Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - ELABD - 02-13-2013

i already did it kabom but still believe in islam and didn't find sm1who persuaded me with atheism

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 02-13-2013

(02-13-2013, 10:24 AM)!TargetPractice! link Wrote: Well, I would say not scientists in general. Obviously an astronomer (big bang theory) or biologist (evolution) would believe in what they are studying.

I am a medical student, and some of my class mates are religious and don't believe in the big bang theory, however they do believe in evolution.

So it comes down to what type of scientist they are.  There are several types of sciences: Medical science, geology, chemistry, psychology, archaeology, zoology, meteorology, engineering; and that's just a few of them.

He also said "thousands", which is far from the total. In the US alone, there is over 500,000 scientist jobs. So worldwide, there is roughly 10 million scientist jobs.
TBH, I think his estimate of "thousands" is significantly low.

Ok, so geologists, chemists, archaeologists, zoologists, meteorologists, biologists and physicists that speak out against the big bang theory aren't taken very seriously.
Geologists, chemists, archaeologists, zoologists, meteorologists, biologists and physicists that speak out against evolution I don't really hear of, and ought to be out of a job.

(02-13-2013, 03:00 PM)durrrrr link Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

^This.
It wouldn't matter if 3.5 billion people believed that 2+2 = 5, it wouldn't make it correct.

(02-13-2013, 03:10 PM)ELABD link Wrote: i already did it kabom but still believe in islam and didn't find sm1who persuaded me with atheism

You're not going to be persuaded until you open your mind, and I mean truly open your mind to all influences and actually think (and think objectively) about everything that is said to you.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - evskiboy - 02-13-2013

I don't believe in any religion, i'm not an atheist either, i just find the stories of religion so unbelievable and unrealistic, hearing stuff about angels telling prophets and people rising from the dead. I just cannot believe that, i think there being an easter bunny or santa being just as plausible.

I don't believe it is fair for a child to be born into a religion, i think they should be able to make their own judgement and i am sure this is why many people believe in such religions because they are forced to believe it. If they were allowed to open their minds, i think they would realize some truths.

Just my opinion, i don't mean to offend and i am sorry if i did offend anybody.

I also believe religion was created to scare and control people back in the medievil ages.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - !TargetPractice! - 02-13-2013

(02-13-2013, 05:59 PM)evskiboy link Wrote: I don't believe it is fair for a child to be born into a religion, i think they should be able to make their own judgement and i am sure this is why many people believe in such religions because they are forced to believe it. If they were allowed to open their minds, i think they would realize some truths.

Well said, that is how my parents raised me, with options.  ;)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Shark - 02-13-2013

My children.

You need to live in peace. With a peaceful state of mind, like flowers' petals flying slowly through green fields invaded by sun rays which soothly warm the fields.

Ignore all things. Ignore all hatred. Get away from it. We are all beautiful animals, each beautiful in its' own way.

Turn Religion and Politics inexistant in your minds. Program yourselves.

breathe ...

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SWK]Dacads - 02-13-2013

There can't be peace with politics, why because war is a violent crime and with it there can never be peace ;)

Amen

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Shark - 02-13-2013

Spiritually, inside your own body. Of course this takes a certain degree and level of spirituality, not anyone can achieve it.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SWK]Dacads - 02-14-2013

Getting spiritual now are we ;)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Shark - 02-14-2013

Yes, because spirituality has to be religion related  |:(

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SWK]Dacads - 02-14-2013

You don't have to be religious to believe in spirituality or other norms such as the supernatural