Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Turkey - 04-24-2011

Quote:[Quran 50.38] We [Allah] created the heavens and the Earth and all what's between them in six days, and We were not touched by fatigue.
[Quran 41.9] Say: "Is it that you deny Him [Allah] who created the Earth in two days? And you claim others to be equal to Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds."

2 days divided by 6 days = 2/6 = 1/3 = 0,33.

So, according to the Qur'an, the time God spent on creating the Earth subject to the time God spent to create the Universe is 0,33 = 33 %.

What does MODERN science tell us? Something that was discovered just yet?

Age of the Earth: 4,54 ± 1 % billion years.
Age of the Universe: 13,75 ± 0,11 billion years.

Let me do the math for you:

4,54 billion years divided by 13,75 billion years = 0,33 = 1/3 = 33 %.

Coincidence? Suuuuuure. O+

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 04-24-2011

(04-24-2011, 12:12 PM)Turkey link Wrote: 2 days divided by 6 days = 2/6 = 1/3 = 0,33.

So, according to the Qur'an, the time God spent on creating the Earth subject to the time God spent to create the Universe is 0,33 = 33 %.

What does MODERN science tell us? Something that was discovered just yet?

Age of the Earth: 4,54 ± 1 % billion years.
Age of the Universe: 13,75 ± 0,11 billion years.

Let me do the math for you:

4,54 billion years divided by 13,75 billion years = 0,33 = 1/3 = 33 %.

Coincidence? Suuuuuure. O+

You shouldn't parallel the age of the Universe and the period of time "God has been creating the Universe".
If it's now 13.7 billion years from the Big Bang, you can't say that God has been creating the Universe all these days or something.

So what, when the age will be like 16 billion years, God will somehow say that he actually created the Universe in 7 days?
The evolution of the Universe hasn't ended. You can't say that it was created in 6 days.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Silent_Bob - 04-25-2011

good point durrrr, the universe is constantly expanding so the whole God created the universe in 6 days is false.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 04-25-2011

(04-25-2011, 01:41 AM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: good point durrrr, the universe is constantly expanding so the whole God created the universe in 6 days is false.
Yes. If God would be still creating the Universe, the verse should go with not "created the Universe in 6 days", but with "has been creating the Universe for 6 days". 
But even if you plug in the present perfect continuous, you will notice that it contradicts with the proportion "Earth Age / Universe Age". With time it isn't 0.33 (or 33%), so the verse fails.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 04-25-2011

Cool you must realise that even if he said 0,25 that at some point the 25% would have been correct...

Again a retarded non critical interpretation.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Carbon - 04-26-2011

(04-25-2011, 09:54 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: Cool you must realise that even if he said 0,25 that at some point the 25% would have been correct...

Again a retarded non critical interpretation.
agreed

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 04-26-2011

(04-21-2011, 07:16 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: u gotta be kidding me.. there are OBVIOUS quotes on the other pages, and no it is not 30 pages away. i rely on the evidence.

0Target0 aka ignorant, glad ure back. what uve just said just proves that u didnt follow the topic. i remember how u didnt  care to answer or went off-topic(same goes for ORCH_OR with ur 10000 tries.. gg) , nice. history, science , oooo not ur thing :o

word of God Twisted..
history speaks for itself, i answered everything, i dont give questions u know

Then give me the number of the post, why not even re-write the whole thing? I thought that you are "too fast" at typing.

and I told you.. do it like this:

book X verse X:X says: "...."
and it predicted: "....."

or ur afraid or what?

still waiting.

(04-24-2011, 08:59 PM)durrrr link Wrote: You shouldn't parallel the age of the Universe and the period of time "God has been creating the Universe".
If it's now 13.7 billion years from the Big Bang, you can't say that God has been creating the Universe all these days or something.

So what, when the age will be like 16 billion years, God will somehow say that he actually created the Universe in 7 days?
The evolution of the Universe hasn't ended. You can't say that it was created in 6 days.

WHEN...

you realize that the quran was revealed 1400 years ago which doesn't affect the percentage, when the Quran was relvealed God said that he created the universe in 6 days, not the next 16 billion years.

and the world probably won't stay for more than 100-300 years, take my word.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Carbon - 04-26-2011

(04-26-2011, 08:41 AM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: the world probably won't stay for more than 100-300 years, take my word.
faggy failer ;( we gonna die 2012  :(

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 04-26-2011

(04-26-2011, 08:41 AM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: WHEN...

you realize that the quran was revealed 1400 years ago which doesn't affect the percentage, when the Quran was relvealed God said that he created the universe in 6 days, not the next 16 billion years.

and the world probably won't stay for more than 100-300 years, take my word.
Then do you mind telling me why it says that "God created the universe in 6 days", not "God has been creating the universe for 6 days"?
Universe didn't come to the end, it hasn't evolved yet and according to some scientific proven laws, it won't come to the point, when evolution will end.

Even if there is a creator, if he had created the Universe, the only way he could have done that, is by starting the Big Bang. But at the start of the Big Bang, there was no Earth.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 04-26-2011

“Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing”.