Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SAE]Grim - 05-20-2011

(05-20-2011, 04:11 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: oh, so im clearly making long posts with accurate facts to defend something i do not know anything about, c00l  ;)

I clearly didnt say that at all, obviously x2
You obviously know alot about the bible, but seems like you dont know who made it, obviously.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 05-20-2011

There are hundreds of people who wrote the bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_of_the_Bible

Styla, you have obviously no idea what a fact is.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 05-20-2011

Bible is word of God, therefore the quotes are not wrong and as long as there are historical proves (dead scrolls, archeological founds etc.) about alot of Bible Events then you cannot deny ALOT of "stories" in there, specialy not Jesus's one, thats why they're not wrong. and obviously u cant prove them wrong, gg.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SAE]Grim - 05-20-2011

So obviously obvious, dont u think ?

Anyway how can u not deny stories in the bible?
I mean sure if u think the bible is word of God then yea every event in the bible is true but most ppl know it's written by man anyway.
Just because it's in the bible it doesnt mean under any circumstances that it is correct.

(05-20-2011, 05:32 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: and obviously u cant prove them wrong, gg.

Styla can you prove the events in "Allice in Wonderland" wrong? Thought not, wonder why.

So god took a pen and wrote it down instead of other people?

Why is it called book of John, Marcus etc...?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - MidNight - 05-20-2011

those who denie are just too dumb to understand

Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg388192#msg388192 date=1305909945]
So obviously obvious, dont u think ?

Anyway how can u not deny stories in the bible?
I mean sure if u think the bible is word of God then yea every event in the bible is true but most ppl know it's written by man anyway.
Just because it's in the bible it doesnt mean under any circumstances that it is correct.

Styla can you prove the events in "Allice in Wonderland" wrong? Thought not, wonder why.

Alice in Wonderland has historical backup for sure, like these:

The Dead Sea Scrolls
The Dead Sea Scrolls prove the Bible part 1 of 5
Dead Sea Scrolls: Confirming Today's Scripture
There's lots of evidence for Jesus! (there's no doubt Jesus existed today, sceptits are just wondering whether he had "the powers"

written by man, still doesnt change the fact that it was word of God, events influenced by God

(05-19-2011, 06:34 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: art is different than Religion and if u know anything about philosophy there are people who claims God is like a human(nature) or the one that claims that God doesnt look like a human, is Omniscent. second one in Christianity is correct

Just rephrasing

The bible is the word of god you say,

so what part of Genesis 1:27 (God created man to his own image) is wrong? Because it's contradictory to your quote (above).

Also, the above sources are completely biased.

CBN.com Christian Broadcast Network

and that last dude served as a pastor.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 05-20-2011

(05-20-2011, 05:52 PM)MidNight link Wrote: those who denie are just too dumb to understand

If you mean believing in a religion, then you're not quite correct...  :roll:

(05-20-2011, 06:16 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: Just rephrasing

The bible is the word of god you say,

so what part of Genesis 1:27 (God created man to his own image) is wrong? Because it's contradictory to your quote (above).

Also, the above sources are completely biased.

CBN.com Christian Broadcast Network

and that last dude served as a pastor.

i never SAID its wrong(why would i say that? makes no sense), i just explained what it REALLY means, the interpetation.. you just took it literarly, but i never said its WRONG.. and if u will ask that dumb question again(how do u know its true) then John 4, is the answer.. and if u say thats good old "cuz Bible says so" excuse, then ure the one that stated the quote from Bible. but obviously i also gave you more historical facts that provided that Bible is not just a fairytale.

(05-19-2011, 09:35 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: "The words "image" and "likeness" used in Genesis 1:26-27 express the idea of the whole man being created in this way. In some sense, both a man's material and immaterial aspects are included in this assessment. Now, we know that strictly speaking man's physical body is not patterned after the physical appearance of God. We are taught in John 4 that God is Spirit and does not reside in a physical body. However, this does not preclude the physical body being some part of the image of God. We exist currently as body and soul together. It is meaningless to talk of us a just a soul or just a body when we are alive on earth. Both are intricately intertwined to make you the person you are.

Your question has the implication that those people who have mental or physical deficiencies are somehow not created in the image of God. I find that this is not true. Because some of the aspects we associate with God's image may not be operating properly, it doesn't mean the person is devoid of God's image. Rather, it shows that the image is somehow skewed or distorted. I liken this to an analogy of a car being made in a certain likeness (such as the body style of a corvette). When it is wrecked, the damage does not nullify the idea of being formed in that likeness, but shows the image as defective and in need of repair. Every person who is aware, no matter how slight his mental faculties, lives by some ethic, some moral code, and some decision-making processes. This re-emphasizes importance of our Redeemer's work in the lives of men, for only He can create a heart in man that is not distorted and seeks His will.

Read more: http://www.comereason.org/theo_issues/theo080.asp#ixzz1JugpPzV6
"

anyways : http://www.comereason.org/theo_issues/theo080.asp , same question as u've delivered

Bible is full of metaphores and sometimes some people just judge too fast, because maybe it has OTHER meaning, not the one in his head. ;)))

church is institution, religion is cultural system that creates powerful and long-lasting meaning by establishing symbols that relate humanity to beliefs and values

gg