Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Peru - 04-12-2011

(04-12-2011, 04:39 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: OMG if this is true... then shame on Christians to say that Jesus -peace be upon him- drank wine, HOW THEY **ING DARE??

There is no sin in drinking wine. As a matter of fact, Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine.

(04-12-2011, 04:39 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: K styla... this is an obvious proof that you Christians can't control the bible, you can't know if something is changed in it, THEN HOW THE HELL YOU SAY THAT IT'S STILL A WORD OF GOD??!

The Bible is approximately 3600 years old. Scientists themselves have studied the very first Bibles with the most modern ones and haven't found any drastic changes apart from a few words being changed in order for people to understand it better. In all of its content, not one contradiction is found.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 04-13-2011

(04-12-2011, 11:37 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: Cool, authority argument again, this time a university. Orch or can be approved by a uni. But the god linked theory that you made out of it will not be.

Oh and giving your opponent less crediblity by saying he's too dumb to understand _O-. Coolio

I believe there are terms for this false argumentation, but i'm too lazy to look it up.

It's just because there's a gigantic hole in your 'god proof'  theory, ive maybe quoted it 1000 times and still you intentionally ignore it.

Property of X=A, Property of Z=A, Thus X=Z is not proof, because the logic is wrong.

SO THERE GOES YOUR ORCH OR BASED GOD PROOF THEORY.

"Sorry I forgot about this. Yes so basically I say a mind is a self-collapsing wave-function but you're asking does that mean that all self-collapsing wave-functions are minds? Yes that would be erroneous of me to assume it goes both ways automatically. It's just that in this case Orch-OR was explicitly derived in the context of Penrose's quantum mind theory. So in this particular case it's meant to be go both ways: X=Z and Z=X. It's a biconditional." - @video and so on..

Theory is approved once again. questions after questions, im the one giving explanations but questions wont take u nowhere.

Im not saying Grim is an idiot, but looking on internet seeing if there is anything about "ORCH OR God proof" is just stupid. You can do research but make sure u understan it because there has to be scientific proofs covering it like in this ORCH OR  theory.

ORCH OR theory creator knows alot of stuff about God, and yet again he doesn't deny Evolution because he says as a Christian u shouldnt. I mean, he even says that he's more of a evolutionist than creationist. and he knows some pretty secret stuff about God and science and he's extremely intelligent. a genious if u ask me, because ive talked with him..

P"eople stopped taking him seriously like 4 or 5 pages back  ;) " - or is it u and "ur own opinion" debates?

"Your sorry ass is obviously not much of a "science man" either. He brought enough proof? Gee, I thought you guys didn't need any proof? Not to mention that right now, the tables obviously have turned, as it's not just the ones who don't believe that need proof. It's obvious the ones that do believe try to make their proof themselves, even if it's not real proof. " - actually, if u would know much about what's going on, they dont give proofs because they want to "prove" it to themselves, but prove it to people like u and ur thinking about Religion , obviously u judge it wrong and some of them want to prove u wrong, because obviously if they belive in something that much and u disrespect it (atheist's faith - fighting for existance of nothing makes no sense either, did i say that already) then they will react.

"As a last entry, what is your problem with Grim googling the situation? How is that "typically him"? Would you not google information over something you may not know very well or to get even more information on something you do know well? Google is without a shadow of a doubt, as is the internet itself, the best source to find information, both correct and incorrect, right now on the entire planet. The joke is on you when making a statement like that. Maybe I should call that 'typical' too now?"

- google is without a doubt? alrighty then! go follow internet, it will bring u closer to the truth, im sure thats what scientists does! who needs EXPLAINED scientific proof, follow what GOOGLE says! its without a doubt! that argument made no sense, that is science for sure! so much of a science man u are! writing 50 sentences over my 1 sentence, without knowing the real point i made. its about how u understan it not how OTHERS on google does. ur head, ur thinking. next time think before u say something and make a fair point about what i actually though. even if it has correct PLUS incorrect information, u must think with ur own head.

its nothing wrong if he did a research first, but if u dont find thousands of results in google, that does not mean its wrong because as long as its briefly described and scientificly proved with logic, it should be fine.

And Maka, i cant take u seriously, u dont even know me yet u judge me what i "think" over internet. that is a prefect example of pure rage over someone getting the "control" of the situation.

and Peru2600, im not getting personal, they started the insults because thats an example if you see ur opponent as strong and if he made u spechless, you start going personal and state ur OWN opinions only. maybe i over reacted too, but it was my reply and my reply atleast had some useful information. DENIAL and FLAMEs are worst components in debate. its not like i give a damn if someone on the other side flames me or states his own opinions only, because i understan he will never agree with me, no matter what i state. its not about how many are there, but what influence u made on them.  ;)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 04-13-2011

(04-12-2011, 05:26 PM)Peru2600 link Wrote: There is no sin in drinking wine. As a matter of fact, Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine.

no sin in drinking wine:
DRUNK DRIVING

no sin in drinking wine:
The effects of drunk driving

and that's just drunk driving...

btw: Leviticus 10:9 (ESV)
9 “Drink no wine or strong drink, you or your sons with you, when you go into the tent of meeting, lest you die. It shall be a statute forever throughout your generations.

Chrisitans don't obey the bible? are you saying that Jesus (PBUH) is a hypocrite for saying that you shouldn't drink wine and then he drinks it?

(04-12-2011, 05:26 PM)Peru2600 link Wrote: The Bible is approximately 3600 years old. Scientists themselves have studied the very first Bibles with the most modern ones and haven't found any drastic changes apart from a few words being changed in order for people to understand it better. In all of its content, not one contradiction is found.

1. One word would make a HUGE difference.
2. May I ask you what is the age of the very first bibles ever found?

Wake up Christians fgs

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 04-13-2011

who said Jesus turned water into wine because of that?

it is a symbole indeed, but where did he say u need to over-act drinking the wine? thats ur decision and there will be consencuenses(aw).  its ur own fault if u drink it too much, is it Jesus's? where in Bible it says u need to get drunk? now come on. this is completely off-topic. 

there is sin with over-reacting because u know whats coming next. get the point right. Bread for example, u can eat it but it states u shouldnt be glutton.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 04-13-2011

(04-13-2011, 12:51 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: People stopped taking him seriously like 4 or 5 pages back  ;) " - or is it u and "ur own opinion" debates?

No, people simply stopped taking you seriously because of the way you reply in this entire topic. Ryder is correct.

(04-13-2011, 12:51 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: actually, if u would know much about what's going on, they dont give proofs because they want to "prove" it to themselves, but prove it to people like u and ur thinking about Religion , obviously u judge it wrong and some of them want to prove u wrong, because obviously if they belive in something that much and u disrespect it (atheist's faith - fighting for existance of nothing makes no sense either, did i say that already) then they will react.

Why would you want to prove it to people like us? It just doesn't prove anything to us.

Who's disrespecting anyone though? Why would I disrespect someone who believes in something when I'm a Christian myself? I just haven't fallen for "all that crap" (note: this is my personal view, so don't take this as an insult) even though I've had years and years of religious classes in my entire student life.
If believing in it makes you a happier person in life, then go on and do so. My whole point through this discussion was to show that a subject like this will never get a true answer. It's been going on for centuries and probably will still go on for decades.

Still, why would you want to prove all of this to people who do not believe? That's basically looking like you want others to believe what you believe in (not you specifically, just people who believe in general). Do you know where that leads to in extreme cases? To people getting executed. This fact cannot be denied.

(04-13-2011, 12:51 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: google is without a doubt? alrighty then! go follow internet, it will bring u closer to the truth, im sure thats what scientists does! who needs EXPLAINED scientific proof, follow what GOOGLE says! its without a doubt! that argument made no sense, that is science for sure! so much of a science man u are! writing 50 sentences over my 1 sentence, without knowing the real point i made. its about how u understan it not how OTHERS on google does. ur head, ur thinking. next time think before u say something and make a fair point about what i actually though. even if it has correct PLUS incorrect information, u must think with ur own head.

its nothing wrong if he did a research first, but if u dont find thousands of results in google, that does not mean its wrong because as long as its briefly described and scientificly proved with logic, it should be fine.

After having read this part three times I'll try to make a proper reply:

I stated that there is nothing wrong (as did Munch actually) with someone searching information over the internet in order to make a proper response to someone else. From your post, you were calling Grim an idiot for having done so. With this post, you even implied that everyone who uses the internet to gain information over something are idiots. Do you get our point now?

(04-13-2011, 12:51 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: And Maka, i cant take u seriously, u dont even know me yet u judge me what i "think" over internet. that is a prefect example of pure rage over someone getting the "control" of the situation.

Eh? You couldn't be more wrong. You're actually doing the same thing. You are, right now, judging me. You claim I was "raging" over how you apparently "have control" over the situation? Well let me tell you that no one has control over this situation. Why is this even getting called a situation? It's a bloody discussion topic on a gaming forum.

(04-13-2011, 12:51 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: and Peru2600, im not getting personal, they started the insults because thats an example if you see ur opponent as strong and if he made u spechless, you start going personal and state ur OWN opinions only. maybe i over reacted too, but it was my reply and my reply atleast had some useful information. DENIAL and FLAMEs are worst components in debate. its not like i give a damn if someone on the other side flames me or states his own opinions only, because i understan he will never agree with me, no matter what i state. its not about how many are there, but what influence u made on them.  ;)

I have yet to see any reply where I went personal at you, because I haven't. And by the way, with that single reply, you are again 'talking down to people'.
No one is obviously speechless here as they still replied to all of your posts. And yet again, this is a discussion topic, so I wonder what exactly is wrong with someone stating their own opinion.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 04-13-2011

Excuses for the double post but this one is to another individual.

(04-13-2011, 01:18 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: -snip-

What exactly is your problem with drinking wine? There is indeed NO sin in drinking wine. How on earth would drinking ANYTHING be a sin?
What about smoking then? Is that a sin too?

Gee, I wonder what a great awesome life you people have when you're not even allowed to ENJOY life in a certain way.
And for any smartass out there thinking about copying this sentence and then stating something like "what if enjoyment for a person is killing another person, how about that huh you piece of trailer park trash?" or something among those lines, then please, we all know that's just wrong. It's as a person is this topic has stated:

(03-28-2011, 02:14 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Let people believe what they want, and reward or punish actions accordingly.
If someone helps an old lady cross the road and they're atheist, great, give them a pat on the back. If someone helps an old lady cross the road because they want to be nice and get into heaven, great, give them a pat on the back.
If somebody blows up a car because they're pissed off at the government, throw them in prison. If somebody blows up a car because that's what they feel their god wants them to do, throw them in prison. It's not that difficult.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Peru - 04-13-2011

(04-13-2011, 01:18 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: Wake up Christians fgs

First of all, the book of Leviticus is in the old testament. That may not mean a lot to you, but it means a lot to me. Second of all, the act of drinking wine has no sin. It becomes a sin when you have drank enough for it to interfere with your judgement. I hope that's clear.

(04-13-2011, 01:50 PM)Maka link Wrote: What about smoking then? Is that a sin too?

The Bible doesn't prohibit specific things, but it does tell us to take care of our body because it is the temple of the Holy spirit. Due to this, many Christians chose not to smoke.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 04-13-2011

(04-13-2011, 02:07 PM)Peru2600 link Wrote: First of all, the book of Leviticus is in the old testament. That may not mean a lot to you, but it means a lot to me. Second of all, the act of drinking wine has no sin. It becomes a sin when you have drank enough for it to interfere with your judgement. I hope that's clear.

The Bible doesn't prohibit specific things, but it does tell us to take care of our body because it is the temple of the Holy spirit. Due to this, many Christians chose not to smoke.

wait, I don't get it.

are you saying that God said: PEOPLE WHO DRINK WINE SHALL BURN IN HELL
then he said: oh wait, what was I thinking, go drink wine and buy it, it's a blessing from me.

seriously...

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Peru - 04-13-2011

(04-13-2011, 02:18 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: wait, I don't get it.

are you saying that God said: PEOPLE WHO DRINK WINE SHALL BURN IN HELL
then he said: oh wait, what was I thinking, go drink wine and buy it, it's a blessing from me.

seriously...

A person will never be condemned for a single wrong act they commit. That's why Jesus died for us... to forgive our sins ;)

Also, he does not say "go drink wine and buy it". He neither prohibits or endorses the act of drinking wine. He simply tells you what it can do to you if you drink too much of it. He then lets you decide.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Dominator33 - 04-13-2011

(04-13-2011, 01:18 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: Wake up Christians fgs
ashuhsuahsuas bic muslim boi