Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 06-03-2011

Styla you have no clue what proof is.

Outside the universe is a rhino, now prove me wrong.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 06-03-2011

why not? but either way, is there any archeological finds approving rhino being outside the universe? are there like milions of supporters supporting ur theory? and if yes, are they sure about it, do they live their life for that? did famous historical people write about it , like perhaps a ceaser? does anyone of approved and famous scientists APPROVES ur faith in rhino outside the universe or SUPPORT u on it?

seems like not, ure the only one here, cya now go tell us another story.

and about proof.. we could discuss about it forever, ure not quite smart to understan that .. i can also say that there is no proof that Atheism is accurate and correct which is right, so debate can go on for ages , even if u have a stubborn guy with alot of imagination like u.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SAE]Grim - 06-04-2011

(06-03-2011, 11:44 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: why not? but either way, is there any archeological finds approving rhino being outside the universe? are there like milions of supporters supporting ur theory? and if yes, are they sure about it, do they live their life for that? did famous historical people write about it , like perhaps a ceaser? does anyone of approved and famous scientists APPROVES ur faith in rhino outside the universe or SUPPORT u on it?

and about proof.. we could discuss about it forever, ure not quite smart to understan that .. i can also say that there is no proof that Atheism is accurate and correct which is right, so debate can go on for ages , even if u have a stubborn guy with alot of imagination like u.

But in the end you're wrong. Too bad we wont live till the day that's proved

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 06-04-2011

You can't disprove the existence of God just as you can't disprove the existence of a flying spaghetti monster. The one main argument that swayed me from my religion years ago was when I noticed how silly I thought the Mormon story was, until somebody asked how Christianity was any different. Sure the story's made up a hell of a lot better, and I think it's good to raise people on Christian beliefs and morals from an early age whether or not they believe in a deity, but it's the same ballpark.
This thread did have some interesting conversations throughout the middle when it wasn't debating the existence of god, rather the different morals of different religions- and seeing as debating the existence of god can't progress any further as an argument (note, the last few pages have been the same crap), I think we should change the topic back to what it was- not pitting one religion against the other, but just comparing morals and such.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 06-04-2011

(06-03-2011, 11:44 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: why not? but either way, is there any archeological finds approving rhino being outside the universe? are there like milions of supporters supporting ur theory? and if yes, are they sure about it, do they live their life for that? did famous historical people write about it , like perhaps a ceaser? does anyone of approved and famous scientists APPROVES ur faith in rhino outside the universe or SUPPORT u on it?

You didn't give me any proof yet. You just say, people 2000 years ago believe in it so it has to be true. People were uneducated back then, just in the same way you can explain santa to children.

I say it's a cool fantasy story, but only fools believe in it.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - LIke - 06-04-2011

(06-04-2011, 09:04 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: You didn't give me any proof yet. You just say, people 2000 years ago believe in it so it has to be true. People were uneducated back then, just in the same way you can explain santa to children.

I say it's a cool fantasy story, but only fools believe in it.
give me proof "god" does not exist. Oh and how the universe was created? Big Bang isnt the beggining

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 06-04-2011

(06-04-2011, 08:26 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: You can't disprove the existence of God just as you can't disprove the existence of a flying spaghetti monster. The one main argument that swayed me from my religion years ago was when I noticed how silly I thought the Mormon story was, until somebody asked how Christianity was any different. Sure the story's made up a hell of a lot better, and I think it's good to raise people on Christian beliefs and morals from an early age whether or not they believe in a deity, but it's the same ballpark.
This thread did have some interesting conversations throughout the middle when it wasn't debating the existence of god, rather the different morals of different religions- and seeing as debating the existence of god can't progress any further as an argument (note, the last few pages have been the same crap), I think we should change the topic back to what it was- not pitting one religion against the other, but just comparing morals and such.

Agreed. I was planning on making a separate post but quoting yours will do just fine.

(06-04-2011, 09:17 AM)LIke link Wrote: give me proof "god" does not exist. Oh and how the universe was created? Big Bang isnt the beggining

See that argument is valid for any story, thats simply why i came up with that rhino story. You cant disprove things that do not exist nor can you prove it.

Believing in something without any remote proof make the believer a very naive person. But hey that might be inherent to the word belief.

Since there are no people who sacrifice their life to the big bang, people that alter their lifestyle because of the big bang, believing in the big bang is okay.

People believing in god become subjected to the belief, while it is still an idea, this idea determinates their life. Letting an idea taking control of your life might be good for clueless people, it isn't for me.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 06-04-2011

(06-04-2011, 09:04 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: I say it's a cool fantasy story, but only fools believe in it.

Fools also believe that eating greasy food gives you more pimples, that steroids make your penis smaller, that shaving more often makes your beard grow faster.
There's a lot of silly things that people believe but I wouldn't say that makes everybody foolish for believing in them, otherwise the world's full of fools thus rendering the word 'foolish' negligible.

(06-04-2011, 10:05 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: Fools also believe that eating greasy food gives you more pimples, that steroids make your penis smaller, that shaving more often makes your beard grow faster.
There's a lot of silly things that people believe but I wouldn't say that makes everybody foolish for believing in them, otherwise the world's full of fools thus rendering the word 'foolish' negligible.

Life determining belief is foolish.