Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 05-10-2011

Why did Allah create us, Earth and everything else? What's the point?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Daniel - 05-10-2011

Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg386834#msg386834 date=1305027795]
I completely agree there's no point, but I do like to argue about this subject anyway. Guess it is one of my more childish sides. It can be quite entertaining at times, lol

I've read more topics on different forums where they talk about religion and science. In comparison this whole thread is a complete fucking joke that nobody should even take seriously.

Could you give me some links of different forums where they talk about religion and science, i like to find out a lot of religion mixed with science.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 05-10-2011

(05-09-2011, 11:13 PM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: all that quote proves is is that the writer is very observant, all of that stuff stated in there is common sense and the fact that it says the scientist fear him is just...idiotic, people become scientists to prove things not because they are afraid of something so they try to rebel against it...

You clearly didn't understand the verses, it says that people who knows the wonders of God and those who see behind scenes fear God more than people who just see, for example, rain and just say that God have sent it instead of researching how God REALLY have sent it, when faithful scientists(common knowledge nowadays) see rain they don't see drops of water falling from the sky out of nowhere, they see what has really made that water form and made it fall.

and... calling our holy book "idiotic"...

(05-09-2011, 11:13 PM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: idk much about the protests in the Middle East or anything but if it weren't for religion then a lot of wars wouldn't have been fought, just saying. Besides, nowadays, at least in America, religion is getting in the way of everyday living, a woman in California (a religious, overprotective idiot) got the fucking dictionary banned from her kids school because it had the definition of "oral sex" wth kind of a reason is that? If it weren't for religion, America would be a much better place and I'm sure a lot of other countries would be too.

you said it your self... "overprotective", why you keep blaming religion for people's fault?

(05-10-2011, 02:29 PM)durrrr link Wrote: Why did Allah create us, Earth and everything else? What's the point?

[67:3]Who created death and life that He may try you-- which of you is best in deeds; and He is the Mighty, the Forgiving.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 05-10-2011

Why is god a person?

It's just proof that mankind could not think of anything else, thus a fantasy created by mankind.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - n00ne - 05-10-2011

This really is all you need to know

http://youtu.be/NviLvMRbGoE

P.S. Don't know how to embed.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 05-10-2011

Alright, TwistedDemon, so Allah created us to see who is the best. Now the same question as you maybe remember comes out: why did he do so, why is he testing us if he's almighty and all-knowing and already knows the answer?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 05-10-2011

(05-10-2011, 07:36 PM)durrrr link Wrote: Alright, TwistedDemon, so Allah created us to see who is the best. Now the same question as you maybe remember comes out: why did he do so, why is he testing us if he's almighty and all-knowing and already knows the answer?

It's not like that, it's not because he wants to find the answer, he wants us to take the test, just like when you have a test at school, your teacher knows all the answers, but he still gives you a paper to answer questions he already knows.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Hitman - 05-10-2011

(05-10-2011, 08:22 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: It's not like that, it's not because he wants to find the answer, he wants us to take the test, just like when you have a test at school, your teacher knows all the answers, but he still gives you a paper to answer questions he already knows.

So uhm, (im not familiar at all with the Quoran) is this test based on "tests" and certain "achievements" (if you want to call it like that) that are written in the quoran that a person must fulfill in order to pass this test, or is this a wider meaning open for interpretation, as in if a person sets a goal for himself and achieves his goals, can that be called a person that passed the test of life, e.g. in trying and achieveing his goals instead of giving up, for example

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SAE]Grim - 05-10-2011

(05-10-2011, 04:59 PM)Daniel link Wrote: Could you give me some links of different forums where they talk about religion and science, i like to find out a lot of religion mixed with science.

Yea I will tomorrow, rly busy atm

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Silent_Bob - 05-10-2011

(05-10-2011, 08:22 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: It's not like that, it's not because he wants to find the answer, he wants us to take the test, just like when you have a test at school, your teacher knows all the answers, but he still gives you a paper to answer questions he already knows.

you say he is testing us? well what if the test is is to not believe in him and those who don't will go to heaven and those who do will go to hell? what if the whole reason he created us(for those who believe in that) is to see if we are all smart enough to follow common sense and logic instead of stupidity and irrational beliefs?