Las Venturas Playground
IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Main Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Complaints & Reports (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-20.html)
+---- Forum: Dealt With Complaints (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-21.html)
+---- Thread: IDEA: Small spawnweapon change (/thread-1199.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - Ronin - 05-06-2007

Look, in AmmuNation (small marker) you can't buy melee weapons and can't just find them lying somewhere as a pick-up (I think so. I've only found Desert Eagle in a pick-up form near Zero's RC shop so far). You can only buy them as a spawn weapons (big marker in AmmuNation). Right now you can only buy 2 of them: pool cue and [OMFG SPOILERS FOR NEWBIES!]dildo (aka "no minigun")[/OMFG SPOILERS FOR NEWBIES!]. Dildo may be fun, but pool cue is IMO just useless. You can barely hurt anyone with it. What about replacing it with something more powerful? I was thinking about:

Knife - It's not too powerful, but can inflict some decent damage when you hit a grounded opponent. Also, you can perform a speed kill on someone if you sneak behind him. It gives you some chances to win when facing an enemy with guns (with a bit of luck you can manage to get behind his back and stab him in the face neck).

Katana - Incredibly powerful. Decapitates enemies with ease. It's also available to strike in full sprint, which makes this weapon even more deadly. Players using guns must be real fast and careful to avoid hit when their opponent has a katana. I could even say, this would make melee vs guns battles even.

Chainsaw - Really decent. You can't sprint with this baby equipped, but if you'll hit your opponent with it and manage to ground him, he's a dead meat. Probably a wee bit too powerful, since you could just sprint to player with guns, switch to chainsaw and pwn him.

So, whaddya think?
BTW: On a second thought, dildo seems pretty useless, too... replace with stick? (Or cane. However it's called...) >:)

Re: IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - Peter - 05-06-2007

Katana's causes great desyncs (as you chop the head of your opponent off - but not on everyone's screen) and chainsaws are desyched in our server binary. Knifes can be bugged when someone's paused, but that's OK.

Re: IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - tomozj - 05-06-2007

Was about to say something close to Peter.

Knives do mess up alot, so I'd say no. Like you get stuck on the floor. Preety messy.
Katanas fuck up ALOT, as Peter said.
I didn't know that chainsaws were desynced, but I guess that means a no.

Meh.

-tj

Re: IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - Ronin - 05-06-2007

OK. So, by now, staff seems to not like the idea, because of desynchronizations. ;( Hopefully, those desynch bugs will be fixed in SA-MP 0.2... (If they were, then I'd choose katana. Fun weapon.)

Re: IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - Joeri - 05-06-2007

those weapons are only for "fun" if u want to kill someone choose a good weapon.
the poolque ruules! leave it with that

8)

Re: IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - Jay - 05-06-2007

Chainsaw is synched! That is not true

Re: IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - tBKwtWS - 05-07-2007

(05-06-2007, 12:21 PM)Ronin link Wrote: BTW: On a second thought, dildo seems pretty useless, too... replace with stick? (Or cane. However it's called...) >:)
Woowowow wait a sec here. I love my respawn dildo, thats mostly the reason for me to go to the ammunation!
And with the dildosmacking minigame, I think ppl walking around with dildo's is a very nice trademark of LVP. (Not to mention the humour of it)

*Edit:"I got killed by a chainsaw once and then I got banned for it! l0l
2007-02-16 18:58 tBKwtWS AntiCheat Used fake-kill with a Chainsaw (ban)

Re: IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - Fireburn - 05-07-2007

(05-06-2007, 12:33 PM)Peter link Wrote: chainsaws are desyched in our server binary

(05-06-2007, 11:56 PM)Grove link Wrote: Chainsaw is synched! That is not true

So chainsaws dont work in LVP.

Re: IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - Jay - 05-07-2007

w00t, Why would chainsaws not work in LVP? Every server is the same when it comes to weapons! You cant have a Minigun synched on one server, and not be synched on the other.

Re: IDEA: Small spawnweapon change - Joeri - 05-07-2007

in the 0.1b R2 samp server some weapons are forced-desyced, at 0.1b they still work

8)