Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 04-15-2011

"I'm not seeing the dark light, I'm saying that religion limits the personal views of people. Religion still has an implication on the social life in alot of countries, these social differences between people often lead to anger or categorization and leads to small social conflicts or even world conflicts."

if Religion is the real one, the one thats doing what it has to do according to it's religion, then this implication should not cause anything bad. such as helping poor people and so on. if someone is being abusive and knows that believers would do anything for their religion, then its his fault not the religion's , hes the guilty one. the thing is, there is always someone behind it(corruption), and he should be blamed for that.

"Somehow it seems people with an other religion are different than people from your own religion, this creates a social gap; Us vs Them. This also implicates that the role that religion plays in society prevents bridging to other communities, the belief and the implication that something is 'sacred' means that it is not accessible by just any outsider."

well, this wouldnt be happening if Atheists would not "Push" the religion and if the real believers(those that have faith) would not "force" Atheists to believe. i do believe and ive got a good reason to do it, but im not telling u to become Christian because "that aint right , but that is.." and stuff like that.. its ur decision and im sure u have a good reason uve chosen this way.

"The way kids have no choice over their religion (I was baptized as a christian when i was 2 weeks old) and get raised by stories that everyone around them believes in. So yes what everyone believes in must be true, imagine how the world image would collapse if you see that what you believed in all your life is incorrect?"
- well, often kids are religious because of their families, but they did not really have that "freedom". when they grow up, they dont really find religion comfortable. i decided to believe by myself, my family is not religious.. and there should be freedom for both.. freedom for faith without being preached that its wrong(and the other way around) and freedom to have ur own life-style.

"In the end, we are animals, we all get born, we all eat-shit-work-have sex, and die: we're all the same, we're human beings."
- indeed.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 04-15-2011

Whats your reason to believe styl4?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 04-15-2011

You can live your life your way and we  will live our lives our way. - I agree to this, but the problem is that some people (like Muslims) were commanded to spread their religion and this is where the killing/murdering/bombing starts.

well, thats just stupid if u ask me, because they call themselves religious people but in the other hand, they dont even do what Religion tells them to do or break the rules..

anyways, personal reasons 0Target0 and pretty much arguments/reasons i stated in this topic. :P its going on since age 11,10 and there were "falls" too obviously.

(04-15-2011, 05:00 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: well, thats just stupid if u ask me, because they call themselves religious people but in the other hand, they dont even do what Religion tells them to do or break the rules..

anyways, personal reasons 0Target0 and pretty much arguments/reasons i stated in this topic. :P its going on since age 11,10 and there were "falls" too obviously.

Wow better hope your personal reasons are better than your arguments.

beyond your imagination. and believe me, they would make your mouth shut even for longer. :) like it did.

Why not share  ;(?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - SAFC - 04-16-2011

(04-15-2011, 04:54 PM)durrrr link Wrote: You can live your life your way and we  will live our lives our way. - I agree to this, but the problem is that some people (like Muslims) were commanded to spread their religion and this is where the killing/murdering/bombing starts.

Wrong, try taking less notice of the media and badly educated sources of the subject.

(04-15-2011, 04:05 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: Most of the conflicts in this world today have a religious origin.

Why are you generalising when you've got no way at all to prove it?

You're just being told what to believe by the media, rather than challenging it, or challenging yourself to learn facts before having a debate about something.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 04-16-2011

(04-14-2011, 08:21 PM)Peru2600 link Wrote: Sounds to me like what he did after drinking are the sins. Not the act of drinking. But I can see you feel very strongly about this and like I said in my first comment, a few words will never convince anyone. So I rest my case.

yes what he did after drinking are sins, but what his excuse will be? "I was drunk!"
Quote:[quote author=Maka link=topic=28190.msg383112#msg383112 date=1302808923]
Started from murder...? Gee, what happened to the near thousand other suggestions?
That's quite the fairytale you brought up there.  :roll:

Drinking is not a sin. Hell, what about drinking water? Definitely a sin now isn't it.

(04-14-2011, 09:17 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: yeah I know what you are saying man, I got that problem all the time too  :'(

Islam is so realistic, I'm glad you guide me man!
(04-14-2011, 09:32 PM)WLproxy link Wrote: Same here man. Last week I drank a couple of beers with my mates, and before I know I raped this hot girl and killed her after that  :'(! Damn alcohol beverages, why you taste so daaayuummnnn good?!
(04-14-2011, 09:47 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: Only one  ;(? On friday I raped like a 1000 virgins and killed them all  :'(!

I'm glad, from now on the Quran will guide me!

Fucking Bible had it all wrong!

Is that why priests like to lick kiddie wee wee's?
(04-14-2011, 09:44 PM)Munch link Wrote: But there are hundreds of thousands of people who murder and rape all the time. Most of them aren't under the influence of alcohol. Maybe some rapists will have some alcohol in their system, but probably not enough to affect their judgement to the extent of committing such a crime.

Generally, rapists and murderers know what they are doing, alcohol is often just a scapegoat.

And no, I'm not defending alcohol, of course it can be evil. It destroys families and marriages (ie like my dad) but it's no excuse for crimes such as murder and rape.

Also, what about people like Saddam, Hitler, and Stalin? Were they drunk when they murdered millions of people?
[/quote]

haha hold on there ppl, I didn't say that alcohol is the origin of all problems in the world, I'm saying that alcohol can cause hundreds and hundreds of problems without even punishing the drunk people causing it, because they always have an excuse: "I WAS DRUNK".

and no it's not a fairy tale... it actually happened and it's still happening.

and here's why my fairy tale is so realistic:

Number of handgun or violent crimes annually related to drugs and/or alcohol and Number of murders annually related to drugs and/or alcohol?
  • One half of all traffic accidents are alcohol related. U.S.A. Today - 1/24/90
  • An estimated 23,200 murdered in U.S. last year Newsweek - 3/25/91
  • Of all murders, alcohol was involved in at least 34% of cases.
  • Rape - More than 1/2 of rapists had been drinking.
  • Child abuse - mothers convicted are 3 times more likely to be alcoholics - fathers 10 times more likely.
  • Suicide - Up to 36% of victims were drinking just before. Prodigy Services Co. - 3/3/92
  • Heavy drinking is involved in 60% of violent crimes, 30% of suicides, and 80% of fire and drowning accidents.
  • The suicide rate of alcoholics is 30 times that of the general population. AFA journal - 1/90
  • The percentage of households that were scenes of violent crime or of burglary or property crime in 1989 was 24.9%. LA Times - 9/3/90
  • Among men arrested for serious crime in 12 major cities, 53% (in Phoenix) to 79% (New York) tested positive for illicit drugs in voluntary urine analysis at time of arrest. Insight - 2/29/89
  • About 2/3 of people arrested in larger cities for felonies. . .test positive for illegal drugs. Economist - 1/21/89

http://www.alcoholicsvictorious.org/faq/impact.html

and that's just in America :N

(04-15-2011, 06:39 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: I'm just saying it's wrong to believe in these books, religious differences has killed more people on this planet than anything else. It has led to abuse of power, terrorist attacks.

You can say 'God helped me ;( , you cant understand :'(' but sry guys if you need a stupid story to live by, the so called word of god allah or whatever...those stories were just created to pass along the answers to unexplicable phenomena. Today all those things have been explained and i believe social awareness is a lot higher now than back then (except for some countries).

Belief in hell was the ultimate kiddie level story to make people behave, since police and such was not as high level as now.

I'm living without god. Only the most humanist solution ever. I contribute more than religion does.

O+

Why are you immediately assuming that all religions are man-made?
sorry to disappoint you but even using your logic there's a probability that God exists, assume that there's a God and he wants you to behave so he makes you go to heaven, now, does all religions still look like they're man-made?

btw: saying that religion is made to explain unexplainable phenomenas doesn't apply on Islam, am ready to tell you why if you would like to know.

Quote:religious differences has killed more people on this planet than anything else. It has led to abuse of power, terrorist attacks.

It has led to? it's not the religion's fault, it's the people's fault if they abuse their religion or if they don't know anything about it and act like they are commanded(like Muslim terrorists).

I bet that you can't find any religion telling people that killing is good/allowed/wanted.

Quote:I contribute more than religion does.

I bet you do, but the problem is, how you/atheists define "contributing", the feeling of being good or being bad will fade away by time... when religions disappear(Hadith).

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 04-16-2011

(04-16-2011, 04:11 AM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: It has led to? it's not the religion's fault, it's the people's fault if they abuse their religion or if they don't know anything about it and act like they are commanded(like Muslim terrorists).

"It has led to? It's not the alcohol's fault. It's the people's fault if they abuse alcohol." - Now that's kind of is the same.
In other words, again alcohol nearly always gets the blame.

(04-14-2011, 08:21 PM)Peru2600 link Wrote: Sounds to me like what he did after drinking are the sins. Not the act of drinking. But I can see you feel very strongly about this and like I said in my first comment, a few words will never convince anyone. So I rest my case.

Same point being made.

(04-16-2011, 04:11 AM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: I bet that you can't find any religion telling people that killing is good/allowed/wanted.

Nope, but you can find millions of morons who believe that is what is being said and should be done.