Las Venturas Playground
[Serious Discussion] Religion - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [Serious Discussion] Religion (/thread-26936.html)

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 02-21-2012

No.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - inno - 02-21-2012

Yes

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - 0Target0 - 02-21-2012

It's not even that guy who speaks. What a fail again.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - durrrrr - 02-21-2012

As a response to ELABD's video:

I tried to watch this with an open mind. Though, I did not abandon my logic so here are some aspects that I can't fully agree with:

1) The Muslim man at the beginning says that we must pay attention to God's creations and gives some examples, such as language, colors and cultures. I fail to see how any of these would be direct creations of God.

2) The part about our vision. Why does he find it surprising that we can see, that nerve impulses allow us to see colors and light? Who cares that a man's brain is in a complete darkness. And about the accumulation of atoms for complex systems to form... This one, I will govern below.

3) Descartes. I don't understand how Descartes, by doubting if there's a God proved God's existence (he doubted, therefore he was thinking, therefore there's a God. Seriously, what the hell?).

4) Fred Hoyle and his Boeing 747 forming from a tornado. Actually, if we consider the size of the Universe (not only observable, but all the universe) it is quite possible to happen. We don't even have to look too far away for quantum effects - Sun is a great example. Quantum tunneling happens there every second, while this event for single particles is not that common.

An opposition to Fred Hoyle is Stephen Hawking. He claims that Universal laws of physics determine if a Universe is suitable for the living or no (let alone things like planet's surface temperature, day/night cycle, etc.). Hawking also said, that there's no room for God - everything formed just thanks to physics and its laws. If we happen to live on this planet, it's only because the appropriate environmental conditions.

Also, if the Multiverse theory is right, then there exists an infinite number of Universes, all with different laws of physics. So ours is just one of the many universes, and it happens to have laws that support the existence of life.

5) Jeffry Bada, Louis Pasteur and their denial of Darwin's theory of Evolution. I don't see how these two men single-handedly disproved the theory. They didn't. If they were, no one would ever even consider thinking if it's right or not. Don't be ignorant and look it up on the wikipedia - there are plenty of things, even in the human body, which are results of evolution.

I want to point out as well, that quotations from your holy book don't prove anything. These quotations need to be proved themselves. I can write a book which supports the heliocentric model, but that doesn't mean that I proved Sun is the centre of the Universe.

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - [SWK]Nemesis - 02-22-2012

Can god create a stone he cannot lift?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Nater - 02-22-2012

Quote:Nemesis link=topic=28190.msg416121#msg416121 date=1329876659]
Yes, But Chuck Norris will be able to life it with his CHIN!!!!!

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 02-22-2012

Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Nater - 02-23-2012

(02-22-2012, 02:23 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
_O- Rofl, Burritos kick ass

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Tuism - 03-07-2012

no... yes

wait...

yes.. no

omg

Re: [Serious Discussion] Religion - Maddolis - 03-08-2012

(03-27-2011, 05:13 PM)Hitman link Wrote: - Please understand that this is a sensitive topic to discuss. There was another religion topic before which got locked due to flaming. Only reply to this topic if you want to take part in the discussion in a serious and mature manner. Any comments that show the slightest sign of disrespect, flaming, trolling will be deleted and the poster will receive a 2-week forum mute.

This is bullshit. Religion doesn't deserve any special treatment and should be dealt with in the same way as opinions on sports, politics, music and the like.