Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Fuse - 12-08-2012

People can behave without thinking of god, jeez

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Nater - 12-08-2012

(12-07-2012, 11:18 PM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: Someone posted this on Facebook today:
"Something in me gets very angry and confused when I read a book by a BESTSELLING author (*caugh*, Depak Chopra,) who suggest that the solutions to life's problems have nothing to do with relying on God and everything to do with self awareness and consciousness.

As humans, it is in our nature to do bad things from birth. Without a belief in a higher being, a greater force of good, (a God), there would be no restriction. We would live according to our carnal desires and act upon every impulse without remorse. Hense, I don't believe any perminant solutions can arrise from merely knowing myself. To reach a pure level of awareness and ultimate happiness in life, we must know God through His words and understand the way He sees us, not the way we see ourselves.

To be a best selling author, a former physician and teacher, and not understand the simplicity of the fact that YOU JUST NEED GOD is scary. I now know that it is possible to be highly intelligent and foolish simultaneously."

Am I the only one who laughs at every single thing he said?

I laugh at "You just need God" When in actual fact you don't some people do other people I don't I am happy with the life I live without religion :)

(12-08-2012, 12:51 AM)Fuse link Wrote: People can behave without thinking of god, jeez
Indeed, We are called human for that very reason

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - KaBooM - 12-08-2012

(12-07-2012, 11:18 PM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: Someone posted this on Facebook today:
"Something in me gets very angry and confused when I read a book by a BESTSELLING author (*caugh*, Depak Chopra,) who suggest that the solutions to life's problems have nothing to do with relying on God and everything to do with self awareness and consciousness.

As humans, it is in our nature to do bad things from birth. Without a belief in a higher being, a greater force of good, (a God), there would be no restriction. We would live according to our carnal desires and act upon every impulse without remorse. Hense, I don't believe any perminant solutions can arrise from merely knowing myself. To reach a pure level of awareness and ultimate happiness in life, we must know God through His words and understand the way He sees us, not the way we see ourselves.

To be a best selling author, a former physician and teacher, and not understand the simplicity of the fact that YOU JUST NEED GOD is scary. I now know that it is possible to be highly intelligent and foolish simultaneously."

Am I the only one who laughs at every single thing he said?

Lol what's scary is that we can't do it ourselves and actually need to invent a God to "guide us".

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 12-08-2012

I merely sat here with a face of "is this dude for real?" when reading the quote Silent_Bob posted.

Actually, they've done several tests lately on the behaviour of humans. The conclusion was that human's primary acts are selfless. I think that kind of stomps all over the "bad since birth" argument. I'd love to provide the link, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 12-08-2012

I don't know if I should laugh at what Silent Bob quoted or grieve, knowing that the most powerful politicians here can make dumber statements and act upon them.

You need God to behave, that's true, in the same way you need an imaginary friend as an adult.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Silent_Bob - 12-08-2012

I don't believe in God and I do tons of stuff for other people. not because I feel forced to or because I think it's the right thing to do but because I want to. The simple fact that someone thinks they need some "higher power" in order to keep themselves in check and to make the right decisions is just bullshit.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 12-09-2012

It's unfortunate that Silent_Bob's quote represents the beliefs of many people, some of whom would refer to themselves as only 'moderately' religious. There's insurmountable evidence proving the opposite, but they've closed their ears to it. It's necessary for modern culture to become increasingly secular- because even if they've closed their minds, hopefully their children won't be brought up as poorly.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 12-09-2012

Speaking of narrow-minded people, here's a fun website http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/
And yes, some people still believe that the Earth is flat.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 12-09-2012

Son Beaten to Death For not Memorizing Koran

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - KaBooM - 12-09-2012

(12-09-2012, 04:58 PM)Maka link Wrote: Son Beaten to Death For not Memorizing Koran

Holy damn. My dad would sometimes beat me in the past for not memorising the Qur'an, but that woman is unbelievable.

Religion + Ignorance = Deadly disease.