Las Venturas Playground
Radio Management (task)list - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Main Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: LVP Radio (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Radio Management (task)list (/thread-17000.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Radio Management (task)list - tBKwtWS - 03-16-2009

We have had this board shortly now, ever since Peter's proposal to incorporate LVPRadio in the the LVP community. I do not wish to tell people what to do but we need structure, so lets start getting organized as this was the whole point of that.

Current radio management with access to this board:[table]
[tr][td]Cyrix404[/td][td]cyrix404@sa-mp.nl[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fist[/td][td]jack.dunn@live.com[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Raymond[/td][td]devcube.president@gmail.com [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]tBKwtwS[/td][td]tBKwtWS@sa-mp.nl tBKwtWS@xs4all.nl[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]TEF[/td][td]failure@sa-mp.nl[/td][/tr]
[/table]
Management List
  • Fist - Scheduling, website design/master, ?Talkshow?

• Cyrix404 - Smackbot developer, technical support, beta tester

• TEF - IRC/forum moderation and administration

• tBKwtWS - LVP Management
Additions to Fists list:
  • Raymond - ?Hosting?

• Cave - LVPradio bot Dev

• Griffin - ?

* Bold nicknames have responded to this post.
* Tasks in between question marks are guesses and need to be confirmed.

Please reply with your present/past tasks/responsibilities. I am not completely aware of what everyone does, as I imagine do others.
After we have established who has done what and who is not responding or not willing to continue as radio management, we can add and divide/assign the remaining management tasks and update the Fists management list.

There are a few tasks that have not been assigned yet:
  • The Dj applications need to be manganed and the radio crew maintained.

• On the talkshow, like Fist did, somoene should make sure we have different hosts that show up and producing nice shows.
    Manage the archive of recorded talk shows and decide to run a recording when we have no hosts.

This person will also hold end responsibility for the talk show and should govern the topics submitted by hosts to prevent the show discussing the same topics to often.
    If all these tasks are combined then this person can make fair decisions on who gets to air, considering their usual amout of listeners, the quality of their topics and such.

If you disagree in how I grouped a few tasks together in the last paragraph, please propose a better way and or if you think other tasks should be added, please, post!

When the management is organized we can properly arrange the crew.
(03-16-2009, 07:34 PM)Fist link Wrote: Fist's non-management roles
There are currently a few people making bots, including Wesley, and gods_cousin, I have asked Wesley to stop making his bot, but he wants to do it, so we will have to see which one is the best.

Please do not edit my post, but tell me what you want changed...

Re: Geting organised as Radio management and then organiasing the radio! - Cyrix404 - 03-16-2009

I do broadcast talkshows as I have the equipment so as such a task is not as much of a challenge as opposed to others who are restricted to 1 pc or such. Also, I host the famous SmackBot, which has been filling in for DaBot, and I have added extra functions that are beneficial to LVP radio. I also provide Tech support, and participate in testing future features

Re: Radio Management (task)list - TEF - 03-16-2009

The IRC managers have given up their channels to Badeend, as Las Venturas Playground has finally made LVP Radio official (by taking it over :+). I currently have no job within the LVP Radio management, except that I'm a moderator for the LVP Radio sub-forums and groups (but only because Fireburn needed someone to help him out). :+ I can still manage IRC channels, but I don't think that's any good reason for me to stay in the management. If anyone comes up with another job that I can do, let me know; I'm stuck. :+

Re: Radio Management (task)list - tBKwtWS - 03-18-2009

Noone has any tasks to add, modify or disagree with?
(03-16-2009, 07:11 PM)tBKwtWS link Wrote: There are a few tasks that have not been assigned yet:
  • The Dj applications need to be manganed and the radio crew maintained.

• On the talkshow, like Fist did, somoene should make sure we have different hosts that show up and producing nice shows.
    Manage the archive of recorded talk shows and decide to run a recording when we have no hosts.

This person will also hold end responsibility for the talk show and should govern the topics submitted by hosts to prevent the show discussing the same topics to often.
    If all these tasks are combined then this person can make fair decisions on who gets to air, considering their usual amout of listeners, the quality of their topics and such.

If you disagree in how I grouped a few tasks together in the last paragraph, please propose a better way and or if you think other tasks should be added, please, post!

*Offtopic*An interesting development about godscousin,
(03-16-2009, 07:34 PM)Fist link Wrote: Fist's non-management roles
There are currently a few people making bots, including Wesley, and gods_cousin, I have asked Wesley to stop making his bot, but he wants to do it, so we will have to see which one is the best.
he started his own radio station in the time we were down, we need to get back up fast!  #godscousin.radio GodsTime Radio

Re: Radio Management (task)list - TEF - 03-18-2009

The applications should be handled by the schedule manager (Fist), as they're asking for time slots on the schedule. :P As for maintaining the radio crew, I believe that we should all work together and not just have one manager for that job. These are only my opinions, of course. :+

EDIT: GodsCousin has no intention of quitting LVP Radio or making competition. :+

Quote:[08:25:04] <TEF> Why create your own radio, then? :+
[08:25:09] <GodsCousin> its not
[08:25:12] <TEF> Oh.
[08:25:13] <GodsCousin> its just bord
[08:25:18] <GodsCousin> and listen to music
[08:25:19] <GodsCousin> :p
[08:25:25] <TEF> So you have no intention of quitting LVP Radio when it comes back?
[08:25:29] <GodsCousin> nope
[08:25:44] <GodsCousin> i just doin this cause i wanna listen to music and let others listen if they want
[08:25:50] <TEF> Ah.
[08:25:52] <TEF> Awesome.

So, yeah, no worries. :)

Re: Radio Management (task)list - tBKwtWS - 03-18-2009

Yes, everyone will help. But there needs to be one person who gets informed by the person handling dj applications who passes and needs to get the irc guy to give him the correct rights, update the forum group and update the crewlist.

This could be the applications, irc guy or anyone else. But 1 person needs to be in charge to prevent people getting only forum rights and not the rest or vice versa

Re: Radio Management (task)list - TEF - 03-18-2009

I can handle both forum and IRC rights, but I can't help it if someone beats me to it. :+

Re: Radio Management (task)list - Fist - 03-19-2009

I could do it. Also it doesn't look like we can be up that fast...

Re: Radio Management (task)list - tBKwtWS - 03-19-2009

(03-19-2009, 08:15 AM)Fist link Wrote: Also it doesn't look like we can be up that fast...
Care to elaborate? (reason, timeframe)

Re: Radio Management (task)list - Fist - 03-20-2009

(03-19-2009, 05:45 PM)tBKwtWS link Wrote: Care to elaborate? (reason, timeframe)

Well we may be now. We need more DJs and a website before we can start up again. So Corleone, please PM me the FTP details please ;). Also if people put this banner in their sig It'll speed up relaunching. Maybe a week, if we can get those things sorted now...

People also need to download jingles from the Jingle topic, and save all of them, also we need more people to make jingles too. And jingles for indiviual DJs need to be posted too.