/?
- Copy d3d9.dll into the directory where your GTA:SA installation is. In my case: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas

And voilĂ !

Naturally I cannot guarantee that this will fix the issue for you, though after reading around on the SA:MP forums this is what I've seen mentioned a couple times.

Re: Windows 10, SA:MP and ALT-TAB - cake - 09-27-2015

Clean installed Win10 a week ago, still need to install SA:MP :X