Las Venturas Playground
Sleep Paralysis - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Sleep Paralysis (/thread-26694.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Sleep Paralysis - [SWK]Nemesis - 02-22-2011

Thought I'd share this with you all, has anyone else ever had something like this, I've researched it apaprently its natural, and almost every person will witness it atleast once in their lifetime.

I Had this waking up this morning, easily one of the most terrifying minutes of my life, I woke up today at 7AM (Checked the time afterwards thats how I know), realized it was too early for University because it was still dark, as I tried to turn to my side however I noticed I couldn't, I was stuck.

I started to hear a loud ringing noise, when I say loud I mean DEFEANING, and I could see a light on my ceiling, I was starting to panic because I couldn't move so i tried harder, but after about 20 seconds I gave up, my eyes could move and It was as if something was in the room and had a grip on my body but I couldn't see anything, by about 40 seconds my eyes rolled back, from being so tired and I honestly thought I was done for

Sounds crazy but its a real thing: http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1740

Has anyone else had this problem?

Re: Sleep Paralysis - MidNight - 02-22-2011

aliens

Re: Sleep Paralysis - Maka - 02-22-2011

Can't recall ever having had that, but a friend of mine used to have stuff like this.

Re: Sleep Paralysis - Beethi - 02-22-2011

I had twice already. One when I was small and one recently (maybe 1 month ago). It felt like i was being abducted. I remember I could see a very bright light and hear loud sounds. It was the worst thing ever, terrifying! I couldnt move at allĀ  ;(

Re: Sleep Paralysis - thiaZ - 02-22-2011

Oh shit, you scared me, I never had things like this but... oh my god I don't know what I would have done in your situation.

Re: Sleep Paralysis - [SWK]Nemesis - 02-22-2011

(02-22-2011, 09:33 PM)Beethi link Wrote: I had twice already. One when I was small and one recently (maybe 1 month ago). It felt like i was being abducted. I remember I could see a very bright light and hear loud sounds. It was the worst thing ever, terrifying! I couldnt move at allĀ  ;(

That was one of the many thoughts going on in my head too :S

(02-22-2011, 09:34 PM)thiaZ link Wrote: Oh shit, you scared me, I never had things like this but... oh my god I don't know what I would have done in your situation.

Trust me, Im in no way suicidal but after 40 seconds I was thinking "Just fucking do it already" - I had no idea about something like this until googling it just now, atleast now if it ever does happen to you, you know your not being abducted, or your brains being blown up

Re: Sleep Paralysis - Maka - 02-22-2011

Well, for the guys that have had this already, I have a question: You felt like you were being abducted (by aliens, I presume). What's the story then if you don't actually believe in crap like that?

Re: Sleep Paralysis - MidNight - 02-22-2011

yeh you all say that you couldnt move, hear a loud noice and a bright light on the seeling...

btv i cant read that explanation at the link you posted nemesis coz thats some true 1337
english gramar, literaly blowing me away, and im the best english student in my class... D:

Re: Sleep Paralysis - [SWK]Nemesis - 02-22-2011

Well I kinda do believe in stuff like paranormal and extra terrestrial, but I didn't think that was the case AT FIRST, but what you gotta understand is it lasted for around a minute, the panic buildup was intense, the noise just started getting louder I was trying to rationalize what the hell was going on, and Aliens was the only thing making sense to me.

But in all honesty, even after reading these articles on sleep paralysis, I don't know what the fuck it was, and Im slightly skeptical about the whole thing being 'natural' EDIT: BUT at the same time, I don't think it was an alien abduction lol, or anything extra terrestrial

@Midnight: the article basically says its not a alien abduction, its just a natural thing that happens sometimes, and it lists all the symptoms you get

Re: Sleep Paralysis - Blackbean - 02-22-2011

(02-22-2011, 09:48 PM)MidNight link Wrote: yeh you all say that you couldnt move, hear a loud noice and a bright light on the seeling...

btv i cant read that explanation at the link you posted nemesis coz thats some true 1337
english gramar, literaly blowing me away, and im the best english student in my class... D:
your class is retarded or smth?