Las Venturas Playground
What mobile phone do you have? - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Technology (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: What mobile phone do you have? (/thread-10585.html)

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Sean3 - 07-07-2010

Got it for $250, also got a $100 dollar rebate, so $150 total. Comes with a 16GB memory card, but this new one, Droid X seems cute, has a 8GB internal memory and a 16GB memory card Oo

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - nielz - 07-07-2010

I've had my Nokia E71 for about 2 years now :O Longest time I've ever had a phone, but this one is just that good! But still, it's time to get a new one! ;)

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Cyrix404 - 07-08-2010

(07-06-2010, 10:31 PM)Xen0n link Wrote: I have found in my own personal experience with others, that those who hate and talk shit on the iPhone, usually have never owned one, and in most cases never even used one.  Chances are there is something going on in their life (probably financially, since most ppl here are young) that prevents them from owning one, so the next best thing is to pretend that it is nothing so they don't feel so left out.

I have owned a Palm Treo 755p, Blackberry Tour 9630, and an Apple iPhone 3G.  I'm waiting a little while longer for the iPhone 4 "issues" to be ironed out and then i'll own one of those.  Out of all the smartphones I have owned and played with (for more than a minute) the iPhone surpasses them all.  There are some phones out there who are competing with and exceeding in many areas, but the iPhone is still an amazing phone. 

Also...

Release dates for iPhone
June 29, 2007 iPhone
July 11, 2008 iPhone 3G
June 19, 2009 iPhone 3GS
June 24, 2010 iPhone 4

4 years 4 phones.  Uhhhh.....

Some people.
(06-29-2010, 09:58 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: My Moto Droid > any iphone that ever existed.

I don't own a smartphone... yet, but I have played with them quite a bit, and I do have to say that the best one I have used is the Moto Droid, because not only does it have the touch screen, the open Android OS, it also has a FULL QWERTY keypad. Anyone who has used an iPhone will agree, the touchsceen emulated keyboard is okay, but leaves something to be desired, and in my opinion, I prefer typing with real keys versus typing on a screen, not to mention, if an iPhone can do it, most likely a droid could to, but it does it better, and can multitask.

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Xen0n - 07-11-2010

(07-07-2010, 12:50 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Take a day off and use the Moto Droid, and realize how much of a better phone it is.
If I was going to use any phone with the Android OS it sure as hell wouldn't be the Moto Droid.  Not with HTC dropping some amazing phones.  The Moto Droid is like the Great Value (WalMarts generic brand) of Android phones.

(07-07-2010, 12:50 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: 4 years 4 phones. Thats just milking fans, what you posted speaks for itself.
No disrespect, but you are a young dude who I think is still in school.  For someone who is grown and in the work world, the decision to upgrade a phone once a year isn't really that big of a deal.  They're not requiring upgrades, they are just offering a new product.  It's business... I don't see how Apple is different than any other cell phone company in releasing a phone every year.

(07-07-2010, 12:50 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Hard to believe people support apple.
Look at their numbers or check out some keynotes.  It's not hard to believe at all :D

(07-08-2010, 09:39 AM)Cyrix404 link Wrote: Anyone who has used an iPhone will agree, the touchsceen emulated keyboard is okay, but leaves something to be desired
I love it.  It does take some getting used to, but once you're used to it, it's awesome.

(07-08-2010, 09:39 AM)Cyrix404 link Wrote: if an iPhone can do it, most likely a droid could to, but it does it better, and can multitask.
Not true.  And the iPhone can multitask as well.

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Phyc0 - 08-01-2010

Has anyone got an iPhone 4? Are they really as good as everyone says they are?

I've just bought one. :X

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Sean3 - 08-02-2010

(07-11-2010, 03:07 PM)Xen0n link Wrote: No disrespect, but you are a young dude who I think is still in school.  For someone who is grown and in the work world, the decision to upgrade a phone once a year isn't really that big of a deal.  They're not requiring upgrades, they are just offering a new product.  It's business... I don't see how Apple is different than any other cell phone company in releasing a phone every year.
True, but if thats the case for needing a new phone every year, i would go with a Blackberry since their very reliable and drop some great phones. Besides the speed difference, the iphone 3g and 3gs havent changed one bit. Not to mention the iphone 4 is having some issues at it start lol

Btw, are you willing to buy the iphone 4g? *giggles*

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - HoogerBooger - 08-02-2010

Why don't ya'll already frig off with your gay iPhones and other stupid gadgets and buy a real man's phone like Nokia business class selection is.

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Mark - 08-02-2010

N900?

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Danny - 08-02-2010

(08-01-2010, 08:42 PM)Calvin link Wrote: Has anyone got an iPhone 4? Are they really as good as everyone says they are?

I've just bought one. :X

If you're left handed, you're screwed.

Re: What mobile phone do you have? - Phyc0 - 08-02-2010

(08-02-2010, 10:44 PM)Dan_ link Wrote: If you're left handed, you're screwed.
I'm sure left-handed people would be able to hold their phone in their right hand when making phone calls. Apple are offering free cases until September 30th which fixes the signal issue.