Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - striker - 03-29-2011

I believe in God,
There was a friend of my mom that couldn't walk for years she had an accident,this girl go to church with my mom every weekend,in of those days I went to church becaus my mom friend ask me if I mind go to church with them I say ok I will go,she was praying praying sitting next to me then she start singing
I don't know how but while she singing she stand on her feet and start walking, my mom shoked for a few min there till today my mom friend still walking with no problems.I did read the bibble if you did something bad it will come one day back for you ,if you do something good it will come back one day for you!

And I can say that happend to me^.
for me it's like this you believe in God great,pray to him adore him!

But I do say I don't believe in religions sorry if I hurt someone feelings about it but I dont believe in religions.
In my country at some of the church you can pay if you want to if you have money to pay the money you pay will be in a save place and will buy alot of things in order to help the poor people buy food and alot of other things i'm cool with that,but there is these church that ask to much $$ .

one last thing I believe in GOOD and BAD,God coulnd't put only good without bad
it just wound't be straight,if God put only good then today there wound't be
any police officers around to solve crime etc you feel me?

1thing about church that I don't like is that why do we need gold stuff,colour windows? God don't need those things to talk to us,so why buy gold stuff to put in church ,there is alot of poor people walkign around use the damn money to help them you feel me!

I respect other people religion and stuff but there is only ONE God!!
some people say they don't believe in God ,but they didn't even read the bibble.
But they do talk about we came from monkeys!!

Don't jump on me if I disrespect someone here,but it's just my opinion.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Silent_Bob - 03-30-2011

Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg380666#msg380666 date=1301431209]
Can I ask about hell?)
So let's say there are mainly 2 different ways of describing hell, what hitman said of nonbelievers already living in hell and hell as a place in afterlife.
Now lets take the Hell in afterlife into account, does the bible or Quran say anything about things like The seven deadly sins, or The nine circles of hell?

"People who sinned but prayed for forgiveness before their deaths are found not in Hell but in Purgatory, where they labour to be free of their sins. Those in Hell are people who tried to justify their sins and are unrepentant." Is Purgatory in the bible?

Or doesnt the bible say anything about this at all, and if not, where does it come from?
Not to mention God sent Lucifer to Hell himself when he disobeyed, and I'm sure thats in the bible? no?
I dont really know what the bible want to tell u tbh. Is it all about how to be a good religious man or does it talk about things like angels, lucifer and other beings we hear alot about?

I may be wrong Grim but I think Purgatory is only a Catholic thing but I could be wrong. It seems to me that the Catholics are the ones who seem to really stress the whole hell thing or from what I've experienced. They are also the only ones who seem to believe that if you confess your sins to a priest that you will be cleansed of those sins which honestly I think is a bit far fetched.

As for what Hitman said if that is true then Hell doesn't seem to be a very bad place (at least not as bad as some people have made it out to be).

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 03-30-2011

(03-29-2011, 05:35 PM)Rien link Wrote: show me :D

(03-29-2011, 05:52 PM)Maka link Wrote: I'd also like to know what kind of evidence that is.

ok, but don't start acting childish because of it.

Check out these verses: [30:2] The Romans have been defeated[30:3]In the lowest of the earth, and they, after their defeat will be victorious.

How could Mohammad know that the lowest land on earth is the dead sea area... the place where the romans have been defeated?

further information can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith_of_the_prediction_in_Sura_al-Rum

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SAE]Grim - 03-30-2011

(03-30-2011, 03:29 AM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: How could Mohammad know that the lowest land on earth is the dead sea area... the place where the romans have been defeated?

Nowhere did he say that the lowest land on earth is the dead sea area.

"It shatters the whole argument of the Muslims by informing us of certain varied readings in these verses of Suratu'r Rum. He tells us that some read (Arabic text appears here) instead of the usual (Arabic text appears here) and (Arabic text appears here) instead of (Arabic text appears here). The rendering will then be: 'The Byzantines have conquered in the nearest part of the land, and they shall be defeated in a small number of years'. If this be the correct reading, the whole story about Abu Bakr's bet with Ubai must be a fable"

Depends on how you "read" these verses. Specially about how many years it actually was.

"The explanation which Al Baizawi gives is, that the Byzantines became conquerors of 'the well-watered land of Syria' (Arabic text appears here) and that the passage predicted that the Muslims would soon overcome them. If this is the meaning, the Tradition which records the 'descent' of the verses about six years before the Hijrah must be wrong and the passage must belong to A.H. 6 at earliest."
"It is clear that, as the vowel points were not used when the Qur-an was first written down in Cufic letters, no one can be certain which of the two readings is right. "

"We have seen that there is so much uncertainty about (1) the date at which the verses were 'sent down', (2) the correct reading, and (3) the meaning, that it is quite impossible to show that the passage contains a prophecy which was fulfilled. Hence, it cannot be considered to be a proof of Muhammad's prophetic office."

So it's no real proof, just the way people read or translate the verses. This is done often, to translate a meaning into another so it fits with the story u want to tell.
Plus, people predict things all the time, and just because it happens doesnt mean God told you it first.

(03-30-2011, 09:15 AM)HoldeN link Wrote: i'll say it again, religion was made to argue over, well no, but thats what idiots turned it into.

"We really should be beyond religion now as a civilization. Religion was necessary 2000 years ago when nobody knew what the fuck was going on, and there were huge gaping holes that needed to be answered. "God" was the answer to anything we didn't know.

Now folks try and twist and turn everything we've learned over the past 2000 years to fit their religious ideas. It's kinda like a cosmic game of Twister, lol.

I just read an article in someone's blog about how the countries with the highest number of atheists and agnostics are the most advanced in many different ways. "

Pretty much  8)
I wonder how many centuries it will take before religion isnt a part of normal sivilisation anymore. I'd imagine in year 3000 or so religion as we know it is gone because of the rate science is evolving, its not unrealistic to say that religion will fade away.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 03-30-2011

That's not proof.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 03-30-2011

Today I had Divinity class in school. I asked my teacher if the hell exists according to Christians and she said that it definitely does.

It does, priests just dont like to talk about it
We all know God banished lucifer from heaven when he opposed god and he then fell to hell. There's no paradise without a hell, and god created hell for a reason.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Anna_ - 03-30-2011

Islam is convincing me, actually I have read many books about religions and I think Islam is the was the only which prove every single thing it says in it, couldn't believe somethings from it, but I think its real fun topic D: also im not muslim and never will be, don't ask why :Olol (dont mean to racist)..

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 03-30-2011

(03-30-2011, 12:52 PM)durrrr link Wrote: Today I had Divinity class in school. I asked my teacher if the hell exists according to Christians and she said that it definitely does.

I'm glad your divinity teacher spoke on behalf of millions of people.
You're picking what you want to believe and ignoring people that state otherwise.

(03-29-2011, 07:46 PM)durrrr link Wrote: I used to go to Church too and yes, they don't really speak about hell. They can't speak about whole Bible in 1.5 hours. Ask a priest if hell exists or no in Christianity.
45 minutes here, and that's why they take a year to tell the stories and rotate psalms every year. I didn't say "I never once heard about hell in a 45 minute church session," I said in the ten years of attending church (that being roughly 50 times a year, so roughly 500 times, give or take) I never heard any preaching of it. I never heard any hate against homosexuals, or damning non-believers to hell, it was more about "be nice and you'll be rewarded in the afterlife" and all that.