Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 04-05-2012

(04-04-2012, 04:28 PM)M-Jeeli link Wrote: I can rephrase your question like this: Should one believe in evolution/disbelieve in God just for his own psychological safety?

btw durrrr, if scientists agreed that there's no intelligent God in this universe it doesn't mean it's the truth.
It's not about believing in evolution. It's a fact. God isn't. And if scientists world-widely would state that God doesn't exist, that would be based with strong arguments.

(04-04-2012, 03:53 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: durrrr it's not the well-known scientists from there only, we also got modern ones, you can find some in Quantum physics
Don't know any. Name some.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - STyL4 - 04-05-2012

(04-05-2012, 01:17 PM)durrrrr link Wrote: It's not about believing in evolution. It's a fact. God isn't. And if scientists world-widely would state that God doesn't exist, that would be based with strong arguments.
Don't know any. Name some.

Scientists cannot say there is no God and if you don't know Quantum mind explained in Quantum pyhsics you'd know why many modern scientists do not strongly disagree with it. :)

Also about believing in evolution... Evolution is and will always be, but if you mean Darwin's theory about Evolution then yes, there are some info in there that can't be considered as fact.

(04-05-2012, 01:42 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: Scientists cannot say there is no God and if you don't know Quantum mind explained in Quantum pyhsics you'd know why many modern scientists do not strongly disagree with it. :)

Also about believing in evolution... Evolution is and will always be, but if you mean Darwin's theory about Evolution then yes, there are some info in there that can't be considered as fact.
I'm talking about evolution in general. It exists, it's logical, it's proven, it's a fact. And about 'Quantum mind', as you said, don't even use that bullcrap in the same context as quantum physics. One is a crackpot subject, the other is a branch of science. And I still didn't get a single name from you.

Quantum consciousness clearly is related to Quantum physics unless you can't read.

Charles Hard Townes

Ian Barbour

Freeman Dyson

Antonino Zichichi

John Polkinghorne

Owen Gingerich

John T. Houghton

R. J. Berry

Michał Heller

Ghillean Prance

Donald Knuth

Eric Priest

Christopher Isham

Henry F. Schaefer, III

Robert T. Bakker

Kenneth R. Miller

Francis Collins

Simon C. Morris

John D. Barrow

Denis Alexander

Stephen Barr

Martin Nowak

Larry Wall

(04-05-2012, 03:59 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: Quantum consciousness clearly is related to Quantum physics unless you can't read.
In that case, the movie "What the bleep do we know?!" is educational... It's not. Read how the science community reacted to these ideas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_Bleep_Do_We_Know!%3F#Reception

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 04-05-2012

So what do you know about quantum physics?
How does the study of particles on a sub-atomic level convince scientists that there could possibly be a god? There's none of that, you're just recycling some unsubstantiated bullshit that somebody probably told you a couple of weeks ago.
Plus the actual field of quantum physics is so deep and difficult to be proficiently knowledgeable about, I don't know where you get off telling us to look into it. Oh yeah, I'll just wikipedia "quantum physics" and I'll understand why god is a believable concept and gain a basic understanding of how small fractions of particles (that are so small themselves that they're invisible to the naked eye) work over the next 10 minutes.

Sure, many scientists don't say "there is no god," just as they don't say "there is no flying spaghetti monster."

(04-04-2012, 05:12 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: If there were proofs  behind everything it wasn't Religion then.
The god of the gaps argument is old and stale.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 04-05-2012

Man, I'm so over the whole 'trying to convince someone else' thing. It's a waste of time.
That being said, only even talking about a subject like this makes me feel like we're still living in the bloody Middle Ages. I live in "the modern world", and I'm rather fond of it.

Example of my point on what I am related to :

Quantum God Episode Two: Properties of the Universal Orch-OR

And Maddolis since when is quantum physics related to study of particles on a sub-atomic level ONLY? You're just pointing out the basics and saying that it doesn't prove God (not that it should), ofcourse it doesn't because that's not what it is on about only lol. I'm just telling you that denying the subject that is way bigger than you think is just too arrogant and makes you too one-sided

Also durrrr, the way you sum up my things are just wrong, argument in a debate is never based on only one example to make your point valid.

It's funny how in that video the author sort of combines uncertainty principle with the idea of free will. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle doesn't hold (is irrelevant) for objects larger than a few medium sized molecules. Oh, and holographic IS NOT the 'foundational' principle of quantum theory of gravity.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maka - 04-05-2012

How does denying something make a person "one-sided"? There are people out there denying the holocaust. Does that make them one-sided?
If I deny that there is peanut butter in the kitchen, does that also make me one-sided then? That's just how ridiculous it is.
A jar of mustard could be "bigger" than you, because in actuality, it really is, isn't it? That jar of mustard is on television screens in commercials. Are you? I don't think so.

Hell, I could make it even more simple: If someone states that there is a God, does that not make them one-sided? It's the same shit.