Las Venturas Playground
Top 10 LVP fighters - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Main Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Top 10 LVP fighters (/thread-23515.html)

Re: Top 10 LVP fighters - [SWK]Nemesis - 07-30-2010

What most people don't get is that there isn't a fixed top 10, and hell their never will be, there won't be a number one fighter of RW or WW in SAMP simply because of these factors

1. The changes in Lag, sometimes you might be laggy sometimes you might not be, Different servers Different countries all that bullshit that can give you an advantage over one player at one certain time can make you the better opponent on one day, and then the latter the next.

2. If your better against someone one month, whats to say they can't just train and kick your ass the next

Oh and finally

3. Fighting Techniques. No offence to players like ioutHO, you cannot have the be all end all fighting tactic, Sure you may be good and hell I'm just average right, But what you might find hard, I might find easy, and vice versa, there is no universial fighting style that can defeat all others, and their never will be, thats the beauty of SA:MP. The best you can do is have a technique, a style that works against alot of people, which makes you a candidate for best fighter, but Never the winner

To wrap it up quickly
SA:MP is like Pokemon, Your all different elements that might be effective against some but not very effective against others, its a cycle, a loop, you won't find the Exact Top 10, So its best you stop arguing and understand your list is your view, and their list is their view, and none of them are authentic

Re: Top 10 LVP fighters - Hitman - 07-30-2010

Quote:Nemesis link=topic=24715.msg328136#msg328136 date=1280513868]
What most people don't get is that there isn't a fixed top 10, and hell their never will be, there won't be a number one fighter of RW or WW in SAMP simply because of these factors

1. The changes in Lag, sometimes you might be laggy sometimes you might not be, Different servers Different countries all that bullshit that can give you an advantage over one player at one certain time can make you the better opponent on one day, and then the latter the next.

2. If your better against someone one month, whats to say they can't just train and kick your ass the next

Oh and finally

3. Fighting Techniques. No offence to players like ioutHO, you cannot have the be all end all fighting tactic, Sure you may be good and hell I'm just average right, But what you might find hard, I might find easy, and vice versa, there is no universial fighting style that can defeat all others, and their never will be, thats the beauty of SA:MP. The best you can do is have a technique, a style that works against alot of people, which makes you a candidate for best fighter, but Never the winner

To wrap it up quickly
SA:MP is like Pokemon, Your all different elements that might be effective against some but not very effective against others, its a cycle, a loop, you won't find the Exact Top 10, So its best you stop arguing and understand your list is your view, and their list is their view, and none of them are authentic

Mewtew > all

top 1

Re: Top 10 LVP fighters - HoldeN - 07-31-2010

Spot on right there, Nemesis. :P

But, but, HaZe should make a special come-back just to train me again :'(

Re: Top 10 LVP fighters - Maddolis - 07-31-2010

Quote:Nemesis link=topic=24715.msg328136#msg328136 date=1280513868] there is no universial fighting style that can defeat all others, and their never will be, thats the beauty of SA:MP.

Oh shit, I never taught you my style, did I?

Re: Top 10 LVP fighters - [SWK]Nemesis - 07-31-2010

(07-31-2010, 07:07 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: Oh shit, I never taught you my style, did I?

I'm not the guy you should of faced, should be rhymes, His tactic (which he partially taught me) changed considering his enemy, he'd figure out their weakness and then fight in a way as to exploit it, his movement and timing of shots would change specific to the enemies fighting style, its only SA:MP but he made everything so precise. He be Darth Vader.

Re: Top 10 LVP fighters - Fat Cobra - 07-31-2010

Quote:Nemesis link=topic=24715.msg328273#msg328273 date=1280569044]
I'm not the guy you should of faced, should be rhymes, His tactic (which he partially taught me) changed considering his enemy, he'd figure out their weakness and then fight in a way as to exploit it, his movement and timing of shots would change specific to the enemies fighting style, its only SA:MP but he made everything so precise. He be Darth Vader.
pretty obv most gd ppl can change their style against different ppl

Re: Top 10 LVP fighters - [SWK]Nemesis - 07-31-2010

(07-31-2010, 10:57 AM)Fat Cobra link Wrote: pretty obv most gd ppl can change their style against different ppl

Definitely true also :)

Re: Top 10 LVP fighters - Maddolis - 07-31-2010

Yeah I gotta agree with that, same when you're jumping on other servers- you may be losing the fight for the first half or first quarter, but when you figure out their movement patterns (and, to a more advanced level, their shooting patterns), the latter half can be completely different.

I posted this on the [W] forum a couple of years ago, but considering barely any W play sa-mp (to my knowledge) and most people I cared for have quit already, there's no point letting good tactics go to waste (as they'd still apply in today's inferior 0.3 game with easier opponents than the good old days :P </rant>).

Quote:I think its due for another tactics-oriented post. Caution: this may be a long one. Heat up some popcorn, grab a beer, stick on some glasses to feel smart and enjoy.

1v1:
I'd like to consider myself a force to be reckoned with 1v1, and I know I win the vast majority of my duels.
I'm hard to hit, partially contributed to my ping, but here's basically how I do things.
-My most recent fighting style I've developed can be separated most simply into 2 parts: offence, and defence.
Offence: Instead of looking for the hitbox straight away, I'd look for the movement style straight away. I'd learn their style, look for patterns and basically predict where they're gonna move next. If they're running to the right, and I have sawnoffs, I wont fire all 4 in the one spot, but the first 2 in one spot followed by the next 2 slightly to the right of that. Depending on the person's hitbox/lag/ping (I haven't got this worked out 100% yet), sometimes when they begin the turn, I'll shoot in the opposite direction to the way they turn (eg they turn to the right of my screen, I'll start right and shoot left with my sawnoffs)- if after a couple of tries this does no damage, then go back to shooting in the same direction- it is fucking lethal when you have their hitbox.
After you learn their movement style, you learn their hitbox (you'll often hear people say "I lost your hitbox"- or at least I do, this is actually due to them losing your MOVEMENT STYLE, as you dont lose a hitbox unless they have a jumpy ping).
So, a rundown on offence:
Step 1: Learn their movement style.
Step 2: Find their hitbox.
Step 3: Laugh at their corpse and take the "autoaim noob" insults (compliments, IMO).

Defence: This is what I have most recently worked on, and something I'm more proud of.
I get a lot of crap for having an 'impossible hitbox' and being a lagger from enemies- of course, I know they're just excuses because those very same enemies cut down other 350 pingers like a knife through butter- but there are strong defensive tactics (movement).
I'm sure you're all familiar with kiting and whatever other tactics/hiding behind obstacles and that, so I'll cut to the chase. How does one dodge more effectively in an open area?
Instead of trying to "move randomly," I try to read their SHOOTING style. It gets tough after you try reading their movement style as well as their shooting style, but you can keep things relatively simple.
Eg. When I see my enemies finish shooting with their uzis/tecs, they switch to their sawnoffs, and all of a sudden I'll sprint the same way I'm moving, or I'll sprint in the opposite direction. Not only will I alter my movement direction, but my speed as well. If I switch direction twice in a row or I feel that they're catching onto that, I'll just sprint in the same direction so they waste 4 sawnoffs. I try to synchronize myself so that I'm NOT firing uzis/tecs while they're doing their sawnoffs- because you're only jogging at that time, and easier to hit.
On the flip side of the coin, I also try to hit them whilst they're using their uzis/tecs- easier to hit them.

Basically, this can be broken down like so:
-"Read" their movement patterns, and fire on them accordingly. Find the movement, and the hitbox is easy to find. How fast can you find a hitbox when someone's jogging in a straight line? 1-2 seconds. Its because you know where they're moving. Learn where they move, and the hitbox will come naturally.
-"Read" their shooting patterns. Move according to THEIR SHOOTING, not what YOU think is "RANDOM."
As much as you'd think you're moving randomly (or if you put on progressive rock and move to the beats... heh heh), so long as you're aiming at them, you won't be moving completely randomly and you WILL have patterns, and your movement can be predicted.
Move according to them, not according to some mystical 'random' force.

tl;dr version:
Hi there.
You obviously don't care to better your fighting techniques and don't know a great teacher when you see one, so go fuck yourself.
Thanks!

Hope you enjoy.

Re: Top 10 LVP fighters - BoSS3 - 07-31-2010

i own u all

Re: Top 10 LVP fighters - HaZe - 07-31-2010

(07-31-2010, 08:22 PM)BoSS3 link Wrote: i own u all
<3