Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 11-22-2012

(11-22-2012, 04:07 PM)KaBooM link Wrote: Indeed. If the whole religion is flawless and from "God" then why would you be ashamed from mentioning something prescribed in it?
Because it isn't, that's the answer.

I hate to sound contradictory, but there has been a new 'fatwa' allowing Muslims who inherited the religion to leave it without penalty, but that's only for people who were born Muslims.. So Muslims are still stuck with the dilemma of apostacy penalty for those who change their minds after deciding to become Muslims.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - KaBooM - 11-23-2012

(11-22-2012, 07:02 PM)M-Jeeli link Wrote: I hate to sound contradictory, but there has been a new 'fatwa' allowing Muslims who inherited the religion to leave it without penalty, but that's only for people who were born Muslims.. So Muslims are still stuck with the dilemma of apostacy penalty for those who change their minds after deciding to become Muslims.

Based on your reply I researched a lil bit...

http://www.islamweb.net/fatwa/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=50846

It's in Arabic, the part that matters to me says:

"من ثبت له حكم الإسلام بالدار أو بأحد أبويه ثم ارتد لم يقتل وحبس حتى يعود إلى الإسلام، ومن كان بالغا فأسلم بنفسه ثم ارتد قتل."

It means: "If it's proven that someone is born Muslim then apostates he shall not be killed, but imprisoned till he reverts back to Islam, and whoever embraces Islam by his own after reaching puberty and then apostates shall be killed."

So, it's basically the same, either embrace our religion or get imprisoned for life till you "repent", or get killed.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 11-23-2012

Disgusting.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 11-23-2012

(11-23-2012, 06:25 PM)KaBooM link Wrote: Based on your reply I researched a lil bit...

http://www.islamweb.net/fatwa/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=50846

It's in Arabic, the part that matters to me says:

"من ثبت له حكم الإسلام بالدار أو بأحد أبويه ثم ارتد لم يقتل وحبس حتى يعود إلى الإسلام، ومن كان بالغا فأسلم بنفسه ثم ارتد قتل."

It means: "If it's proven that someone is born Muslim then apostates he shall not be killed, but imprisoned till he reverts back to Islam, and whoever embraces Islam by his own after reaching puberty and then apostates shall be killed."

So, it's basically the same, either embrace our religion or get imprisoned for life till you "repent", or get killed.

We need to do something about this, we can't live like this forever.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 11-23-2012

(11-23-2012, 09:04 PM)M-Jeeli link Wrote: We need to do something about this, we can't live like this forever.
You can move to a different country?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - KaBooM - 11-24-2012

(11-23-2012, 10:03 PM)durrrrr link Wrote: You can move to a different country?

It isn't that easy. :/

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 11-24-2012

Dropping friends, family and a place to live- and moving country and trying to survive well enough there is a lot harder than pretending to be religious.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [NB]Zaibatsu - 11-24-2012

just record your dads face when u give him the big news, im sure ull get some views on youtube

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 11-24-2012

I would like to move to another country any time, but you can't just blink and find yourself there with everything you need to have a good life.

Quote:Zaibatsu link=topic=28190.msg434074#msg434074 date=1353739522]
just record your dads face when u give him the big news, im sure ull get some views on youtube

Or his dead body.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Gaahl - 11-24-2012

I haven't been reading new post from this topic for a long, long time. Maybe more than 1 year overall. When I used to actively participate in it, one of the main arguments used to be one of our muslim blindly defending his religion while some other guys tried to convince him about the opposite. I actually left this topic cause, as some of you might know, there is no way to argue with a muslim about his religion, muslim religion itself is actually MADE to make his believers follow it without second thoughts and think about it as a flawless religion.

Coming back from a quite long period of time, I am happily surprised to see 2 former muslims growing legitimate doubts on their religion. Not since I am an atheist myself and want you to be atheist too, that would be selfish and would have no sense as everyone should develop their own opinion on spirituality and therefore their religion. But actually seeing someone growing doubts and questions on a brainwashing religion such as Islam when you were born and raised with that makes me really happy. I would be happy even if you went back to Islam again, just by the sole fact it is a ponderated and self-chosen thing, and not imposed by someone else.

I'm proud of you guys, never stop asking questions (especially to yourself) and come to your own conclusions, not the ones your family, society or religion state. Good luck with everything guys, the world needs more people like you ;)