Las Venturas Playground
[C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Main Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Complaints & Reports (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-20.html)
+---- Forum: Dealt With Complaints (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-21.html)
+---- Thread: [C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] (/thread-19262.html)

Pages: 1 2

[C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - SAFC - 07-15-2009

Is it some kind of joke?

Re-introducing the random vehicle spawner. Which everyone hates, because now with this awesome random vehicle spawner, your opponant in a fight gets to warp behind you in the blink of an eye and back shoot you.

You got noobs who lag and warp already claiming they're good. Now you cant even see anyone in the same place for a split second because they're all teleporting around the screen.

Honestly, the random vehicle spawner was a nice idea. But learn to accept when something just isnt right for the server. Learn to accept when you've made a mistake.

The server lags like shit already anyway, worse than most i've played on.

Seriously, LVP used to be good. But you guys are really killing it.

Now for the suggestion...

Let Peter and Mike do most of the scripting. They did an awesome job with the other versions, everything was more efficient, plus im sure they were more than capable of accepting when they made a mistake on something and when it wasnt right for te server or players.

Re: [C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - Richard - 07-15-2009

You have such a wrong view on things.

Mike never scripted a single line for LVP, Peter isn't busy with LVP anymore.

The random carspawner got reintroduced because, according to Jay, it wasn't the cause of the lag. Pugwipe found a cause of lag yesterday and commited a fix, which is live as we speak.
But yes, I noticed the lag myself too, everyone warps like hell.

I suggested to take it out again until it doesn't cause lag(not sure if it's that, but seeing it lags way more then it used to, kinda obvious).

Quote:Honestly, the random vehicle spawner was a nice idea. But learn to accept when something just isnt right for the server. Learn to accept when you've made a mistake.

The server lags like shit already anyway, worse than most i've played on.

Seriously, LVP used to be good. But you guys are really killing it.

This is pure bullshit though, see above for why.

Re: [C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - SAFC - 07-15-2009

The so called cause of lag hasn't been solved. I was in this morning and every sincle player on there was warping.

I said the idea was nice. Not that it was a good one, messing around with vehicles is always going to cause lag, especially when theres a shit load of other stuff causing lag.

And Peter may not be busy with it anymore, but im sure he wouldn't have had this gamemode released in the condition its in.

I suggest to open the regular server with 2.8 on it, what harm can it cause? Apart from some damaged pride, if it becomes more popular than the main server.

Re: [C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - Richard - 07-15-2009

I'm pretty sure going back to 2.8 won't change a lot as for people playing.
And an extra server(we tried that before, twice without any luck) will only cost extra money.

Re: [C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - SAFC - 07-15-2009

Atleast with 2.8 you could play and have a good game.

2.9 has brought nothing bug lag and annoying bugs.

Which is why so many people stopped playing as much.

Re: [C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - Jay - 07-16-2009

You seem to be forgetting something.

When 2.90 was made live, a day beforehand Las Venturas Playground moved from serverFFS to a new server. 2.90 is a much faster, optimized gamemode compared to 2.85. I've ran numerous performance tests to prove this.

The random vehicle spawner will not cause lag. It was highly optimized for build 30. Even before the optimizations, there was nothing intense about the feature to cause any lag at all. The only changes that could have possibly decreased the server performance for build 30 are that of the MySQL database, but that goes beyond my knowledge.

Re: [C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - SAFC - 07-17-2009

If you are sure it isnt the vehicle spawner, then how come the lag isnt so bad without the vehicle spawner?

I'm not the only player to notice the increased amount of lag and that everyone seems to be warping since the random vehicle spawner was put back in.

Also, if 2.9 is faster and more optimized than 2.8 that must mean the new server is seriously bad. Which also means LVP is accepting donations from regular players, but not delivering good standards

This is a pm from Mafo, he asked me to post this since its not open for all at the moment.

(07-16-2009, 07:20 PM)Martin™ link Wrote:Hey Outbreak.

I totally agree with you in the CSI board where you are complaining about the lag,
after the vehicle spawner. And I've though to post a CSI too, nice you did it.
Almost all the active playing in the LVP community have been complaining about the lag.
And like we all though, it did come after the vehicle spawner (Jay) decision to put it back.

I've notice this by my self, and everyone is warping like hell.
And I agree with estroe to take it off, until the lag is fixed, and after that, put it back on.

I've seen it boring playing on the LVP server after this BIG warping thing.
So my opinion is to remove it, or find out what does cause this big warping thing.
Everyday I'm ingame trying to kill somebody, they warp/to time to time.

And I see also all the time, that there are someone complaining about this every time.

EDIT: Post this as a PM from me in the CSI board. PM from Mafo.
And after that, I'm sure the topic will be opened for ''Open discussion''.

:w

Thanks for the reply.

Re: [C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - Jay - 07-17-2009

(07-17-2009, 01:49 PM)SAFC link Wrote: If you are sure it isnt the vehicle spawner, then how come the lag isnt so bad without the vehicle spawner?

Re-read my previous post:

(07-16-2009, 06:56 PM)Jay link Wrote: The random vehicle spawner will not cause lag. It was highly optimized for build 30. Even before the optimizations, there was nothing intense about the feature to cause any lag at all. The only changes that could have possibly decreased the server performance for build 30 are that of the MySQL database, but that goes beyond my knowledge.

(07-17-2009, 01:49 PM)SAFC link Wrote: Also, if 2.9 is faster and more optimized than 2.8 that must mean the new server is seriously bad. Which also means LVP is accepting donations from regular players, but not delivering good standards

I didn't say the server wasn't as good, I said the gamemode was faster. 2.90 introduced other new features along with the new gamemode that could effect the servers performance.

At the PM:

No it won't be moved to open for discussion. There is simply no need.

Re: [C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - SAFC - 07-17-2009

If the new gamemode is more efficient and optimized, it shouldnt, in theory, lag on a good server.

Before 2.9 was released, 2.8 moved to the current server. A lot of people noticed a change in performance, the server was pretty laggy, barely playable at around 60 players. Totally unplayable at 100.

Now with 2.9, apparently being better. The server is basically unplayable at around 40+ players. Everyone is warping and 6 - 10+ shotting.

(07-16-2009, 06:56 PM)Jay link Wrote: The random vehicle spawner will not cause lag. It was highly optimized for build 30. Even before the optimizations, there was nothing intense about the feature to cause any lag at all. The only changes that could have possibly decreased the server performance for build 30 are that of the MySQL database, but that goes beyond my knowledge.

You said this was a change in the .30 build. But when 2.9 was first live. The server was extremely laggy, and as soon as the random vehicle spawner was removed, the lag decreased. It still remained laggy, just not as severe.

It would be interesting to see the results of a poll. Where the players vote on which things to keep and remove. Open a topic and allow people to suggest features they see as dispensable. And if they'd rather have a server full of one time glance features or a nice smoothe stable server as it used to be.

Just out of interest thats all. To see what people think.

Another thing with the vehcile handler. Vehicles are being left empty for a long time, after use. Leaving around 15+ vehicles in popular areas, which makes it laggy. Their respawn delay seems way too long.

Re: [C]L L L L La Laa LL Laa g g LAAAGG and [S] - Jay - 07-17-2009

(07-17-2009, 08:27 PM)SAFC link Wrote: If the new gamemode is more efficient and optimized, it shouldnt, in theory, lag on a good server.

The server is not just handling the gamemode though. It's handling the MySQL database as well.

(07-17-2009, 08:27 PM)SAFC link Wrote: Before 2.9 was released, 2.8 moved to the current server. A lot of people noticed a change in performance, the server was pretty laggy, barely playable at around 60 players. Totally unplayable at 100.

Now with 2.9, apparently being better. The server is basically unplayable at around 40+ players. Everyone is warping and 6 - 10+ shotting.

You said this was a change in the .30 build. But when 2.9 was first live. The server was extremely laggy, and as soon as the random vehicle spawner was removed, the lag decreased. It still remained laggy, just not as severe.

We ran over five public betas of Las Venturas Playground 2.90 on a server that wasn't as powerful as the main server. We averaged 60 players in those betas, hitting a record at one point, IIRC, of 90 players. The gamemode had many more features in that public beta than what the live gamemode has (such as Hidden Packages, a Haystack minigame, the random vehicle spawner, The SaveInfo handler and a Drifting system). In those betas, the MySQL database were only active for the last two. We monitored performance for every beta test and noticed instabilities in the last two public betas, which if I remember correctly, were never fixed due to time running short. But I can't confirm that.

We have just been discussing the lag issues in the current build and come to the conclusion that the issues are indeed the MySQL database. I'm also under suspision of possible memory leaks in the plugin the MySQL database uses, which has actually been confirmed and fixed, but it's doubtful that the plugin has been updated.

(07-17-2009, 08:27 PM)SAFC link Wrote: It would be interesting to see the results of a poll. Where the players vote on which things to keep and remove. Open a topic and allow people to suggest features they see as dispensable. And if they'd rather have a server full of one time glance features or a nice smoothe stable server as it used to be.

Just out of interest thats all. To see what people think.

Be my guest. I already explained how 2.90 is a faster gamemode than 2.85, I can't stress this point any further.

(07-17-2009, 08:27 PM)SAFC link Wrote: Another thing with the vehcile handler. Vehicles are being left empty for a long time, after use. Leaving around 15+ vehicles in popular areas, which makes it laggy. Their respawn delay seems way too long.

As far as I know the vehicle respawn timer is SA:MP's default one, but I can't 100% guarantee this. Your probably best speaking to Fireburn or writing a ticket.