Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 04-21-2011

there's something I wanted to ask you STyL4.. when you said:

Quote:TwistedDemon stop being ignorant and accuse Christianity like that, you dont even know what our Religion states and its about logic. i hope ur religion seriously doesnt state the "facts" u provided, because they are VERY VERY + VERY strange:

what's logical about Christianity?
or - what did you mean by 'logic'?

also, I want to ask you: you said earlier that the bible predicted a lot of things, can you tell me what did it predict? I know you posted them before but post them again cuz I don't wanna swim in the 30 past pages.

do it like this:

book X verse X:X says: "...."
and it predicted: "....."

waiting..

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SAE]Grim - 04-21-2011

Does it really matter what book that predicted the most things?:S

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 04-21-2011

(04-21-2011, 03:49 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: there's something I wanted to ask you STyL4.. when you said:

also, I want to ask you: you said earlier that the bible predicted a lot of things, can you tell me what did it predict? I know you posted them before but post them again cuz I don't wanna swim in the 30 past pages.

do it like this:

waiting..

Don't waste your time, he'll answer with youtube video's with broad statements narrowed down to a todays interpretation. Links between verses and ideas that are entirely random.

The bible predicted nothing.  ;)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 04-21-2011

(04-21-2011, 03:49 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: there's something I wanted to ask you STyL4.. when you said:

do it like this:

waiting..

u gotta be kidding me.. there are OBVIOUS quotes on the other pages, and no it is not 30 pages away. i rely on the evidence.

0Target0 aka ignorant, glad ure back. what uve just said just proves that u didnt follow the topic. i remember how u didnt  care to answer or went off-topic(same goes for ORCH_OR with ur 10000 tries.. gg) , nice. history, science , oooo not ur thing :o

word of God Twisted..
(04-08-2011, 05:04 AM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: As a Muslim I believe in the Bible, I believe that it is the word of God, therefore it must've predicted tons of things, but my problem with the bible is that it's edited, and people don't know which part is edited and which part isn't.

history speaks for itself, i answered everything, i dont give questions u know

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 04-21-2011

Your interpretation of ORCH OR is a misinterpretation.

I'm not ignorant, you just said Allah=God, i found it funny, because your belief is different for both gods.

I think science is more my thing  ;).

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 04-21-2011

your own opinion, no wonder its wrong.

we both respect and have faith in one God, the creator

wouldnt agree on science part.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Silent_Bob - 04-22-2011

what people say the Bible predicted is thrown way out of proportion in today's society, they say the Bible foretold the fucking oil spill and all the earthquakes, etc, it's all bullshit. The Bible isn't meant to be taken literally and those who live THAT close to what it says are just being brainwashed by the nonsense that's in that book and you're left to believe the bullshit that's been "predicted" in the Bible. Sure some of the stuff in there may be true but that's because it's so vague that it's bound to happen eventually anyways, it's like that stupid shit about Nostradamus and all those other idiots who predicted "prophecies". People just take one verse from the Bible and stupidly place it into something that's going on in today's society and say the Bible predicted it, it's all fucking nonsense.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 04-22-2011

(04-21-2011, 08:52 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: your own opinion, no wonder its wrong.

we both respect and have faith in one God, the creator

wouldnt agree on science part.

Still wondering, cause chemical orbitals are self collapsing wave functions too, are they minds? A billion billion little gods ?  :w
Yeh cause chemical engineers know nothing about science, but preachers do.
(04-22-2011, 01:19 AM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: what people say the Bible predicted is thrown way out of proportion in today's society, they say the Bible foretold the fucking oil spill and all the earthquakes, etc, it's all bullshit. The Bible isn't meant to be taken literally and those who live THAT close to what it says are just being brainwashed by the nonsense that's in that book and you're left to believe the bullshit that's been "predicted" in the Bible. Sure some of the stuff in there may be true but that's because it's so vague that it's bound to happen eventually anyways, it's like that stupid shit about Nostradamus and all those other idiots who predicted "prophecies". People just take one verse from the Bible and stupidly place it into something that's going on in today's society and say the Bible predicted it, it's all fucking nonsense.

Exactly!

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - SAFC - 04-22-2011

For anyone interested in scientific studies of the brain, you'll probably be familiar with the cerebral cortex, and within that area of the brain the prefrontal cortex is found. It's the part of the brain responsible for decisions, planning, recognising consiquenses of actions, and being creative. It was discovered in the 20th century that this part of the brain is where lies, truth, and good and bad decisions come from. Yet it's mentioned in the Qur'an 1400 years ago.

http://www.ummah.net/islam/taqwapalace/science/science_cerebrum.htm

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 04-22-2011

And now my mind just goes like... so what if it was mentioned? What the hell wasn't mentioned centuries ago? Even the old Egyptians had performed brain surgeries.