Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - WLproxy - 04-14-2011

Even the smallest amount of alcohol will have effect on your body, so drinking alcohol is a sin.

And TwistedDemon, what's wrong with drinking alcohol?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Peru - 04-14-2011

(04-14-2011, 04:21 PM)WLproxy link Wrote: Even the smallest amount of alcohol will have effect on your body, so drinking alcohol is a sin.

Of course it will have effects. However, the body can process one or maybe two drinks just fine. But if you're drinking too much and you're forcing your body to do extra work, you are damaging it and that's where the sin comes in. You're damaging something that is not yours.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Daniel - 04-14-2011

(04-14-2011, 04:21 PM)WLproxy link Wrote: Even the smallest amount of alcohol will have effect on your body, so drinking alcohol is a sin.

Exactly, actually in that time it was really good for your body because alcohol killed the bacterias in different kind of drinks, they didn't clean their drinks back then.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 04-14-2011

(04-14-2011, 01:29 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: i know where u found this.

Cannabis was used 12 ways: clothing, paper, cord, sails, fishnet, oil, sealant, incense, food, and in ceremony, relaxation and medicine. For so the Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs. For afore harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Isaiah 18:4-5)

Jesus and the """drugs,drinks"""

"Yet the simple joys of drinking were also sung. He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth. (Psalm 104:14-15)" - wrong interpretation son, wrong interpretation.

"..../For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Paul: Romans 14:14,17)/"

"It was God who created cannabis hemp and told mankind to use "every green herb" on Earth. The Bible speaks of mercy, healing and a persecution of God's children. They persecute me wrongfully; help thou me. (Psalms 119:86) Prisons and drug wars do not save souls. The Lord… hath sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to them that are bound. (Isaiah 61:1)"

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 04-14-2011

(04-14-2011, 11:56 AM)STyL4 link Wrote: not only atheists. :) lol TwistedDemon, sin? come on already.. Peru gave u clear information..

@Target00 (didnt notice ur reply)

Ok, here's ur flaw. u thinks that there can be other self-collapsing wave-functions which are not minds -as well as others that are.

The point I was trying to make though is that self-collapsing wave-functions are one and the same with minds. Thus if you see a self-collapsing wave-function, it is automatically a mind.

ORCH_OR theory yet again. Religion is not about History only but Science too and say whatever u want, just dont state ur own opinions only, as u can see i state scientific facts here.(not u 00target)

Well a theory stays a theory untill prove, what you do here is use 2 unproven theory's to prove a third one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

so that means that the orbit of an electron is a mind? AND GOD? AND A UNIVERSE?

It describes probability's and is just a tool to mathematically describe positions.

Therefore this is a property described by mankind as a self collapsing wave function. Property of the universe => maybe, its just a theory.

Property of a mind, maybe, its just a theory.

Both properties, not equalities.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 04-14-2011

Islam prohibited drinking alcohol or anything that will make your mind absent, because many many bad things happened because of people being drunk, starting from murder ending to raping.

Actually there's a story about a man who was given three choices or else: 1-Drink wine, 2-Rape a woman, 3- Kill a child, he chose drinking because he thought that it doesn't cause much harm, then he got drunk, raped and killed.

so, drinking is a sin.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Peru - 04-14-2011

(04-14-2011, 08:19 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: Islam prohibited drinking alcohol or anything that will make your mind absent, because many many bad things happened because of people being drunk, starting from murder ending to raping.

Actually there's a story about a man who was given three choices or else: 1-Drink wine, 2-Rape a woman, 3- Kill a child, he chose drinking because he thought that it doesn't cause much harm, then he got drunk, raped and killed.

so, drinking is a sin.

Sounds to me like what he did after drinking are the sins. Not the act of drinking. But I can see you feel very strongly about this and like I said in my first comment, a few words will never convince anyone. So I rest my case.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 04-14-2011

Started from murder...? Gee, what happened to the near thousand other suggestions?
That's quite the fairytale you brought up there.  :roll:

Drinking is not a sin. Hell, what about drinking water? Definitely a sin now isn't it.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SAE]Grim - 04-14-2011

(04-14-2011, 08:19 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: Islam prohibited drinking alcohol or anything that will make your mind absent, because many many bad things happened because of people being drunk, starting from murder ending to raping.

You mean like muslims do to their wifes in the everyday life ? Most of the time the husbands arent even drunk lol

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 04-14-2011

Maybe this doesn't fully belong in here, but let's talk Turkey for a second: This particular country has problems. They want to join the EU, but in order to do that, you need to have a few rules. One of these rules is: to keep state and church separate. It's something they don't, and probably won't.