Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 05-09-2011

Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg386769#msg386769 date=1304971505]
Yes, the servants of Common Sense.

Anyway I dont really understand how u showed him he's wrong about Islam
You might call him ignorant but he is actually very correct on what he posted. While not everything in religion is bad (far from), what he said covers up a pretty large portion of the religions we have today and how they work, specially christianity and islam.

You quoting verses from the Quran doesnt really help either.

look dude, when you don't know anything about Islam don't say "Islam is this... Islam is that"

let me tell you about history of Islam.. summarized:
an illiterate man in a village that worships stones and wood, fight each other, starts wars that lasts for 40 years over goats and camels, the illiterate gathers people for he has a new religion, they fight him, he doesn't fight back, he goes to another city, they fight him, he fights back, he wins, then other people fight him, he fights back, he wins, he dies, people who followed him formed the biggest country at that time, they would've been able to lead the world to an early renaissance if it wasn't for the wars that people kept starting against them.

that illiterate man says:"Asking for knowledge is a duty on every Muslim and every Muslima (female Muslim)"

now tell me that Islam is repressive religion that is designed to keep people dumb, keep talking crap.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SAE]Grim - 05-09-2011

What Christianity and Islam is "designed" to doesn't really matter. Religion can be nice and all, specially for thousands of years ago.
But religion is just used the wrong way at the moment. Wich results in so many many horrible things on this planet.

We dont need religion anymore. It's old and it's in no way helping the human race to move forward.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 05-09-2011

(05-09-2011, 06:42 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: your gods(monkey and elephant) didn't send any messages or messengers telling us that they do exist. :roll:

It rained yesterday, it was a message from the elephant, it provides us with water every day.

Also, do you know how much energy is needed to rotate the earth? Only a giant elephant can move it, its the giant elephant, which keeps us alive.
Man has been made when the elephant and the monkey mated, the man's penis was made out of the elephants nose. A penis is therefore a sign of power and strength.

Spread the word of the elephonkey religion, the only TRUE religion.

Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg386775#msg386775 date=1304973872]
What Christianity and Islam is "designed" to doesn't really matter. Religion can be nice and all, specially for thousands of years ago.
But religion is just used the wrong way at the moment. Wich results in so many many horrible things on this planet.

We dont need religion anymore. It's old and it's in no way helping the human race to move forward.

we don't need religion anymore... may I ask you, since when?
like 2 years ago?

remember when the cancer of racism was all over the world?(I wasn't born yet) who fought racism? atheists?
afaik.. there was, Martin luther, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela... religious people.

and if religions have been abused, that doesn't make them unnecessary anymore.

(05-09-2011, 09:47 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: It rained yesterday, it was a message from the elephant, it provides us with water every day.

Also, do you know how much energy is needed to rotate the earth? Only a giant elephant can move it, its the giant elephant, which keeps us alive.
Man has been made when the elephant and the monkey mated, the man's penis was made out of the elephants nose. A penis is therefore a sign of power and strength.

Spread the word of the elephonkey religion, the only TRUE religion.

funny how atheists love elephants, durrrr already made a pinkie elephant religion LOL

I would become a pinkyelephantian or elephonkian if you performed miracles like Jesus and Mohammad.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SAE]Grim - 05-09-2011

(05-09-2011, 09:56 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: we don't need religion anymore... may I ask you, since when?
like 2 years ago?

remember when the cancer of racism was all over the world?(I wasn't born yet) who fought racism? atheists?
afaik.. there was, Martin luther, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela... religious people.

They were religious people, grats. I know more ppl who have done wonders who are religious aswell, doesnt change the fact that religion itself is fucking useless in most cases. Martin Luther is old as fuck where religion still played a big part in society, nelson mandela didnt use religion to stop racism.

(05-09-2011, 09:56 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: ... religious people.
Just because someone is religious doesnt mean they're better than anybody else.

(05-09-2011, 09:56 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: funny how atheists love elephants

Do you have any idea how dumb that sentence is?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Bloodst3r - 05-09-2011

I guess not anyone is able to understand the Islam point of views in English because there are not enough words to describe how it's described in Arabic, so most probably you either have to be open-minded, or you understand Arabic.

So far Scientists haven't proven how the big bang created itself, and I doubt they will.

Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg386783#msg386783 date=1304975031]
They were religious people, grats. I know more ppl who have done wonders who are religious aswell, doesnt change the fact that religion itself is fucking useless in most cases. Martin Luther is old as fuck where religion still played a big part in society, nelson mandela didnt use religion to stop racism.
Just because someone is religious doesnt mean they're better than anybody else.

"old as fuck"
what about the protest that are going on now in the middle east, you think religion is useless too? do you know that Sheik Yousuf Alqaradawi is the one who started preaching for all that? starting in Tunisia.

Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg386783#msg386783 date=1304975031]

lol yea, that's what target and durrrr has proved, oh, durrrr likes white dogs as well hehehe

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Silent_Bob - 05-09-2011

(05-09-2011, 06:42 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: your gods(monkey and elephant) didn't send any messages or messengers telling us that they do exist. :roll:

nope, they actually are waiting for their mighty scientists to discover how the big bang created it self.

that just shows how ignorant you are about Islam and you tend to form non-subjective opinions on something you know 0%(maybe 0.01%) about, let me quote this verse from Quran:

[35:27]Do you not see that Allah sends down water from the cloud, then We bring forth therewith fruits of various colors; and in the mountains are streaks, white and red, of various hues and (others) intensely black?[35:28] And of men and beasts and cattle are various species of it likewise; those of his servants who truly fear Allah are the [b]scientists; surely Allah is Mighty, Forgiving.
[/b]
meh, another ex-Christian who thinks that all religions are like Christianity.

and yes, all religions will die, at least Islam will, someday, then the end of the world comes.

all that quote proves is is that the writer is very observant, all of that stuff stated in there is common sense and the fact that it says the scientist fear him is just...idiotic, people become scientists to prove things not because they are afraid of something so they try to rebel against it...

(05-09-2011, 10:32 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: "old as fuck"
what about the protest that are going on now in the middle east, you think religion is useless too? do you know that Sheik Yousuf Alqaradawi is the one who started preaching for all that? starting in Tunisia.

lol yea, that's what target and durrrr has proved, oh, durrrr likes white dogs as well hehehe

idk much about the protests in the Middle East or anything but if it weren't for religion then a lot of wars wouldn't have been fought, just saying. Besides, nowadays, at least in America, religion is getting in the way of everyday living, a woman in California (a religious, overprotective idiot) got the fucking dictionary banned from her kids school because it had the definition of "oral sex" wth kind of a reason is that? If it weren't for religion, America would be a much better place and I'm sure a lot of other countries would be too.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 05-10-2011

It wouldn't be a dictionary if it didn't describe the meaning behind words now wouldn't it? I mean c'mon, who in his right mind would literally try to ban a dictionary? It's not like the kids are going to go search for the word 'oral sex' and find out its meaning before having heard the word itself by someone else.  :roll:

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - ELABD - 05-10-2011

My opinion: the discussion about religion is a closed circle billions of peaple tried to find the aswer but nthng the one who believe in smthng wont change his mind but if he wants to find the right thing he will search read books know ideas and talk to religios men and we rn't those men our info is enough for ourselves to believe and do wat we r ordered to do.