Las Venturas Playground
What mobile phone do you have? - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Technology (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: What mobile phone do you have? (/thread-10585.html)

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Jhon - 11-22-2012

BUMP, doublepost and update: Just got the SIII, and well, no comments lol. All I can say is it's so freaking awesome that I feel like Fred Flintstone right now. Will take a while to get used to it.

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - KaBooM - 11-22-2012

Lol...

If you have any issues with it please post here, I'll be glad to help.

Actually I wanna buy it too, so I wanna know if it'll have any problems xD

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Jhon - 11-24-2012

Well, so far 2 days with it and no problems whatsoever. Stil exploring it, it has a crapload of features. All in all a pretty neat phone :3

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - IDmad - 11-28-2012

(11-22-2012, 01:54 AM)Jhon link Wrote: BUMP, doublepost and update: Just got the SIII, and well, no comments lol. All I can say is it's so freaking awesome that I feel like Fred Flintstone right now. Will take a while to get used to it.
Great choice!  d:)b 
SIII is definately one of the best phones, if not the best, out there right now and I can't recall anything coming in the near future which would be a lot better.  ;)
Yea, after u change from a normal phone to a smartphone it really blows ur mind how much u can do with it :D It's basically a computer in ur pocket :D

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Jhon - 11-30-2012

Thanks IDmad and yeah, it even executes some processes (such as scrolling through videos) faster than my PC, so I'm pretty surprised and satisfied with it. Completed 9 days with it and no problems at all, and battery lasts long enough (giving it an average use it lasts about 1 day - 1 day and a half). I'm waiting for Jelly Bean to be released in my country, since it fixes a problem that basically drains the battery in a way it shouldn't, and, supposedly, gives an overall better performance.

One thing I haven't tried yet and that, ironically, attracted me the most about this phone is the full HD video recording. I'll try it soon though (next time I travel by plane which will be on December 8th), and see how good it is. Photos look nice, although Samsung, for the time being, could've included a better camera, just like Sony Xperia T's 13 megapixel one but well, I can't complain about this one either. Peace!

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - LilBoy - 12-03-2012

I think of buying Nokia X7-00,what you guys think?It's a pretty decent phone?

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - KaBooM - 12-07-2012

I heard it was shit... Idk though I just heard...

Btw Jhon, doesn't your S3 lag at all? How many apps can you run without having any jitter or lag?
I tried it once on an exhibit and it was pretty laggy, I'm not sure how many apps were running cuz I didn't check, but hundreds of people were using it before me so idk if it was a defect or just too many apps running, or if it's naturally like that.

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Jhon - 12-07-2012

Well so far mine hasn't lagged at all in any app, I think max amounts of apps I've had running at the same time is 4 or 5 but I ain't sure... Only time it lags a little bit is when you're CLOSING the web browser because it's one of the most demanding apps, but I haven't noticed any freeze or weird behavior while using them. And regarding the one you tried I think it may be normal, because operators (at least here they do) normally install a crapload of apps to show off to people, and a lot of people uses them, etc.

I might be wrong, but I think the phone's speed is like a computer's OS: when it's a fresh install it feels flawless, but after a while using it, installing programs (apps), cache and shit it starts becoming slow, to the point you need to format it in order to have full performance again. That's why I didn't install a crapload of apps in mine (not that I need many anyway), and it still works as day one.

One thing I noticed though is that sometimes when playing music in the default player, you randomly hear like a crackling or interference noise, that progresivelly becomes really annoying. I read on the internet and it's happened to several phones, so it's Samsung's fault. Yesterday I took it to the operator where I bought it, and they told me to try Winamp and if the problem persists, they'll take it to warranty. With Winamp I've had no problem so far, but I'm not satisfied with the temporary "solution", I mean, it should not have this problem with ANY app at all. If it persists, I'll definitely take it for warranty to either get it fixed or replaced by a brand new one. I got it just 2 weeks ago. For the rest, it works flawlessly.

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - KaBooM - 12-08-2012

Ok, I'll take what you said into consideration when I plan to buy it, thanks.

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - IDmad - 12-10-2012

(12-03-2012, 11:59 PM)userless™ link Wrote: I think of buying Nokia X7-00,what you guys think?It's a pretty decent phone?
Well after a quick search it looks like an ok phone but those symbian phones have got some bad reviews in the past so don't know for sure... Haven't tried one myself so can't give any recommendations...

I'd recommend going for a mid range android phone or a windows phone. Maybe Nokia Lumia 710/800, Sony Xperia U/J or Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus/2?