Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Improving Fight Club
Hi all,

I'm gathering some ideas on how we can make the Fight Club better. Please add yours!

A few from my side:
  • Enable control over starting health, armour, headshots, time of day, weather and so on.
  • Allow fights between parties of multiple players (2 vs. 2, for example).
  • No more dealing with fight IDs. Instead, you'll get to see dialogs.
Thanks,
Russell
Those are some good ideas Russell! I would suggest fights consisting of maximum 10 players (5 vs 5) for clanwars and such,more areas, and more than 10 rounds for people who wants to practise.
I think we should place Fight Club back into the main world. As it stands right now, we're in need of players to fill the void in world 0; fight club as it is right now draws out players for a short period of time, and if the virtual world thing you're planning is put into action more people will dissapear.

Back when we developed Fight Club as it is right now we had issues with the real Fight Club at the Las Venturas Motel because there we're way too many players (Almost always 100+) and people interfered in the battles. Drawing the fights out of the main world obviously fixed this, however I'm quite ambivalente towards this.

Back in the days Las Venturas motel as fight club in the main world was a fantastic recurring event that gathered gangs, clans, idlers and spectators. This made activity happen visibly on the server; what are that huge group of people over there doing? Well they're fighting, showing off skills and run away with the honor when a battle is proper well won. This is promoting a healhy deathmatching environment. Remember all the flaming in the chats met by 'well see you at FC', people knew shit went down and we'd see the argument settle with sawn-offs and uzis? The loser seldomly kept bitching, especially after being humiliated in front of half the server. That was FANTASTIC and it fueled the deathmatching on the server including gang-fights, because if your gang mate is pulled through shit at FC, other members gotta get in the action to keep up the rep for the gang. I'd like this back.

I do however clearly remember the issues. An admin was often needed to make sure the fight wasn't interrupted by lamers, nading, etc. I do however believe this is less of an issue now than back in the days considered the low playercount.

The current Fight Club system is alright as it does it job; it enables two players to fight each other without being interrupted. That's fine and it does its job, but jesus christ is it a killer for the community. It does not include any other besides the participants (Yeah, it aint that fun to /fight watch) and it is removing people from the main world. Why not turn these fights into an interesting event in LV as it was back in the days? That would generate an impression to new players that this is a well organized, fun and active server with all the various events popping up all the time (Sidenote: Where did all the cruises go, by the way?)

This is just a thought: would it be possible to draw back Fight Club to the LVs Motel on the Strip and enforce it with some clever development? I don't know what is possible as regards to scripting and coding, but could it be possible to create an area that cannot be entered nor exited, and an area you can't harm players inside of? A sort of 'sacred zone'. This zone could then be activated when a fight is about to go down by a similar command as the /fight invite. Any players inside this zone when the command is activated gets teleported up on the surrounding buildings.

On a sidenote, I really wholeheartedly do appreciate the constant improvements of the gamemode. The latest feature of houses are great, but I must admit that I do not believe you increase the playerbase by improving the playmode; you need to improve the community. The drastic fall in players on the server isn't because of some faulty gamemode; it was great back then. We simply got removed from the 'Hosted' tab at a bad time and lost exposure. Ever since we've tried to develop our ways out of the mud whilst smothering the actual community with stricter moderation and overrepresentation of staff (but that is another topic).  My simple plead is just; focus on improving the community, not the gamemode. Those things does not necessarily follow each other, and for a thriving community you must have constant action arranged and created by the community itself - wars, fights, cruises, etc. IN THE MAIN WORLD
(10-08-2016, 08:09 AM)Diablo Wrote: Those are some good ideas Russell! I would suggest fights consisting of maximum 10 players (5 vs 5) for clanwars and such,more areas, and more than 10 rounds for people who wants to practise.

Totally agree with you .
yea totally agree with diablo not sure about madlaggz what do you exactly mean?
(10-08-2016, 08:09 AM)Diablo Wrote: Those are some good ideas Russell! I would suggest fights consisting of maximum 10 players (5 vs 5) for clanwars and such,more areas, and more than 10 rounds for people who wants to practise.

This!
(10-08-2016, 12:15 PM)[MwK]LiKeHaunTy Wrote: yea totally agree with diablo not sure about madlaggz what do you exactly mean?

You should generate action within world 0, not anywhere else. Events like fight club fights and cruises etc. must be held in the main world to show that there is activity on the server. Just like we did back in the old days; it worked.
Changing the /fight accept ID into a dialog is a bad idea. Think of it, soooo many ways it can be used, and it is very annoying. For example people would accept fights by mistake, or they'd get a dialog in the middle of a fight...
Despite this, the team duels is a very good idea, same goes for having more settings
I strongly support the concept of moving LVFC back to main world, perhaps promote the use of that one by making it free and charge for the others.
Add a grenade duel option too please xD