Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [NB]Zaibatsu - 11-21-2012

what about jews and santa?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - KaBooM - 11-21-2012

(11-21-2012, 05:41 AM)M-Jeeli link Wrote: Sorry, but that's not my problem.
In addition to what Maddolis said, that's how any religion is, just complete utter nonsense.

Yeah, I feel sorry for him too.
So you knew that I've been on the dark side long ago? Haha was my acting so obviously fake?

Haha it was so obvious.

Quote:Zaibatsu link=topic=28190.msg433955#msg433955 date=1353479739]
u cant be serious WTF lmao

[Image: I+am+going+full+retard+right+now+please+...8ccf27.png]

I am serious, this is my last year in highschool and I'm trying not to mess anything up, because my dad pays for school and I'm living in his house. He already threatened to kick me out of the house when he noticed I wasn't praying at the mosque. (mj you should know the feeling lol)
Imagine what he would do if he noticed I wasn't praying at all.
After that, imagine what he would do if he knew I left religion at once.

... Yea.

is this 21st century or am i seeing thins? seriously wtf dad gonna kick u outta house if u dont believe in god?  _O-

where does these kind of sad ppl come from? india?

Quote:Zaibatsu link=topic=28190.msg433962#msg433962 date=1353491441]
is this 21st century or am i seeing thins? seriously wtf dad gonna kick u outta house if u dont believe in god?  _O-

where does these kind of sad ppl come from? india?

Sadly, my dad lives in the 6th century.

Oh and they come from every where in the Islamic world, they all happen to live in the 6th century, unless there are a few understanding people. The majority are like that though.

I'm just going to endure this year, but next year when I go to college he won't be able to tell me a thing.

np just live your dads life dont mind yours lmao

what about if he finds out that u are having sex???

oh wait..

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - IDmad - 11-21-2012

Quote:Zaibatsu link=topic=28190.msg433962#msg433962 date=1353491441]
^This

It's pretty sad to see what religion does to some people. First they teach children to believe in imaginary things and when the kids grow older they're forced to stay with the religion the rest of their lives or they'll get rejected by their family and other relatives.  :/

When/if I have kids at some point of my life I won't teach them any religious views at all when they're young but instead let them choose themself if they want to believe in some deity or not.
I'm atheist myself but I wouldn't condemn them if they chose to believe in a deity. If believing in something helps u as a human being then I'm fine with it. If I started telling my kids that there's no god etc. I'd be guilty as well in teaching my children a certain world view which they haven't chosen and that's something I don't want to do.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 11-21-2012

Lol Zai, your head would be in mid-air by now if you were introduced to an Islamic court.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SWK]Nemesis - 11-21-2012

Heres the thing

If the earth was to be wiped clean right now, humanity restarted if you will, in time we'd learn stuff like gravity physics science etc, and okay maybe we'd invent new units of measuring etc, but when put into proportion with the old, these truths would be the same as before earth was wiped clean

But it is indisputable that we cannot say the same about religion, the exact same religion would be rediscovered, because it wasn't discovered or shown to us by a prophet who saw a god or any of that in the first place, maybe people would think up new gods, but never the same ones as before. Why? Because they were made up

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 11-21-2012

Ahh good luck with the situation with your fathers guys, it's unfortunate that you risk physical injury and being cut off from family and friends due to having an open mind. If we wish to live in a truly multicultural society (which is upon us, particularly with the internet), these archaic beliefs and ridiculously oppressive schemes have to be put to an end, or at least watered down until they're benign.

(11-21-2012, 05:30 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Ahh good luck with the situation with your fathers guys, it's unfortunate that you risk physical injury and being cut off from family and friends due to having an open mind. If we wish to live in a truly multicultural society (which is upon us, particularly with the internet), these archaic beliefs and ridiculously oppressive schemes have to be put to an end, or at least watered down until they're benign.

Indeed, but how?