Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Daniel - 04-13-2011

(04-13-2011, 01:18 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: Wake up Christians fgs

(04-13-2011, 04:25 PM)Dominator33 link Wrote: ashuhsuahsuas bic muslim boi

No... That's exactly what shouldn't happen in a topic like this!

It's a sensitive topic and i got a feeling this is provoking so stop the childish behavior.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 04-13-2011

Maka, i think we are going off-topic about "personal or not", doesnt matter really, lets get back to the discussion back shall we. :D

TwistedDemon, you make no sense and ure embarassing yourself with your disrespecting. and clearly you dont really know what Peru2600 stated there.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 04-13-2011

(04-10-2011, 01:10 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: Very easy,

The wave function of the universe is self collapsing. (hawking did not say that btw, he just discussed the idea 'the wave function of the universe' separately from the idea of a collapsing universe, it is just a theory, because everything in this world can be reduced to PHYSICAL waves, not probability wave functions which is completely different) Nevertheless, this theory is just an assumption; Please read Brian Greene's books

self collapsing wave functions are minds. Coolio, self collapsing wave functions are not physical, they just tell something about probability, so it's more like a descriptive mathematical tool, so claiming that a mathematical probability function is a mind...hmmm read orch or again please. A mind can be interpreted to where self collapsing wave functions apply, self collapsing wave functions as a property of the mind

Therefore the wave function of the universe is a mind.  _O-

_________________________________________________________________________________

Technique, property of X is A, Property of Z is A, THUS Z=X;

In the same way you can say that, an apple is round and so is a ball, therefore an apple is a ball.

So there goes your theory.
__________________________________________________________________________________

X=Z is not about orch-or

X=Z is where you say that the mind is a universe based upon that the property of the universe is a self collapsing wave function (as what the word says) and that the property of the mind is a self collapsing wave function (as in probability function, not quite the same imo).

(04-13-2011, 12:51 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: "Sorry I forgot about this. Yes so basically I say a mind is a self-collapsing wave-function but you're asking does that mean that all self-collapsing wave-functions are minds? Yes that would be erroneous of me to assume it goes both ways automatically. It's just that in this case Orch-OR was explicitly derived in the context of Penrose's quantum mind theory. So in this particular case it's meant to be go both ways: X=Z and Z=X. It's a biconditional." - @video and so on..

Theory is approved once again. questions after questions, im the one giving explanations but questions wont take u nowhere.

Your God 'proof ' theory has never been proved, since its based on misinterpretation. As you gladly take 'misinterpretations' as the truth.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 04-13-2011

(04-13-2011, 02:22 PM)Peru2600 link Wrote: A person will never be condemned for a single wrong act they commit. That's why Jesus died for us... to forgive our sins ;)

Also, he does not say "go drink wine and buy it". He neither prohibits or endorses the act of drinking wine. He simply tells you what it can do to you if you drink too much of it. He then lets you decide.

oh he does say so:
Isaiah 55:1 (ESV)
55 “Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

I don't know if you have ways to explain the bible, but here the bible says:

Isaiah 5:22 (ESV)
22 Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine, and valiant men in mixing strong drink.

why there are so much contradiction in the bible?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 04-13-2011

does that emply to force them to over-react and drink until they're drunk? its called being "generous" and help poor people, ever heard about it? wine was one of the "rich" resources back then, get the symbole right.

and dont compare Bible, i gave u loads of examples about predictions and either science impressions, you can ignore them but you can't deny the Holy Bible. and what is contradiction for you? giving "miracles" about something that COULD be tested? please..

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Peru - 04-13-2011

(04-13-2011, 07:10 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: why there are so much contradiction in the bible?

No contradiction at all. You are just looking at each verses individually which gives the appearance of a contradiction. Now let me try to explain to you why there is no contradiction.

As STyL4 said, wine represented something deeper back in those days. The wine from that time contained no alcohol. It was purely the juice of grapes. So what Isaiah 55:1 says is to yes, go ahead and celebrate when appropriate and drink wine and milk in order to create a better ambient (Social drinking and eating).

What Isaiah 5:22 says is to beware of those who drink TOO MUCH wine. As you may know, anything you eat or drink in excess is not good for your health (including too much water). The part of the men that mix drinks is self-explanatory.

Like I said before, if you have two paths to take, God will tell you which road is the good road and which road is the bad road. He then grants you freedom to chose which path to take.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 04-13-2011

Wine contained alcohol. How else would they preserve it?

I dont think this discussion should go entirely about which book is right.
O+

(04-13-2011, 08:01 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: Wine contained alcohol. How else would they preserve it?

They wouldn't. Wine was simply grape juice in those times.

Fermentation was created by humans later on because drinking simple grape juice didn't satisfy them.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SAE]Grim - 04-13-2011

Isnt it also a part of church to take a piece of some flat bread and dip it in wine and eat it? I did that on this ceremony when I turned 15.
That wine was without alcohol, just because u cant give alcohol to young ppl. Otherwise they use real wine.

If drinking wine was a sin I seriously doubt this cerenomy would exist and performed by priests.

Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg382938#msg382938 date=1302721704]
If drinking wine was a sin I seriously doubt this cerenomy would exist and performed by priests.

Exactly. Let me just give a short and simple illustration:

Guy A, Guy B. Wine contains alcohol.

Guy A drinks two glasses of wine. He still has judgement and has control of himself. What has he done wrong? Nothing.

Guy B drinks 10 glasses of wine. His judgement is affected and can barely walk. What has he done wrong? He has drank too much wine and is not himself anymore. Now his body has to work more in order to get rid of the alcohol. By making his body work more, he is also damaging it and therefore did not follow God's instruction of taking care of his body.

Both drank wine, however only one committed sin by drinking too much.