Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - YiXXeY - 05-11-2011

simple question

"what's god?" i want your own definition not a book one

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 05-11-2011

(05-10-2011, 09:06 PM)Hitman link Wrote: So uhm, (im not familiar at all with the Quoran) is this test based on "tests" and certain "achievements" (if you want to call it like that) that are written in the quoran that a person must fulfill in order to pass this test, or is this a wider meaning open for interpretation, as in if a person sets a goal for himself and achieves his goals, can that be called a person that passed the test of life, e.g. in trying and achieveing his goals instead of giving up, for example

God created us to worship him, we worship him by doing good deeds, and he tells us what are the accepted good deeds.

(05-10-2011, 10:40 PM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: you say he is testing us? well what if the test is is to not believe in him and those who don't will go to heaven and those who do will go to hell? what if the whole reason he created us(for those who believe in that) is to see if we are all smart enough to follow common sense and logic instead of stupidity and irrational beliefs?

Then it wouldn't be fair to make people who believe in these "stupid and irrational" beliefs.
that's why God have sent humans messages and messengers, the last message from God is the Quran.

(05-11-2011, 01:08 AM)YiXXeY link Wrote: simple question

"what's god?" i want your own definition not a book one

God is the one who created the whole universe, my definition and Quranic definition

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 05-11-2011

According to your religion, the Quran is your last message from God. It's not the same in other religions though. This again marks the point that no religion is wrong, but no religion is right either, whereas science is, if proven.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 05-11-2011

Teachers are part of educating system. Before they hand out the sheets of paper with tests, they don't know how will students score. God should know everything and he shouldn't waste anytime testing us.

(05-11-2011, 01:26 PM)Maka link Wrote: According to your religion, the Quran is your last message from God. It's not the same in other religions though. This again marks the point that no religion is wrong, but no religion is right either, whereas science is, if proven.

1st, science is no religion that can organize people's rights and duties and lives, it's just knowledge.
2nd, nope, not all religions are true, in fact not religion is true but Islam, all other religion have changed from the original, but Islam is the last, that's why it didn't change.
3rd, no religion is right... because?

(05-11-2011, 03:03 PM)durrrr link Wrote: Teachers are part of educating system. Before they hand out the sheets of paper with tests, they don't know how will students score. God should know everything and he shouldn't waste anytime testing us.

I don't think there's such thing as time for God, and testing is not the only reason, he also wants us to worship him.

Because no religion is right. And it's still a fact that you do not know that for sure if your religion is true or not. You _assume_ it.

May 20 is not that far away. It's also called "Draw the prophet Muhammed day". This holiday started after the South Park incident and is a protest in a certain way, trying to achieve the freedom of speech. What's your opinion about this? Anyone's gonna participate?
Draw Muhammad Day? Neat!

(05-11-2011, 03:52 PM)Maka link Wrote: Because no religion is right. And it's still a fact that you do not know that for sure if your religion is true or not. You _assume_ it.

holy shit, then why I've never kissed a girl? why I spend 2.5% of my money every year on the poor people? why do I pray 5 times everyday(even more than what I have to pray like 12 times or so)? because I don't know for sure that Islam is true :roll:, really?

(05-11-2011, 04:38 PM)durrrr link Wrote: May 20 is not that far away. It's also called "Draw the prophet Muhammed day". This holiday started after the South Park incident and is a protest in a certain way, trying to achieve the freedom of speech. What's your opinion about this? Anyone's gonna participate?
Draw Muhammad Day? Neat!

Read about Prophet Mohammad, I bet you wouldn't even want to watch that vid, meh, I know you won't read about him, you just hear what people say: NAZI, Terrorist, sexist, peadophile...had a candy in his beard, and believe them-_-

If you really want to piss real Muslims then take my advice: spread false information about Islam all over the internet and make people believe they are true, that pisses us more.

you should make a "tell a lie about Islam/Mohammad day"!

anyway, I think that guy can draw pretty good actually.

(05-11-2011, 04:57 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: holy shit, then why I've never kissed a girl? why I spend 2.5% of my money every year on the poor people? why do I pray 5 times everyday(even more than what I have to pray like 12 times or so)? because I don't know for sure that Islam is true :roll:, really?

Yes, really.

TwistedDemon, I am not stating anything about Muhammed. All your lessons on who Muhammed was, should be directed to TheAmazingAtheist. He is the one drawing and talking. I gave his video as an example, so you can see what's actually going on that day. I agree that he might sound quite offensive, but that's his personality.